Victorious 2016

Flaminglippy

4 hours ago, cammie81 said:

I'm sure someone said that the people behind Meat and Barrel had something to do with the bars. Shame it's not more like their actual bar which was great.

Yeah, spent a lot of time in there in the Friday, very nice. 

I think the bars were better than the year before (but given they were horrendous the year before that isn't saying much).

The queues were much better but that might have been due to it peeing down for 2 days solid and people going home early. Exception to that I would say was the one by the 2nd stage which always seemed busy when I was there. Dont think I queued once at the main stage bar.

They need another real tent but without bands...couldn't get a pint as people were using it for shelter and from what I could see most the bands there were playing to people's backs and it needs to be closer to the main stage, I ended up drinking pish because the trek from main stage to real ale tent and back could mean missing 3 bands (especially given the short sets). Get bar staff who know their arse from their elbows and who don't ID people who are clearly in their 40's then question people as to who their 2nd (or 3rd or 4th pint) is for.

That said, still loved it and going back for 3rd or 4th year running which isn't bad given its a trek down from Brum.  

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, cammie81 said:

Accomodation looking like it may be an issue this year. The festival is getting more and more attention due to the quality of the lineups and the low ticket price.

You needed to book that on the day that lineup came out. I got accomodation £100 for 2 nights I think which I thought was reasonable for a city.

Edited by thewayiam

36 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You needed to book that on the day that lineup came out. I got accomodation £100 for 2 nights I think which I thought was reasonable for a city.

Yeah that's very good actually. Looking like at least double that now for the places that still have rooms.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the Reading (unofficial, yet pretty much official) announcement, selfishly all be it, has made this fucking unreal value and glad I got a ticket!

Taking a look at it and the day's bands possibly could play Victorious I think Cage The Elephant might still be a shout for Saturday. As are Creeper.

Edited by seanz25

1 hour ago, MattDavies__ said:

Gotta remember Rock en Seine usually share a load more R&L acts than Victorious does. Cage would be great but I'm not very hopeful. 

We'll probably get Blossoms and Half Moon Run. Maybe Slaves... 

I'll be amazed if we get Slaves. They're playing Saturday Reading, Sunday Leeds.

Cage and Blossoms both play the Friday and Sunday. Bit to small of a gap to fly and return with gear and stuff surely? Hence me hoping there odds are slightly higher for Victorious. That and they've just finished a tour with the nearest dates not being exactly local of Bristol/London.

Edited by seanz25

8 hours ago, seanz25 said:

£5.8 Million cash boost to the local area just from Victorious is front cover of Portsmouth's 'The News' this morning. Might explain the extra funding they've likely got which has resulted in Noel, Manics, Ronson and overall a killer line-up :)

Doesn't surprise me. Struggled to get a hotel last year and this year there are loads of us coming up from Brum and we really struggled for accommodation. Plus the pubs will make a killing out of us! 

Edited by Flaminglippy

1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

Doesn't surprise me. Struggled to get a hotel last year and this year there are loads of us coming up from Brum and we really struggled for accommodation. Plus the pubs will make a killing out of us! 

Shame the next announcement based on last year is April. I fear The Coral clashing and I ditched their tour to catch them at a fest.

On 2/29/2016 at 10:19 PM, thewayiam said:

Shame the next announcement based on last year is April. I fear The Coral clashing and I ditched their tour to catch them at a fest.

Last year we defo had more than first announcement before the prices went up again, cus I bought mine at Tier 2 and there was lots already announced at that point.

31 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Last year we defo had more than first announcement before the prices went up again, cus I bought mine at Tier 2 and there was lots already announced at that point.

So are we thinking I'm safe until April? I doubt there is nothing that would get int he way of it for me.

13 hours ago, thewayiam said:

So are we thinking I'm safe until April? I doubt there is nothing that would get int he way of it for me.

I reckon so. They were flogging tickets on the gate last year. Even with this line up can't imagine it selling out in the next few months. Expect they would put out an announcement once the ticket numbers are running low. 

I messaged them on Facebook regarding some other ticket queries and did ask if they knew the schedule for the next announcement. Didn't expect anything back and all I got was "keep your eyes peeled" which does suggest it's probably sooner rather than later. 

Also I doubt this will sell out more I think about the size of the land. It's probably one of the biggest actual festival plots we have over here surely? Two main stages and then all the tents etc. How many do you reckon they're aloud to sell? I want to say 100,000 but feel I could be over estimating that greatly. 

3 hours ago, seanz25 said:

I messaged them on Facebook regarding some other ticket queries and did ask if they knew the schedule for the next announcement. Didn't expect anything back and all I got was "keep your eyes peeled" which does suggest it's probably sooner rather than later. 

Also I doubt this will sell out more I think about the size of the land. It's probably one of the biggest actual festival plots we have over here surely? Two main stages and then all the tents etc. How many do you reckon they're aloud to sell? I want to say 100,000 but feel I could be over estimating that greatly. 

Says 60,000 (a day) on the Victorious bit on this website which sounds about right. Think the other 59,999 were all in front of me when I was trying to get a decent pint from the real ale tent when it was pissing down last year.  

Edited by Flaminglippy

1 hour ago, MattDavies__ said:

Yeah, 60,000 tickets available for Noel's day and he couldn't even sell that out on Clapham Common last year so you'll be fine.

Tbh I'm much more interested in the Sunday, Saturday I would see Noel but only really bothered about Ash.

I presume the MSP set is just a normal set and not the Everything Must Go album show?

13 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Tbh I'm much more interested in the Sunday, Saturday I would see Noel but only really bothered about Ash.

I presume the MSP set is just a normal set and not the Everything Must Go album show?

Its Noel & Ash on the Sunday and Manics on the Saturday. 

Dunno about the Manics set...was thinking about that. Given the set lengths they get to do at Victorious if they do the 'E.M.G' show doubt it would leave time for anything else so expect they'll do a greatest hits set. Seeing them at Truck before Victorious so hopefully that will give us an idea...I'll let you know 

1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

Its Noel & Ash on the Sunday and Manics on the Saturday. 

Dunno about the Manics set...was thinking about that. Given the set lengths they get to do at Victorious if they do the 'E.M.G' show doubt it would leave time for anything else so expect they'll do a greatest hits set. Seeing them at Truck before Victorious so hopefully that will give us an idea...I'll let you know 

Ah that's cool.

6 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I hope Manics don't do a Everything Must Go set, its not exactly their best work. Might have been the most successful, but we all know sales doesn't mean quality, usually quite the opposite.

Personally I quite like it it, I like a lot of their cheesier stuff, but I do agree with them not doing that set.

I'm torn atm whether to bother with Biffy Leeds on Friday not, something significant needs to be added below and I'll be seeing where TKB play in Leftfield at Glasto or possibly taking a Midlands Slam Dunk ticket. Well aware than Glasto clashes for them will probably be crazy.....but I'm willing to miss something bigger dependent to see them.