Muse

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check your emails - I had a personal link just sent to me. Two standing tickets bought. Prices are horrific but it is for charity, and I've never seen Muse despite being a fan (obsessive when I was a bit younger). This is pretty much the ideal gig I'd want to see them play. Excited for this. 

20 hours ago, cdm22 said:

£90 for a standing ticket can eff right off! It was £50 for them in there a couple of years ago!

Hmm, ok, 4 years ago but still!

It's crazy but Muss doing a tiny gig like that always would be. I went Biffy at Shepherd's Bush 'Charity Gig' and paid over what I nornally would for that setting but Muse just aren't worth it anymore 

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

It's crazy but Muss doing a tiny gig like that always would be. I went Biffy at Shepherd's Bush 'Charity Gig' and paid over what I nornally would for that setting but Muse just aren't worth it anymore 

Yeah but Biffy was about £55. Last time I saw Muse at Shepherds bush it was about £58. This is quite a price hike!

Interesting reviewing back on this thread. Absolutely no chatter about the Pyramid headline slot last year. Did people think it was awesome/ok/dull. I am in the middle tier, I should have quit after seeing them play Origins in full at Reading in 2012.

Just now, reflekting said:

Interesting reviewing back on this thread. Absolutely no chatter about the Pyramid headline slot last year. Did people think it was awesome/ok/dull. I am in the middle tier, I should have quit after seeing them play Origins in full at Reading in 2012.

I just think it was average, standard festival setlist. Underwhelming is the word I'd use

21 minutes ago, reflekting said:

I can't remember a thing about it, and I don't mean that in a fun "oh I so wasted" way. It just left absolutely no impression on me.

2 hours ago, reflekting said:

It was a lot better than 2010, but no where near as good as when I saw them at Reading 2006, or at their own shows in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

It was a lot better than 2010, but no where near as good as when I saw them at Reading 2006, or at their own shows in my opinion.

2010 was so crap. Limp, lifeless, dull set. Says a lot when the Edge coming out for a U2 cover is far and away the best bit of the show.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

2010 was so crap. Limp, lifeless, dull set. Says a lot when the Edge coming out for a U2 cover is far and away the best bit of the show.

It was my first Glastonbury, if I could relive that year I would have walked away from them and Gorillaz (who I both like but where bombing in my opinion) yet stayed for the whole set and can't think why. Gorillaz where good but from what I remember just got the flow and pacing all wrong

3 hours ago, evilduck said:

Yeah but Biffy was about £55. Last time I saw Muse at Shepherds bush it was about £58. This is quite a price hike!

Yep. £50 + fees last time for standing, £85 + fees this time, so a 70% increase!

If just increasing the price by inflation the ticket price would have been £54!

Glasto was my 10th time seeing them, and came away feeling pretty underwhelmed. It was such a predictable and by the numbers performance. Didn't help that it was essentially a stripped back version of their arena tour that year.

However my mate (not particularly a fan) saw them for the first time and was very impressed.

Also, 10 years since the first Wembley shows. Now THAT was a gig.

50 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

Glasto was my 10th time seeing them, and came away feeling pretty underwhelmed. It was such a predictable and by the numbers performance. Didn't help that it was essentially a stripped back version of their arena tour that year.

However my mate (not particularly a fan) saw them for the first time and was very impressed.

I think this is the key thing. If you haven't seen them before, they were great.

If you have seen them before, it's basically the same thing as what they've been doing for 10 years just with the added recent (not so good) songs and loss of some great older songs.

They've gone very stale just playing 'the hits' and a few new songs and they need a big wake up call to bring back that energy they had for Glastonbury 2004 etc.

Also, Matt seems terrified that people at gigs don't react to some rarities, like Dead Star at Download (which seemed to be a great show), and then will refuse to play them at other shows, even small shows, such as their show at Electric Ballroom a few months later.

I could continue with a rant about the amount of pre-recorded bits (New Kind of Kick wtf) but I'll stop myself so I don't bore everyone.

Edited by aidenlangan95

Got tickets to see them next month for the by request show due to the fact I think the set list will be epic but I think aidenlangan95 nailed it with his comment "if you haven't seen them they are epic but if you have it's the same show" although after 20 times live I still enjoy them.

Only time I've been disappointed was at the O2 on the last tour and that I think was only due to the fact I had seated tickets in the gods.

I will say though I used to go see them on multiple London dates on each tour but now I only go to 1 date as they don't switch the set list up enough to justify going to say all 3 shows.