Victorious 2016

Flaminglippy

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

Thinking about the Y Not bands...how about Madness? Free the Sunday although playing London the Monday.

Still hoping for Ashcroft though. With Charlatans on before him then Noel after. That'd do the job! 

Doubt it highly. Doing Boomtown as a headliner, which is in Winchester.

Otherwise I'd have said likely.

I'd say from the Y we're getting at least Catfish or The Hives. Money's on Catfish.

Charlatans are in Ireland on the Friday of the weekend, I'm not convinced money wise for them it's logical to come back over for just one festival slot at Electric Fields. Probably play one or two other gigs around Ireland whilst there out there. They did Southampton a month or so ago, as a tour kick off exclusive. If they're playing Victorious it's likely a booking the promoters got on a good deal IMO.

Edited by seanz25

15 hours ago, seanz25 said:

I'd say from the Y we're getting at least Catfish or The Hives. Money's on Catfish.

Charlatans are in Ireland on the Friday of the weekend, I'm not convinced money wise for them it's logical to come back over for just one festival slot at Electric Fields. Probably play one or two other gigs around Ireland whilst there out there. They did Southampton a month or so ago, as a tour kick off exclusive. If they're playing Victorious it's likely a booking the promoters got on a good deal IMO.

Out of the 'Y Not' bands the best one for me would be the Cribs...always quality live. If they had Cribs/Charlatans/Ashcroft/Noel...that'd do. 

Did we rule out Ocean Colour Scene for some reason? Doing fests and still mates with Noel as far as I am aware. Would be happy if they got added mainly on the basis my missus loves them and she wouldn't try and drag me back to house early with the babby if they were on.     

15 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Hives would be a fantastic addition!

Yeah Hives would be the gamechanger for the weekend for me - going from good to great. 

Depending on where they wanna put Catfish? Would they sub the Castle under Ronson? Size wise would make sense really, plus slightly more geared towards younger audience (No offense to anyone older on here that likes em :P) but also the argument of do you put a band vaguely similar to The Hives on another stage at the same time? Probably not? 

Can't remember if we ruled out Kaiser Chiefs either, they still seem like a band Victorious would book, although must admit I'm not that fussed about them.

Sunday potentially:
Main: NG's HFB's - Ashcroft - Kasier Chiefs or The Hives or Pete Doherty
Castle: Ronson - Catfish

Think that's probably pushing it in hindsight tbh. I don't know the going rate for The Hives or Kaisers either. Hives could well be added to Reading next week seeing as the line-up's pretty shoddy for acts of that size currently.

5 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Did we rule out Ocean Colour Scene for some reason?

They're about according to their website during the weekend. TBH with you though I'd be pretty disappointed with them as a sub now. Maybe 3rd/4th down behind Ashcroft or whatever but rather they weren't subs thanks.

51 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

Yeah Hives would be the gamechanger for the weekend for me - going from good to great. 

Depending on where they wanna put Catfish? Would they sub the Castle under Ronson? Size wise would make sense really, plus slightly more geared towards younger audience (No offense to anyone older on here that likes em :P) but also the argument of do you put a band vaguely similar to The Hives on another stage at the same time? Probably not? 

Can't remember if we ruled out Kaiser Chiefs either, they still seem like a band Victorious would book, although must admit I'm not that fussed about them.

Sunday potentially:
Main: NG's HFB's - Ashcroft - Kasier Chiefs or The Hives or Pete Doherty
Castle: Ronson - Catfish

Think that's probably pushing it in hindsight tbh. I don't know the going rate for The Hives or Kaisers either. Hives could well be added to Reading next week seeing as the line-up's pretty shoddy for acts of that size currently.

They're about according to their website during the weekend. TBH with you though I'd be pretty disappointed with them as a sub now. Maybe 3rd/4th down behind Ashcroft or whatever but rather they weren't subs thanks.

Yeah...think OCS/Ashcroft/Noel would be more likely than OCS/Noel. 

6 hours ago, seanz25 said:

They did release acts like The Darkness and a few others in June last year. So it's possible we'll still get 3/4 biggish acts yet. Interesting times. 

Defo you got couple acts under Noel and headliner on second against Manics, but i'd imagine those are the biggest acts

Think they'll be a couple more older gen acts for under Noel and then Castle acts will be for younger lot. At the mo i'd sayy the fest is quite lacking in acts for the teens, obviously stuff like Rat Boy will appeal, but think the last Castle headliner will be a big un for them.

On 4/15/2016 at 11:35 PM, luckysalt said:

Just saw Johnny Marr is supporting Noel on the Glasgow date on the Friday of Victorious, so we are getting a different support then as he played last year. [and was excellent]

Yep. 

Hoping they add SWMRS to, playing Reading Friday/Leeds Saturday. Would be a decent, cheap, indy addition for the afternoon similar to JAWs and can sell them solely on the drummer being related to the lead singer of Green Day.

