Victorious 2016

Flaminglippy

Matt I agree, my parents and all their friends a good 12 + of them loved the 90s thing, so much they've booked for their own show at the Pyramids. Reckon your spot on, have them sub the castle with another DJ act, reckon they'll do super business from that. Supposedly couldn't get anywhere near the stage for the 90s once it started. 

I actually reckon they'll go for Jamie T unless he has an R&L exclusive but he's played R&L festival so much recently I can see it them bailing on it next year. He's playing Portsmouth and Bournemouth next month and is very popular down here. Libertines I can't see happening plus they're not touring next year are they? To expensive. Pete solo set could easily be third down from top or sub at a push. Think Black Keys would be good but I can't see it selling well here. 

Agree with LuckySalt on Travis etc needing to be on earlier if that's the act they're booking.

other acts I reckon are possible:

- Suede (Big enough to headline?)

- Happy Monday's 

- Richard Ashcroft

- Kaiser Chiefs

Also I thought we'd already discussed Noel etc on play short set times due to Victorious demands rather than a pay per set type deal? 

Edited by seanz25

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/2/2016 at 4:41 PM, MattDavies__ said:

Doing joint Saturday/Sunday tickets for next year, too. Currently 45 quid plus booking fee 

At 20 quid for just the Castle Stage the Friday night doesn't look as great value personally (especially when its virtually guaranteed to be Rhythm of the 90's warming up for a shitty Annie Mac type DJ or two) but I can see a lot of people paying that and them making a killing.  

On 9/3/2016 at 1:29 AM, seanz25 said:

Matt I agree, my parents and all their friends a good 12 + of them loved the 90s thing, so much they've booked for their own show at the Pyramids. Reckon your spot on, have them sub the castle with another DJ act, reckon they'll do super business from that. Supposedly couldn't get anywhere near the stage for the 90s once it started. 

I actually reckon they'll go for Jamie T unless he has an R&L exclusive but he's played R&L festival so much recently I can see it them bailing on it next year. He's playing Portsmouth and Bournemouth next month and is very popular down here. Libertines I can't see happening plus they're not touring next year are they? To expensive. Pete solo set could easily be third down from top or sub at a push. Think Black Keys would be good but I can't see it selling well here. 

Agree with LuckySalt on Travis etc needing to be on earlier if that's the act they're booking.

other acts I reckon are possible:

- Suede (Big enough to headline?)

- Happy Monday's 

- Richard Ashcroft

- Kaiser Chiefs

Also I thought we'd already discussed Noel etc on play short set times due to Victorious demands rather than a pay per set type deal? 

While I agree, sticking Editors on before Manics wouldn't have helped. It's their issue for not making full use of their set but to have got them on that main stage as well as all the other main one's would have been too good for money lol, easily the best price ticket this year as it was anywhere.

Easy to see why Ashcroft was never going to be under Noel. I am almost tempted to try for Glasto based on him and a couple of others and sack it off if it's a bit weak, it's only £15 loss and by that time you'll forget about it anyway. It's defo lined based for me next year. I think he'll play very high at T and IOW at least.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Victorious go for Weller to headline Sunday night. 

If I was them id get Fatboy Slim in on the Friday he would work perfectly after Rhythm of the 90s and I don't think he would be too hard to book. 

But the only thing with that is, I think the Friday night is going to be more aimed at teenagers so I don't think they would be too happy with either act. 

Think Rhythm of the 90s will headline whatever is the next biggest stage after the castle stage on the Friday night and then they'll probably do another daytime slot over the weekend too.

So I reckon it will probably be someone like Example headlining the Friday.

Other headliner Id go for on Saturday would be Stereophonics if they could get them. Phonics and Weller would be a strong pairing. 

14 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Victorious go for Weller to headline Sunday night. 

If I was them id get Fatboy Slim in on the Friday he would work perfectly after Rhythm of the 90s and I don't think he would be too hard to book. 

But the only thing with that is, I think the Friday night is going to be more aimed at teenagers so I don't think they would be too happy with either act. 

Think Rhythm of the 90s will headline whatever is the next biggest stage after the castle stage on the Friday night and then they'll probably do another daytime slot over the weekend too.

So I reckon it will probably be someone like Example headlining the Friday.

Other headliner Id go for on Saturday would be Stereophonics if they could get them. Phonics and Weller would be a strong pairing. 

I would probably attend Sunday lineup dependent.