Holiday Request from work turned down :(

gooner1990

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

A wink and a tickle is entirely non-discriminatory. Male, female, every single gender and identory contained herein: apart from people without bottoms, I suppose. Then I'd try and choose the most appropriate body part. 

But what if gooner's boss was a bloke and winked back at him in a salacious manner (assuming that gooner is not that way inclined)? Mind you, I couldn't rule out noshing on my boss's stump for a few days guaranteed leave at Glastonbury time.

Apologies, I'm getting carried away with the thought of Glastonbury this year.

43 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

And who can blame you, my brother. I got a new hat the other day: I can almost smell that heady mix of rotten apples, piss and frying onions already . . . 

I get the piss and frying onions bit but the rotten apples bit eludes me?

PS - Nice one on the hat front. It is very very rare for me to wear a hat for more than a minute but may sport a purple top hat this year. Why not I ask myself, as there's no point in it just lying in a cupboard (I bought it for my wedding but never wore it in the end). What type of hat have you bought? Despite not wearing hats I do like them - in my eyes Philip Treacy is God when it comes to hats.

• 2 weeks later...

So, today I had a meeting with my manager, who was unimpressed that I had got HR involved so quickly...anyhow, they said they would be prepared in this instance to give me 3 days off (thurs, fri and mon)

Two hours later the lady who'd booked two weeks off for her daughters wedding cancelled some of her days, so I've now been given the Wednesday off too.

Just the tuesday to go now.....which I've got four months of pestering time to get it off. :) 

My friend works for a very small business and has taken the time off to go to Glastonbury the past three years. His boss is aware of this, particularly as last year their leave was consecutive and it caused some "issues". This year his boss has taken one of the Glastonbury weeks off for a holiday that could have been taken at some other time.

His boss also threw a bit of a tantrum over some other leave he requested. Needless to say, he's looking for a new job.

Edited by Untz

Well i asked for the monday and tuesday off following the festival back in october  and the bastards turned me down.

Thankfull they let me know the company are relocating even further away making my daily commute around 4 hours, in fact making it untenable and i've told them to fuck off.  

New job within 30 days is required.

I had some, but not all of my holiday request denied.  Seems I'll be finishing work at 7am on the Wednesday of the festival now, coming straight off a 12 hour overnight shift.  Not going to let it bother me, will just have to grab a couple of hours kip in the shade Wednesday afternoon and save the big bag of naughties for Thursday when I'll better enjoy them.

Glad it's worked out for you Gooner - & good luck to all the other job-seekers out there!

I need to get a fortnight off next year as we're getting married the weekend before Glastonbury & then mini-mooning at Glastonbury (if the ticket gods are kind in October) - I better give my boss some advance warning on that score!

Good news Gooner. I booked my time off a couple of months ago. I'm off from Wednesday and then following the festival have the whole of the next week off too. Did that last year. It made for a really nice summers break. 4 months and 1 day to go until gates open!

1 hour ago, sime said:

Good news Gooner. I booked my time off a couple of months ago. I'm off from Wednesday and then following the festival have the whole of the next week off too. Did that last year. It made for a really nice summers break. 4 months and 1 day to go until gates open!

It's 4 months til gates open ;) 

6 hours ago, 6t6o6m said:

It's 4 months til gates open ;) 

Yes yes, thank you...! I have a cold and lost track of days. The wink emoji you used made me cringe. Please desist this practice immediately!...

I didn't put my leave request in straight away because no one else had it booked and it was fine, but then they start talking about the EU referendum (because we're not allowed leave during elections) so I managed to get it in JUST before they officially announced it.  Phew!  I told my manager I'd be going regardless because I'd had it booked since Oct & it wasn't MY fault the Tories had sprung thing upon us...  She wasn't best pleased! :D