Victorious 2016

Flaminglippy

Anybody booked for this yet? Got tickets for Xmas and looking forward to going back. Strange festival...think somebody on here described it as being like a village fete with a great soundtrack which about sums it up. 

Think they'll have to go some to beat the Flaming Lips and (the surprisingly brilliant) Ray Davies

My guesses for headliners-.

Manics or Suede, with Charlatans or Ocean Colour Scene subbing. 

Fatboy Slim

Also reckon we'll see the likes of Shed 7 (again), Inspirals, Bluetones, The Heavy. 

On a side note...if anybody knows of a house close to the site with a garden that could accommodate 10 adults and 3 babies for the 3 nights, ideally 5 beds but could consider a 4, please give us a shout. Can't find one that will accommodate us all  

Edited by Flaminglippy

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...I'd be happy with Belle and Sebastian personally but not sure they would be a massive ticket shifter for Victorious. 

Hopefully they'll get fewer bands but doing longer sets, rather than last year where it was like the conveyor belt on the 'Generation Game' with sets whizzing past at a rate of knots. 

Edited by Flaminglippy

Will have to pull something out of the bag next year for me to return, Id love Manics, not too fussed on Suede, Charlatans would be great, OCS are either great or boring on the day depends if they can be fussed. 

If Reading have Pixies, maybe Pixies could do this too. 

But if Reading get Radiohead, then im afraid im at Reading, also looking good on Reading getting Weezer. Shame rest of Reading line up will most likely be filled with shite.

16 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Will have to pull something out of the bag next year for me to return, Id love Manics, not too fussed on Suede, Charlatans would be great, OCS are either great or boring on the day depends if they can be fussed. 

If Reading have Pixies, maybe Pixies could do this too. 

But if Reading get Radiohead, then im afraid im at Reading, also looking good on Reading getting Weezer. Shame rest of Reading line up will most likely be filled with shite.

surely Reading aren't gonna get Radiohead though? or Pixies, mind

When do we reckon we'll get an announcement for this then? Agree on fewer bands, longer sets! Pixies would be lovely. Charlatans are doing a warm up tour set in Southampton next month, not sure if it'd be to soon for them to return and do a festival. Could easily be wrong though. 

Also to add worth looking at the Y Not 2016 line-up if comes out before Victorious's, they shared similar acts last time round. 

Prices are slightly up this year I think to only a few pounds more though, nothing drastic. But maybe enough to grab slightly stronger headliners? (Not that last year's weren't, well Flaming Lips were, not so much Ray Davies)

Add some names to the hat:
Neck Deep (Populer ATM - Play Southampton in April mind - But would still draw and they've had a trend of similar acts fairly high-up the last few years - IE Pigeon Detectives, WAS)

Ash - Back from US Festivals by then, won't be at Reading (Where there last year) solid booking and probably not overly expensive

Suede/Happy Monday's/Manic's one of them as they love the 80's/90's bookings. 

Creeper - Local and upcoming act likely to do big things, gaining momentum. Likely to be at R&L though. 

Slaves - Similar to above just more popular. Probably won't be that pricey either.

Rhythm of the 90's thing - Was meant to be ridiculously popular last year. And everyone who went said they were superb. Wouldn't surprise me if they get a high-slot or even headline one of the tents or whatever.

Palma Violets - Fuck no's what there upto. Cheap but decent act. 

New Order - Peter Hook went down well - They're touring this year. 

Cage The Elephant/Sum 41/Weezer/Offspring - Reading will probably snatch up all of these but if they don't could see one of them being booked, fit's in with the bill, latter two would be solid headliners and probably at the max budget Victorious pays. Sum 41 probably unlikely but worth a mention, I get a hunch about Cage The Elephant being there, just fit's in with the sound festival has, similar to other bookings they've made and they've completely avoided Hampshire on there upcoming tour in March despite visiting a lot of other random locations?

All speculating though and some of it's probably just wishful thinking :P

Edited by seanz25

Last years line-up first headliner was released in December 2014 so they're already later on announcements, but the Flaming Lips announcement came roughly right round a year ago today. No mention on Twitter or that, but surely should expect something soon?

As rightfully posted on comments on Fb Victorious seem really inactive on social media and stuff.. I get  a slight feeling it's not happening. Theres been no news on line up, yet all the other festivals the promoters run are releasing this week or next.. 

40 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

As rightfully posted on comments on Fb Victorious seem really inactive on social media and stuff.. I get  a slight feeling it's not happening. Theres been no news on line up, yet all the other festivals the promoters run are releasing this week or next.. 

The promoters don't run any other festivals? They've been posting every few days or so on Facebook... 

2 hours ago, seanz25 said:

I thought the promoters where the same ones who where involved with Y NOT and Truck. Going by very similar line ups and website designs? 

As far as I'm aware its very much an independent festival. I think the lineups are similar out of convenience more than anything else 

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Wow!!! Impressive again

What's not impressive is that it's most likely The Coral not playing Reading so I have to catch them at Glasto. Very tempted to go through early morning pain at work and get a ticket for a remaining gig of theirs as I won't go to this for two days, not really bothered by Noel but it is a decent lineup.

13 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

12688197_913518085398472_162174541372221

Manics not headlining, apparently 

Where'd you hear this? I swear I've read on Portsmouth News that they where?  The only thing suggesting is the text size on poster being smaller than Noel's. 

Manics tweeted saying they're headlining. 

Edited by seanz25