Quick question for the locals. A mate of mine has booked a B&B called the 'Britannic Guest House' in Southsea and has been trying to get in touch with them for a few weeks but e-mails are getting bounced back and the phone number is ringing out. Does anybody know if they are still trading or has the Britannic gone the way of the Titanic??   

Edited by Flaminglippy

Came in to say two things.

1 - Ashcroft announced as main support for Noel the Friday in Glasgow, id be shocked if he isn't subbing him at Victorious as well now.

2 - Noel confirmed to be playing a 75 min set at Y Not, so I'd expect he will play same set, probably same setlist even at Victorious too.

Both is good news.

11 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Came in to say two things.

1 - Ashcroft announced as main support for Noel the Friday in Glasgow, id be shocked if he isn't subbing him at Victorious as well now.

2 - Noel confirmed to be playing a 75 min set at Y Not, so I'd expect he will play same set, probably same setlist even at Victorious too.

Both is good news.

Yeah...just texted my mates the same thing. That would be a great night...Ashcroft into Noel. Turning into what V used to be in terms of a proper indie line up.   

17 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Quick question for the locals. A mate of mine has booked a B&B called the 'Britannic Guest House' in Southsea and has been trying to get in touch with them for a few weeks but e-mails are getting bounced back and the phone number is ringing out. Does anybody know if they are still trading or has the Britannic gone the way of the Titanic??   

Panic over...they've replied now.

Glad to hear its looking more and more likely about Richard Ashcroft. 

Noel also confirmed for Lowlands which is in France a week before. So he's doing a fair bit of touring those last few weeks of August. Jake Bugg also doing Lowlands and Zurich open air which ends on the Saturday of Victorious, he's not confirmed for a specific day yet. Reckon he's still a good shout for 3rd down Sunday seeing as there is still 2 acts left to be confirmed for the main stage Sunday and Richard Ashcroft seems likely. Knocking about, stocks fallen massively so he's cheaper and he's a slightly more 'newer' victorious type act. 

Noel - Ashcroft - Bugg solid and realistic IMO now. Hopefully get's booked.

Edit: Watch them stick Ash against something decent.

Edited by seanz25

• 2 weeks later...

Starting to release other stuff for this now, Beats & Swing tent is headlined by Jenova Collective, Little Violet, Chris Tofu & Cutmaster Swift. Not that I know who they are.

They've also introduced the 'Happy Circus' tent which I think sounds great - Pre-7PM they've got ton's of varying circus displays/shows on, acrobats, stunt teams, etc. They then have DJ sets from 7PM onwards. I wonder if that's replacing the smaller tent that seemed to be only DJ sets last year, the one that was pretty much first viewing from crossing over from Main to Castle stage?

Either way sounds great as there wasn't ton's on kids were interested in early last year, so this should fit nicely so long as they don't make it to small to sit/watch in. 

18 hours ago, seanz25 said:

Starting to release other stuff for this now, Beats & Swing tent is headlined by Jenova Collective, Little Violet, Chris Tofu & Cutmaster Swift. Not that I know who they are.

well, I can tell you that Chris Tofu is the guy who runs Continental Drifts, who are the people who supply much of the infrastructure for Shangri-La at Glastonbury (and LV before that) as well as do the bookings.

(Tofu isn't his real name, that comes from him being in early-Glasto legends the Tofu Love Frogs).

Edited by eFestivals

EDIT: Wretch-32, Public Service Broadcasting & Annie Mac according to 'The News' looks like a leak.. 
DMA’s, Eliza and The Bear and Luke Sital-Singh.

Read more: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/business/radio-one-s-annie-mac-and-wretch-32-added-to-star-studded-southsea-victorious-festival-line-up-1-7401300#ixzz49hnXw2C5

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/business/radio-one-s-annie-mac-and-wretch-32-added-to-star-studded-southsea-victorious-festival-line-up-1-7401300

Mixed-opinions, not sure how popular these are anymore... Big names (ish) I guess though for the top 3 at least.

Annie Mac for Castle Stage headliner Saturday then? Playing Creamfields Sunday. Would make sense. Wretch-32 probably sub-headlining that day.

Edited by seanz25

7 hours ago, seanz25 said:

EDIT: Wretch-32, Public Service Broadcasting & Annie Mac according to 'The News' looks like a leak.. 
DMA’s, Eliza and The Bear and Luke Sital-Singh.

Read more: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/business/radio-one-s-annie-mac-and-wretch-32-added-to-star-studded-southsea-victorious-festival-line-up-1-7401300#ixzz49hnXw2C5

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/business/radio-one-s-annie-mac-and-wretch-32-added-to-star-studded-southsea-victorious-festival-line-up-1-7401300

Mixed-opinions, not sure how popular these are anymore... Big names (ish) I guess though for the top 3 at least.

Annie Mac for Castle Stage headliner Saturday then? Playing Creamfields Sunday. Would make sense. Wretch-32 probably sub-headlining that day.

Want something bigger to travel down for.