Brighton To Glastonbury

BlackHole2006

Hi Guys,

Got a coach ticket on the first sale in October. Absolutely can't wait to be back but one thing has been playing on my mind. I've had a look at my coach ticket from Brighton to Glastonbury and it seems as though there are no allotted arrival times. I'm not entirely sure how it works, do you just turn up and wait your turn? If that is the case, then what is the earliest coach that you can get from Brighton to Glastonbury? Obviously the earlier I arrive there the better

You'll be allocated your times much closer to the festival. I think London is the only place that allows to you choose your time on the way to the festival, and even then there are fixed return times. 

So so for the moment it's just a case of sit and wait until they notify you of your times. 

Yeah, at some point fairly soon you'll be able to go to Seetickets site and enter your order number, and it will tell you what time coaches you're pencilled in for (you might even be able to already). Be warned though, that they do reserve the right to change your time up until they send you your e-ticket, so don't book anything (travel to get where your coach leaves from, for example) until it's been confirmed, in case it changes. 

Nice one guys, cheers for this! Last year I got a coach from the pick up/drop off point so I have a general idea of what it'll be like to travel on the coach. I think I'm getting a lift up to Brighton from my dad so I don't need to be worrying about changing any bookings for travel up to Brighton, but thanks for the heads up.

Edited by BlackHole2006

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

Just had a quick look back, and last year the timetables for coaches were announced in March, so people could check which they were likely to be on, and the e-tickets were sent out mid-late May. 

Thanks for that bud, looks like I've still got a while to wait. I guess the reason why it isn't a free for all is because it'd be absolute bedlham with everyon trying to get the earliest bus possible (me included) so that makes sense. I just gotta hope I'm on an early one!

18 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Thanks for that bud, looks like I've still got a while to wait. I guess the reason why it isn't a free for all is because it'd be absolute bedlham with everyon trying to get the earliest bus possible (me included) so that makes sense. I just gotta hope I'm on an early one!

No worries. I did hear of one person who got in touch with See last year via email before the times were announced, and cheekily asked to be on an early coach and they agreed. I tried the same (although it was a bit later, so maybe they'd already been allocated), and got turned down. Might be worth a try! Possibly depends on who reads the email and whether they're in a helpful mood. 

I'll be going by car this year, though, so I'll be banging on the gates at opening time! 

18 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Possibly depends on who reads the email and whether they're in a helpful mood.

It could just be that they read the email, checked the already allocated time and responded positively or negatively based on what they saw - I've known people who've worked at See in the past (albeit not for a few years now), and the front line staff (ie the ones answering phones and emails) didn't have any kind of influence over anything of consequence.

I got the 14.45pm one from brighton last year on the Wednesday and despite leaving a little late the journey was very smooth, very little traffic and arrived around 7.30ish. Plenty of daylight and camping spots available in many places although I just set up in Pylon to get the festival underway asap.

Got my ticket in the resale so am hoping for an earlier slot this year.

3 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

I got the 14.45pm one from brighton last year on the Wednesday and despite leaving a little late the journey was very smooth, very little traffic and arrived around 7.30ish. Plenty of daylight and camping spots available in many places although I just set up in Pylon to get the festival underway asap.

Got my ticket in the resale so am hoping for an earlier slot this year.

Glad to hear that it's a smooth journey up there at least. Last year I did the park & ride as my dad kindly drove all the way to Glastonbury to drop me off but when I arrived there it was absolute mayhem and I was queuing for about 4 or 5 hours just to get a bus to get into the festival plus there were teenagers on the coach moaning about the wait loudly for the entire journey so it wasn't the best travel experience I've had.

Hopefully this coach travel will be better and I plan on bringing a 4 pack so that will hopefully keep me occupied.

10 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Glad to hear that it's a smooth journey up there at least. Last year I did the park & ride as my dad kindly drove all the way to Glastonbury to drop me off but when I arrived there it was absolute mayhem and I was queuing for about 4 or 5 hours just to get a bus to get into the festival plus there were teenagers on the coach moaning about the wait loudly for the entire journey so it wasn't the best travel experience I've had.

Hopefully this coach travel will be better and I plan on bringing a 4 pack so that will hopefully keep me occupied.

Traffic permitting I think you'll find this a far more pleasant experience. being taken straight to the gate with no queue to get in was the biggest plus for me. Very much a stress free start to the week.