Radio 1's Big Weekend 2016

Stuart1000

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look on the R1 programme listing you can see the order the main stage acts are playing

Nick Jonas > Tom Odell > Meghan Trainor's > SIGMA (+ Take That) > Jake Bugg > Jess Glynne > Bastille > Chase and Status > Mumford and sons

Onerepublic > KYGO > Catfish & The Bottlemen > Years & Years > Iggy Azalea > The 1975 > Ellie Goulding > The Weeknd > Coldplay

5 hours ago, mcbain55 said:

What time will the 1st act come onto the stage? Is it 12noon or 1pm?  

Just planning what time train to catch 

It was 1pm in Glasgow in 2014 but you'll get a Radio 1 DJ playing from when the gates open until the first act starts anyway. Gates were due to open at 12pm both days but opened about 11am on the Saturday and not long after on the Sunday.

20 minutes ago, Stuart1000 said:

It was 1pm in Glasgow in 2014 but you'll get a Radio 1 DJ playing from when the gates open until the first act starts anyway.

Same in 2015. I'd say 'but obviously you need to get there when gates open if you want to be down the front for the first act' but I doubt competition for barrier will be that intense for Nick Jonas and OneRepublic :lol:

17 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

Has anyone ever had a guest pass for radio 1's big weekend? Looking forward to seeing who the surprise acts are!

I know one of them is Take That, another arrived in a massive tour bus on Wednesday holding up the traffic behind it - methinks they may have been a tad early

On 26/05/2016 at 1:13 PM, mcbain55 said:

What time will the 1st act come onto the stage? Is it 12noon or 1pm?  

Just planning what time train to catch 

I believe it's noon, the gates open at 11am this year, and it will finish at 10pm

3 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Adele is in Italy and Radiohead are ignored by Radio 1 these days but Muse are a good shout 

are Take That not ignored on Radio 1 too? (Sigma hit aside)

Edited by 5co77ie