Victorious 2016

Flaminglippy

1 minute ago, seanz25 said:

Ashcroft's doing support for Noel at Glasgow summer sessions on the Friday of Victorious weekend though?

Maybe, but people are paying a lot more for a ticket to that. I doubt it's financially viable for Victorious to sell a ticket for under £40 with a load of other acts when the top two cost £100 on their own, plus there is only two other cheaper acts for Glasgow.

Edited by thewayiam

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

I would think with Ashcroft supporting Noel in Glasgow a couple of days before he'd be the front runner but I think the likes of Johnny Marr and CATB are still in with a shout.

Catfish is way more likely right now imo. I hope Glasto confirm Ash next week meaning there is no reason to attend at all Sunday.

2 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

I'm wondering if they have blown the budget on Noel G. Given last year's subs were Primals and SFA, can't see anybody arguing Echo and The Bunnymen are the same level?    

Entirely possible, although I doubt it. 

Few factors to consider, firstly they're later - although out-of sync - with the announcements this year, if we're looking at how they did things they the Darkness, We Are Scientists and over 100+ right at the end of April, the speed they're going at currently releasing acts would suggest a final large announcement featuring two or three act that will fit highly on the bill seems still very plausible. 

Secondly, Sunday looks very weak in comparison, depending on how you view Noel on his own stature wise in contrast to MSP's. You also have to think they release acts in bouts hoping to capture public's eye on those who haven't already bought tickets, by continously announcing new 'name' acts throughout the year leading up-to the festival so it keeps being a talking point within the local area, even at events such as family BBQ's and fairs for example. 

I'm also curious how much Noel actually demands for a festival appearance? He's everywhere this year, he's also played Bournemouth to which is still local enough IMO that some may not bother going to Victorious to see if they've seen him already. Although probably only small numbers of people. 

I personally am tempted to go back on what I said earlier here and predict Madness sub-headline it, doing Boomtown but there's no day tickets for that, plus there's one or two other acts Victorious and Boomtown are sharing so quite likely given the circumstances and people the festival attracts.

1 hour ago, seanz25 said:

Entirely possible, although I doubt it. 

Few factors to consider, firstly they're later - although out-of sync - with the announcements this year, if we're looking at how they did things they the Darkness, We Are Scientists and over 100+ right at the end of April, the speed they're going at currently releasing acts would suggest a final large announcement featuring two or three act that will fit highly on the bill seems still very plausible. 

Secondly, Sunday looks very weak in comparison, depending on how you view Noel on his own stature wise in contrast to MSP's. You also have to think they release acts in bouts hoping to capture public's eye on those who haven't already bought tickets, by continously announcing new 'name' acts throughout the year leading up-to the festival so it keeps being a talking point within the local area, even at events such as family BBQ's and fairs for example. 

I'm also curious how much Noel actually demands for a festival appearance? He's everywhere this year, he's also played Bournemouth to which is still local enough IMO that some may not bother going to Victorious to see if they've seen him already. Although probably only small numbers of people. 

I personally am tempted to go back on what I said earlier here and predict Madness sub-headline it, doing Boomtown but there's no day tickets for that, plus there's one or two other acts Victorious and Boomtown are sharing so quite likely given the circumstances and people the festival attracts.

Yeah, hopefully. Wouldn't mind Madness although think they might be a little bit too big to sub for Noel? 

Regardless of who is or isn't announced in the future, its still excellent value for money.  

On 5/31/2016 at 3:52 PM, Callum_96 said:

I can't see Madness playing underneath Noel considering they are headlining Kendal Calling together, I still think Richard Ashcroft is the best bet

No reason to hold it back

1 hour ago, seanz25 said:

Lots questioning on Twitter and one or two on the forums if Catfish are gonna play reading. Potentially deems plausible that could stop them doing Victorious. Although not added this afternoon. 

I doubt they will do Reading this year, they could be in line for a sub slot next year though, Wembley Arena Standing at least on Seetickets is sold out and the majority of Lower Seating.

• 2 weeks later...

Having seen a new poster for Victorious I seriously doubt Echo and the Bunnymen are subbing or even third.

It was laid out like this

NOEL - MARK RONSON - MANICS - ANNIE MAC

TRAVIS - EDITORS - WILL YOUNG - BOOMTOWN RATS

WOLFMOTHER - THE CORAL - LEVELLERS - WRETCH 32

ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN - MANY MORE

21 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Having seen a new poster for Victorious I seriously doubt Echo and the Bunnymen are subbing or even third.

It was laid out like this

NOEL - MARK RONSON - MANICS - ANNIE MAC

TRAVIS - EDITORS - WILL YOUNG - BOOMTOWN RATS

WOLFMOTHER - THE CORAL - LEVELLERS - WRETCH 32

ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN - MANY MORE

The £30 early bird ends on the 1st July so if there is another decent announcement guessing it'll be around then.

What you've said would make sense given there are 10 bands listed for the main stage Saturday and only 7 on the Sunday, so another couple would even it up a bit. 

Just added loads more bands (mainly on smaller stages). Slow Readers Club, Southsea Alternative Choir (very entertaining last year) and Kassassin Street. Also Fleetwood Mac and Madness tribute bands.  Loads of others   

Edited by Flaminglippy

On 6/16/2016 at 9:59 AM, MattDavies__ said:

One more slot left main stage Sunday then. Either someone playing Portsmouth area (Madness) will slot in or they're giving Noel a longer set... 

Oh yeah, real shame that Sundays main stage has such a weak undercard compared to Saturday, think i'll do a lot of wondering around the site that day.

15 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Also doubt we are getting Madness if theres a Madness tribute act playing. Which there is. The same time as Noel.

Also see a Fleetwood Mac tribute playing too, we didn't have tribute acts last year did we?

Yeah I spotted that after posting. Muse be someone slotting in though. Can't work out why they haven't been announced. 

We had Bog Rolling Stones last year at least, so its not a new thing. 

2 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Yeah I spotted that after posting. Muse be someone slotting in though. Can't work out why they haven't been announced. 

We had Bog Rolling Stones last year at least, so its not a new thing. 

Fleetingwood Mac did last year to.

Bit frustrating The Madness act clashes with Noel.

• 3 weeks later...