Muse

The Placid Casual

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, ericlered said:

Roger Waters played second to last but I don't recall any of the official promotion of the event stating anything other than Rod Stewart headlining.

Correct.

I got hassled by Glasto who'd been hassled by Rod's people, cos (before any bands had been announced) I'd listed Waters as playing last based on nothing but me thinking he would.

I can't see the point in Muse doing BH&R in full (or any album, maybe Absolution ) at Glastonbury? Would be a weird choice and piss an awful lot of their hardcore fans off who don't have tickets.

Orchestra makes sense, I am sure there was a rumor in 2010 they would be doing that and then didn't :P Would make it slightly more different if they did headline to.

47 minutes ago, LondonTom said:

I can't see the point in Muse doing BH&R in full (or any album, maybe Absolution ) at Glastonbury? Would be a weird choice and piss an awful lot of their hardcore fans off who don't have tickets.

Orchestra makes sense, I am sure there was a rumor in 2010 they would be doing that and then didn't :P Would make it slightly more different if they did headline to.

Yep I definitely remember the orchestra rumours for 2010 cause I was mega excited about it. Think it may have been a large reason for me thinking the set was underwhelming actually - loads of rumours of orchestras and other shit and then we got a pretty standard as fuck set instead 

52 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

They could probably get the BBC Symphony Orchestra at a reduced rate for Glastonbury 

They couldn't get the BBC Symphony Orchestra tho.

I agree with anyone saying about the orchestra being part of a headline slot. As a band headlining for the third time, you'd want to make things a bit different.

• 2 weeks later...

Come ride with me
Through the veins of history
I'll show you a god who
Falls asleep on the job

And how can we win
When fools can be kings
Don't waste your time
Or time will waste you

No one's gonna take me alive
The time has come to make things right
You and I must fight for our rights
You and I must fight to survive

• 1 month later...

Went to see Muse last night and whilst I know not a great lot of love for them but gig was fantastic show, the visuals that they had were amazing they even had a bloody drone flying round the arena lol

see this video of the outro from The globalist to show how good it looked and a few pictures

Really looking forward to seeing these again in June :D

IMG_3575.JPG

IMG_3665.JPG

IMG_3638.JPG

For a band with so many great songs from their earlier albums and used to be so good live, their recent setlists make me angry, upset and confused.

Does anybody actually like their new stuff? Like .. Anybody at all?

If they played a proper setlist of their best work they would still be an excellent must see live act. 

Edited by st dan

41 minutes ago, st dan said:

For a band with so many great songs from their earlier albums and used to be so good live, their recent setlists make me angry, upset and confused.

Does anybody actually like their new stuff? Like .. Anybody at all?

If they played a proper setlist of their best work they would still be an excellent must see live act. 

Yeah people outside efests who actually pay to go and see them do, otherwise they would have sold zero albums and not accumulated new fans. New songs went down well last night and a few people I spoke too had not seen them before so they must be doing something right

Reapers, The handler, dead inside and the globalist are bloody fantastic live tbh

Edited by shoptildrop

12 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I went last night too and it was amazing. I knew i was going for a show/production and that's what it was. New stuff sounds incredible live too. 

I thought the combination of the visuals and the songs were fantastic, loved nothing but thieves too

Did they play all the songs I like, well no but that doesn't mean I didn't have a fantastic time :) personally the set they did at Manchester City ground a few years ago was the best Muse gig I've been too I was buzzing after that gig :D

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

I went last night too and it was amazing. I knew i was going for a show/production and that's what it was. New stuff sounds incredible live too. 

Again, whilst I have lamented my falling out of love with them quite a few years ago, I'm genuinely glad that they're still able to create one of the world's best rock/concert spectacles, and that they will bring a show worthy of a Pyramid headliner to the greatest festival in the world.

The more I think about it, the more I think that with:

Muse delivering a MASSIVE show with their ever-developing theatricals...

Adele having been secured, marking a double coup as the biggest female artist in the world finally breaks her festival über-show duck...

Coldplay who, whilst I may be indifferent to them, clearly adore the festival and will, I have no doubt, completely 'deliver' for those who like that kind of stuff...

...Glastonbury 2016 is lining up to be pretty bloody special. With that trio of headliners for the masses, and a first poster content that will make me a very happy bunny nowhere near the Pyramid, it's WIN-WIN!

:)

Ben

3 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Yeah people outside efests who actually pay to go and see them do, otherwise they would have sold zero albums and not accumulated new fans. New songs went down well last night and a few people I spoke too had not seen them before so they must be doing something right

Reapers, The handler, dead inside and the globalist are bloody fantastic live tbh

The Globalist was so boring, the other 5 Drones songs where fine though

Will probably still see them at Glastonbury but I'm not expecting too good a setlist, MOTP better still be in it though

Just come back from the Manchester gig. 

I am not really a fan but a mate offered me a free ticket - so I went

Really enjoyed it but I cannot see that show working at Glastonbury. 

The whole set up of the show is based around them being in the centre of the venue as is the visuals

i think the Glastonbury show will need to be a 'different' show to their arena tour

forgetting the fact it's not that long since they last headlined (the one and only time I have seen them live) I know what ever they do they will be spectacular on the pyramid stage and are worthy headliners. 

But I will be else where