Muse

Gucci Piggy

Matt42 appears to have tried to destroy the inevitable Muse thread with his abomination of a version, but here is the essential Muse @ Glastonbury 2016 thread.

Use this thread to discuss whatever you wish relating to their booking and the show we all can't wait to see in June.

Our saviours of Glastonbury 2016.

BRING

ON

THE

DRONES

main4.jpg

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfectly happy with them headlining Glastonbury provided they bring these super awesome flying multicoloured glowing balls of fun and amusement. (38.33 if it doesn't start then)

A few points

1) I generally think this is the future for production for large scale shows. Whack some sick lazers on them balls of glory and bring em out for the inevitable Chem Brothers set in 2019 and we've got ourselves a winner

2) I'm really confused as to how his mother, father, brother, sister, son and daughter were all killed by those orbs of joy. They look too cute.

3) Can we have a Joy Orbison set with those orbs of joy flying around?

4) I really, really like the fucking flying balls

Edited by jonodillieono

8 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

2) I'm really confused as to how his mother, father, brother, sister, son and daughter were all killed by those orbs of joy. They look too cute.

That's the trouble. They draw you in with their cuteness and then BAM - we've all been killed by Drones.

Glastonbury 2016 is going to be a massacre.

Well whilst I would like someone else to play as I will be seeing Muse in April, I would be very happy to see them again at Glastonbury as the last stadium tour (and the recent intimate gigs) we superb live and I really enjoyed both gigs :):):)

Reapers and Psycho are fantastic live and I do seem to be in the minority in liking their 2nd Law album...But hell yeah bring on the Muussssseeee!!!

8 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Well whilst I would like someone else to play as I will be seeing Muse in April, I would be very happy to see them again at Glastonbury as the last stadium tour (and the recent intimate gigs) we superb live and I really enjoyed both gigs :):):)

Reapers and Psycho are fantastic live and I do seem to be in the minority in liking their 2nd Law album...But hell yeah bring on the Muussssseeee!!!

April and June are going to be the best months of 2016. We just have to believe.

We got strength

We got soul

We're not afraid

We're not a drone

2 minutes ago, ericlered said:

You already have.

Hmm I have to say I enjoyed the 2004 set, but was bored rigid the last time they headlined.

No amount of lazer gizmo's can make up for the lack of quality.

yeah i thought their 2010 set was pretty damn average. was the nail in the coffin for me being a huge fan of Muse and the start of me being more of a casual fan

2 minutes ago, LondonTom said:

But you have still seen them every tour since :P

as tempting as hearing The 2nd Law almost in it's entirety was back when they were touring it, unfortunately that was the last time i saw them live

not gonna lie, if they headline Glastonbury, there'll will be a part of me that really wants to go see them, even if just for the encore of KOC. it'd be getting through the other half set of awfulness that would be a challenge

nice to see a positive thread for those who like Muse, as they've been pretty much abused on the other threads...

haven't been much into their records, but have complete respect for them as a live act. i missed the 2004 set (mistake) but i can't fathom how some can't say that was an amazing set even after watching it on the playback. The Stockholm Syndrome finale was just one of the best endings of a gig period, especially for a headline booking that was ridiculed at the time. I went to see them for their 2010 headline and thought they did well, even if some of the material at that time wasn't really to my liking. but still a fantastic set, if not up to the lore of '04

having said that though, i haven't particularly been into their material for over a decade now, haven't fancied seeing them since 2010 and probably wouldn't catch them as headliners this time around. but if they were on midday somewhere as a surprise i wouldn't miss them. they'd be so good w/o the gadgets and posing. put them on a crowded stage (like Lady GaGa in that club in SE corner in '09) with a few amps and that would be the perfect gig for them to play at Glasto...even John Peel stage...it's just a shame that they've become such a stadium band, that everything they do screams stadiums, big arenas...they don't have to be a gimmick band....sort of like some of us writing years ago about how U2 needing to go back to a cloth Joshua Tree backdrop and just play

I particularly liked this Queen cover they did in 2010....

39 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

nice to see a positive thread for those who like Muse, as they've been pretty much abused on the other threads...

haven't been much into their records, but have complete respect for them as a live act. i missed the 2004 set (mistake) but i can't fathom how some can't say that was an amazing set even after watching it on the playback. The Stockholm Syndrome finale was just one of the best endings of a gig period, especially for a headline booking that was ridiculed at the time. I went to see them for their 2010 headline and thought they did well, even if some of the material at that time wasn't really to my liking. but still a fantastic set, if not up to the lore of '04

having said that though, i haven't particularly been into their material for over a decade now, haven't fancied seeing them since 2010 and probably wouldn't catch them as headliners this time around. but if they were on midday somewhere as a surprise i wouldn't miss them. they'd be so good w/o the gadgets and posing. put them on a crowded stage (like Lady GaGa in that club in SE corner in '09) with a few amps and that would be the perfect gig for them to play at Glasto...even John Peel stage...it's just a shame that they've become such a stadium band, that everything they do screams stadiums, big arenas...they don't have to be a gimmick band....sort of like some of us writing years ago about how U2 needing to go back to a cloth Joshua Tree backdrop and just play

I particularly liked this Queen cover they did in 2010....

Agreed. The intimate Psycho tour last year was unreal.

11 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

as tempting as hearing The 2nd Law almost in it's entirety was back when they were touring it, unfortunately that was the last time i saw them live

not gonna lie, if they headline Glastonbury, there'll will be a part of me that really wants to go see them, even if just for the encore of KOC. it'd be getting through the other half set of awfulness that would be a challenge

Very sorry Floorfiller! I got confused and thought that post was fanboy @Will-2609!

For what its worth, I thought The 2nd Law arena tour was actually very good, and those songs worked a lot better in the live setting and what they tried to do with their set. (I have reservations about the Drones tour so far, so shall see if its a waste of money and how excited I can be for Glastonbury...but I always like seeing one Pyramid headliner and if its Coldplay, Adele, Muse, well it has to be Muse for me :P)