Radio 1's Big Weekend 2016

Stuart1000

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Skier68 said:

Found the ticket pretty straight forward really. Got through twice, so got 4 tix for the Saturday. Yes I was sat 'queuing' for 20 minutes and the countdown was a bit up and down, but certainly a less stressful process than the frantic F5 finger needed for Glastonbury. I was in the 'rest of South West' category. Taking the kids for a first taste of a festival. Anyone been to an R1 Big Weekend before got any tips? At least getting the family tix for this, means I won't get as much grief as I usually get when I head off to Glastonbury without them!

I'd say there's a lot more of a safer, family friendly atmosphere at this festival than others. I suspect this is down to big acts being on early doors and people not having endless supplies of alcohol a short walk away back at a campsite. At the one in Glasgow I saw very little drunken behaviour or trouble actually. Maybe that's just because us Scots begrudge paying £5 for a pint...

Thanks Stuart1000. The kids are ultra-excited, and so nice to hear that its gonna have a family-friendly feel. Seeing as its only the £8.50 handling charge that you pay for the ticket, I won't begrudge paying a bit over the odds for the drinks

1 hour ago, Stuart1000 said:

I'd say there's a lot more of a safer, family friendly atmosphere at this festival than others. I suspect this is down to big acts being on early doors and people not having endless supplies of alcohol a short walk away back at a campsite. At the one in Glasgow I saw very little drunken behaviour or trouble actually. Maybe that's just because us Scots begrudge paying £5 for a pint...

There was a ruckus at the Foos last year, right down the front

32 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

They said at one point that both the tickets going on sale and the line up being announced would be March 21st, and then all that happened on March 21st was the ticket sale date being announced for April, so who knows.

I always saw March 21st as the ticket sale announcement when I was listening to the general announcement. 

21 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Noticed that Mumford and Sons, Rihanna, Tame Impala, The Last Shadow Puppets, Biffy Clyro, Jess Glynne, James Bay, ELO and Stereophonics all have appropriate gaps in their tours/festivals for Big Weekend.

Don't think Justin Bieber will do it as I think he's in Canada then.

Radio 1 wouldn't touch ELO with a barge pole, or Stereophonics these days, but the rest of them are pretty solid shouts. It surprised me Mumford and Sons didn't turn up last year, but with the very convenient tour dates, and with R1 insistently playlisting everything from Wilder Mind, they surely have to be a good bet to do it this time around instead.

4 hours ago, mcbain55 said:

Express and Echo website is saying full line up will be announced on Mon 18 April. 

They've been wrong before though 

Ahhhh, but saying that, when the ticket info got announced, this website and some others already posted the ticket info after midnight before the breakfast show, so it could be true.

6 hours ago, mcbain55 said:

Express and Echo website is saying full line up will be announced on Mon 18 April. 

They've been wrong before though 

Unofficial Mills saying this too

Seems weird that Scott's done it two years in a row, must surely be a coincidence rather than some issue with Grimshaw

4 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

Unofficial Mills saying this too

Seems weird that Scott's done it two years in a row, must surely be a coincidence rather than some issue with Grimshaw

That's weird, according to the R1 website Dermot O' Leary is meant to be on the breakfast (with Grimmy) show then.. 

Yes jess was always going to be a shoe in for it. But having listen to radio 1 for the last few weeks here are my predictions of who will be playing.

Muse will headline as well, Adele a special guest appearance playing a handful of songs for a Glastonbury warm up plus kings of Leon, alt J, Megan tranior, slaves, catfish, little mix, last shadow puppets and of course Annie Mac with Pete tong.