Muse

The Placid Casual

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Complaints were mostly regarding how deathly dull their first appearance had been and predicting that this one might not be much better.  Accurately, as it turned out.

I thoroughly enjoyed their 2013 performance. 2007 was too soon for them.

Edited by Hugh Jass

24 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Muse 2016 had no complaints as it was too dull a booking for anyone to complain about.

Did people complain about Stevie Wonder?

The Daily Mail was probably full of comments about it being a booking for the PC crowd. A minority AND disabled?

It's PC gone mad Stew. 

Edited by Hugh Jass

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Blur 09?

Massively popular band on their long awaited comeback, hadn't played the festival in over a decade.

Tbh how anybody with any real love of music could complain about any of 09's headliners is beyond me. Three huge coups for the festival all in one, even if Springsteen didn't quite end up delivering in the end

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Blur 09?

Massively popular band on their long awaited comeback, hadn't played the festival in over a decade.

People were moaning about the headliners being'too old' in 09. After spending the year before moaning about the headliners being 'too young'.

Edited by BlackHole2006

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Tbh how anybody with any real love of music could complain about any of 09's headliners is beyond me. Three huge coups for the festival all in one, even if Springsteen didn't quite end up delivering in the end

I could certainly imagine a fair amount of people only knowing Blur of those three. The other two are legendary acts and all but I don't believe they ever really hit the UK mainstream hard.

Neil Young might not be so much of a coup really - he had been booked to sub once before to be replaced by Kula Shaker!

3 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

2004 was a brilliant set - one of the best Glastonbury performances I've ever seen. Such a shame they've been so rubbish since, I have absolutely no interest in seeing them this year. 

Amazing performance at O2 recently. Played great mix of new and old. I will definitely be going to see them!

what gets me is that some people would love to see Stone Roses yet they have not released anything since the 90's (2 albums!! yes I know they are good albums but come on!!) yet these would be a great booking... but Muse who are more current with hell of a lot more albums under their belt are deemed a strange booking for the year :huh:

I think Coldplay are sh*t and Adele boring but I know a lot of folk like them so what's the problem? Glastonbury were always gonna go for safe after last's year's issue

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Does old Bellers still think the Queen is a lizard and all that? Or did he grow out of it? It's easy to forget that was a thing at one point.

I refer you to the track "The Queen Is A Great Big Lizard" on the new album.  

It's the one after "The Government Is Watching You (Like In George Orwell's 1984)".

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Blur 09?

I believe i'm this forum's resident Blur moaner.  Ghastly band.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

i won't vouch for the validity of my real love of music, but '09 was a shocker from my perspective.

49 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

what gets me is that some people would love to see Stone Roses yet they have not released anything since the 90's (2 albums!! yes I know they are good albums but come on!!) yet these would be a great booking... but Muse who are more current with hell of a lot more albums under their belt are deemed a strange booking for the year :huh:

I think Coldplay are sh*t and Adele boring but I know a lot of folk like them so what's the problem? Glastonbury were always gonna go for safe after last's year's issue

On your first point I think the reason many would have preferred to see Stone Roses over Muse this year is there's no getting away from the fact that Glastonbury finally booking the Stone Roses would be a proper milestone. Not to mention in the year when they may well be debuting new material at their live shows. Whereas Muse have headlined before and arguably (while still being 'current') haven't really evolved much since their last appearance.