David Bowie Tribute Sing a Long

Platt073

42 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Surprised at the negativity for this idea. I think the initial tweeter was struggling to think of a way to commemorate Bowie at the festival. Sounds similar to the well received Brixton tribute.

Personally I'm in favour of the 2000 replay on the pyramid screen, I think that would be a marvellous tribute and better than some unaccompanied karaoke. 

From what I saw it was a bunch of people badly singing the chorus to Rebel Rebel and Heroes before mumbling their way through the rest of the song, all whilst mugging up for the TV crews.

TBH, I'm never that keen on these public displays of remembrance. Always feels stage managed and they never really work and I never quite get the point of them.

Surely a better way to commemorate Bowie (if you're inclined to do so) would be to do something in the spirit of Bowie, an artist that often made his own path and challenged what was the 'norm' at the time. Take yourself to a stage you perhaps wouldn't normally visit, go see a band you've never heard of, do something that challenges you, takes you out of your comfort zone. Frankly anything other than standing in a field, mumbling Bowie lyrics.

who picks the songs I ask can we have:

My Death

Slow Burn

Bring Me The Disco King

Bleed Like a Craze Dad

Subterraneans

Thru' These Architects' Eyes

Fall Dogs Bomb The Moon

I Can't Give Everything Away

rather than the boring every days ones - a crowd of thousands singing Bleed Like a Craze Dad would be epic

Actually if they were singing Bring Me The Disco King - I'd leave the cider bus to sing it and probably dance too

Edited by 5co77ie

13 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

My Death

Slow Burn

Bring Me The Disco King

Bleed Like a Craze Dad

Subterraneans

Fall Dogs Bomb The Moon

rather than the boring every days ones - a crowd of thousands singing Bleed Like a Craze Dad would be epic

Actually if they were singing Bring Me The Disco King - I'd leave the cider bus to sing it and probably dance too

Shockingly sounds a lot like Ian Brown.  That's not an influence I saw coming - David Bowie soundtrack influences Stone Roses solo album??  Am I missing a common influence to them both?

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Shockingly sounds a lot like Ian Brown.  That's not an influence I saw coming - David Bowie soundtrack influences Stone Roses solo album??  Am I missing a common influence to them both?

you may notice a theme to my selection of 'memorial' tracks, see Nal's post above

Edited by 5co77ie

58 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

so with it all fenced off in front of the main stage until the Friday which bit of the field will this be in? - just assemble around the geeky looking middle aged guy squeezed into a lycra Bowie costume with a lightning flash and wig combo.

As a Bowie fan I can't get my head around wanting to hang out with fellow fans and sing some songs, it's not really my....

DAVID_BOWIE_Ziggy_Stardust_vintage_9hVTw

Can't see you in lycra either 

26 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

My Death

Slow Burn

Bring Me The Disco King

Bleed Like a Craze Dad

Subterraneans

Fall Dogs Bomb The Moon

100,000 strong Little Wonder rave-off.

i dont mind a good old mass singalong ,enjoy it up at stonebridge on thursday night for baggy mondays,

as for a bowie one im not so sure ,maybe stone circle would be a good a place as any , but to be honest there will be many stalls /smaller stages doing something and i will be quite happy stumbling upon one over the weekend and listening to a few tunes .