David Bowie Tribute Sing a Long

Platt073

6 minutes ago, Platt073 said:

I see in the news today a fan wants to do a Bowie sing a long tribute Wednesday Eve on Pyramid?

GREAT PLAN!

Source NME.com

because a bunch of randoms will do the songs more justice than hearing Bowie's versions would? :P

I've gotta say i just don't get this sort of thing. The only thing that seems to make sense is "look at me, look at me-me-me".

24 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

because a bunch of randoms will do the songs more justice than hearing Bowie's versions would? :P

I've gotta say i just don't get this sort of thing. The only thing that seems to make sense is "look at me, look at me-me-me".

Common place now these days: 'look at me' I've brought a flag, 'look at me' I'm letting off a flair, 'look at me' I'm abit crazy (uploads video to facebook), 'look at me' pouts face (straight on instagram).

5 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

That Twas me. Don't think it will happen

I few of us sent one.  I even abused SecretGlasto to get more traction.  I don't think it'll happen either, but I expect the festival to do something, even if not on the Pyramid.

How are you holding up Dee?  Today is my first Bowie music free day so far.  I'll probably stick a few on this afternoon.  I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact he's gone.  Hell of a shock though.

1 hour ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I would assume there will probably be somewhere on site that will do a Bowie tribute slot at some point on the Wednesday or Thursday, that would be infinitely better IMO. His music will be all over the site. 

Williams Green sometimes shows films - perhaps they could do an afternoon/evening where they show Labyrinth, some documentaries, some live sets etc. Or at the very least the Pilton Palais should show Labyrinth!

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I few of us sent one.  I even abused SecretGlasto to get more traction.  I don't think it'll happen either, but I expect the festival to do something, even if not on the Pyramid.

How are you holding up Dee?  Today is my first Bowie music free day so far.  I'll probably stick a few on this afternoon.  I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact he's gone.  Hell of a shock though.

I'm listening to the 6 music GF Bowie tribute that Splodge kindly burnt for me. Haven't had a Bowie free day as yet. 

Surprised at the negativity for this idea. I think the initial tweeter was struggling to think of a way to commemorate Bowie at the festival. Sounds similar to the well received Brixton tribute.

Personally I'm in favour of the 2000 replay on the pyramid screen, I think that would be a marvellous tribute and better than some unaccompanied karaoke. 

1 hour ago, Yokel Again said:

Common place now these days: 'look at me' I've brought a flag, 'look at me' I'm letting off a flair, 'look at me' I'm abit crazy (uploads video to facebook), 'look at me' pouts face (straight on instagram).

God I hate all those people having fun around me, shame on them. 

11 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Surprised at the negativity for this idea. I think the initial tweeter was struggling to think of a way to commemorate Bowie at the festival. Sounds similar to the well received Brixton tribute.

That was, tho, totally spontaneous (initially ;)). It was also on the day (in the UK) that he died.

By the time Glastonbury comes round it it will be something that will have happened 5 months previously, and any of the emotion that might have driven the idea in the first place will be long gone.

I'm even struggling with the idea of the festival doing anything much beyond putting on a film of his 2000 show, for much the same reasons.

But hey, maybe it's just me. :)

2 hours ago, Platt073 said:

I see in the news today a fan wants to do a Bowie sing a long tribute Wednesday Eve on Pyramid?

GREAT PLAN!

Source NME.com

so with it all fenced off in front of the main stage until the Friday which bit of the field will this be in? - just assemble around the geeky looking middle aged guy squeezed into a lycra Bowie costume with a lightning flash and wig combo.

As a Bowie fan I can't get my head around wanting to hang out with fellow fans and sing some songs, it's not really my....

DAVID_BOWIE_Ziggy_Stardust_vintage_9hVTw

7 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

so with it all fenced off in front of the main stage until the Friday which bit of the field will this be in? - just assemble around the geeky looking middle aged guy squeezed into a lycra Bowie costume with a lightning flash and wig combo.

As a Bowie fan I can't get my head around wanting to hang out with fellow fans and sing some songs, it's not really my....

DAVID_BOWIE_Ziggy_Stardust_vintage_9hVTw

Yes I wondered myself the same thing as the pyramid is not usually ready.  A nice thought though, very fitting!

2 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

Put the 2000 set on at the Cinema Tent (I think someone else suggested this, but it sounds appropriate) I agree with our noble leader that by June the raw emotion will have faded (and who knows who else may have had a visit from the Grim Reaper in that time?)

Think you might need a bigger tent. Not all going to fit