Alternative to T

Cocky19

I'm not ruling out going to T this year line up dependant, however I have a wedding the Friday of T so would only manage Sat and/or Sun.

Anyone have experience or recommendations of other festivals to attend. Currently under consideration are Download (mainly Friday for Rammstein) or Rock Werchter (Rammstein plus a few other drawing me in) and/or Open'er in Poland.

Leeds is somewhere between T and Download in more ways than one :) I prefer both of them to T these days. Belladrum is a much smaller and more relaxed festival but still has great bands and I really love the vibe there. Brew at the Bog and Loopallu are much smaller but way better value for money and again you still you always seem to get some great bands. Kendal Calling seems to have the right balance and that's on my radar now. I'm going to try some stateside festivals next year and probably RW the year after. 

Thanks devilman, Actually thinking about Reading as my sister stays down that area .I did Belladrum last year with my two daughters, who loved it and want to attend this year. Like you said more relaxed and good vibe to it. 

Decided to scrap the Download plan as it was only the Friday I was planning on attending and going with RW. Fingers crossed Foals and Chvrches are added as they are the only bands from Open'er who aren't at RW.

I wouldn't be missing this year's Download for anything. Never mind the headliners and the finest show ever to grace a UK festival stage, Breaking Benjamin are playing. Having a UK ticket for them is like getting a Willy Wonka golden ticket :)