Who's on Recycling Crew / Litter Picking this year?

dondo

After couple of year's off from litter picking I has applied again- this will be my 5th year doing so will be getting veteran status

Anyone else working this year?

Still umming and ahhing over which team to go for- leaning towards tractor crew

Haven't heard from the charity I worked for last year yet but am hoping very much that I do - will be dropping them a line shortly if not. If I can't work through them I might apply directly. Didn't get a ticket in October as I'd prefer to work, for both financial and 'giving something back' reasons - after 10 years as a punter I don't mind doing some graft for my ticket! 

46 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Haven't heard from the charity I worked for last year yet but am hoping very much that I do - will be dropping them a line shortly if not. If I can't work through them I might apply directly. Didn't get a ticket in October as I'd prefer to work, for both financial and 'giving something back' reasons - after 10 years as a punter I don't mind doing some graft for my ticket! 

Yes, know what you mean- initially when I worked in 2005 it was as an alternative due to not getting a ticket but the other times it has been driven by being an affordable way to go and felt like was doing some good

i got 4 friends who work for fiona who are working again ........ive met people that get work litterpicking and dont do the work

A its a fuck up for others and

B you get black listed from all other Volinter jobs

not saying any one is gonna do that but thought id say it

On 23/01/2016 at 9:33 PM, guypjfreak said:

i got 4 friends who work for fiona who are working again ........ive met people that get work litterpicking and dont do the work

A its a fuck up for others and

B you get black listed from all other Volinter jobs

not saying any one is gonna do that but thought id say it

Don't get me started on how very, very cross that makes me. People not turning up at all, and people turning up, late, or not pulling their weight. Ugh. 

14 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Don't get me started on how very, very cross that makes me. People not turning up at all, and people turning up, late, or not pulling their weight. Ugh. 

Absolutely agree- irks me no end.  I wish folk that did that got blacklisted from festival tickets full stop!  There was a thread on here a few years back when someone was going on about not doing their shifts and made me very angry- probably the most riled I have got/posted about in all my years on efestivals!

21 minutes ago, dondo said:

Absolutely agree- irks me no end.  I wish folk that did that got blacklisted from festival tickets full stop!  There was a thread on here a few years back when someone was going on about not doing their shifts and made me very angry- probably the most riled I have got/posted about in all my years on efestivals!

When I was litter picking in 2014, our team leader claimed that anyone who didn't turn up for their shifts would indeed be blocked from getting tickets again. Not sure if that actually happens, or if he was simply trying to motivate everyone there to stick with it for the duration, but I'd certainly ban them if it was up to me. 

5 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

When I was litter picking in 2014, our team leader claimed that anyone who didn't turn up for their shifts would indeed be blocked from getting tickets again. Not sure if that actually happens, or if he was simply trying to motivate everyone there to stick with it for the duration, but I'd certainly ban them if it was up to me. 

Yes- our team leader said that in 2010 but I had been told since then that it was only a working/volunteering ban- but with names and addresses and photos on all tickets you'd think it would be easy to potentially make it a blanket ban

3 minutes ago, dondo said:

Yes- our team leader said that in 2010 but I had been told since then that it was only a working/volunteering ban- but with names and addresses and photos on all tickets you'd think it would be easy to potentially make it a blanket ban

I guess it could involve a fair bit of work cross-referencing it to prevent them even attending again, so maybe they concentrate efforts on just stopping them getting a working post. Personally, I'd like it to be possible for 'offenders' to be tracked down and ejected from the festival. If they did that for one year, I bet the number of people not doing their shifts would be tiny the next year!

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

I guess it could involve a fair bit of work cross-referencing it to prevent them even attending again, so maybe they concentrate efforts on just stopping them getting a working post. Personally, I'd like it to be possible for 'offenders' to be tracked down and ejected from the festival. If they did that for one year, I bet the number of people not doing their shifts would be tiny the next year!

no i dont think it would be that hard old son tis all on a screen nowadays ...even if you think of all the numbers invoved if there all on a volunteer list al across the board oxfam ,litterpickin ect all they have to do is type name in wait for these computer hings to do there work and hey presto ian fuckwit is wiped off all the lists .........cos dont forget some people will put there names down on more than one volunteer list .......

54 minutes ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

They would have had me to answer to if your name wasn't on the list again Becky! 

Cheers! I worked my ar... bottom off last year (and got a lovely suntan to boot ;) ) Taking Mr Pie with me this year too, so he can experience the joy and quiet of the site at 5.30am, and see if he can beat 'weird litter of the week'. The weirdest thing I found was a half-eaten packet of quinoa, but apparently Glastonbury hasn't gone middle class :D

Assume you've got tickets Jim?

1 hour ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Sorry boys and girls, but please indulge me for a minute. Have heard from the charity I work for, and it looks like I'm sorted for a place. Thank FUCK for that.

WOO-HOOOOOOO!!!!!

Good on you, I remember that feeling a couple of years back! :) 

2 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Cheers! I worked my ar... bottom off last year (and got a lovely suntan to boot ;) ) Taking Mr Pie with me this year too, so he can experience the joy and quiet of the site at 5.30am, and see if he can beat 'weird litter of the week'. The weirdest thing I found was a half-eaten packet of quinoa, but apparently Glastonbury hasn't gone middle class :D

Assume you've got tickets Jim?

We did. After convincing ourselves that we were going to have a couple of years off, the temptation became unbearable in the final hours before T Day and we changed our minds. Haven't regretted it it the slightest! 

9 hours ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

We did. After convincing ourselves that we were going to have a couple of years off, the temptation became unbearable in the final hours before T Day and we changed our minds. Haven't regretted it it the slightest! 

Excellent news. It's going to be a great Festival this year, what with the Hottest Summer EverTM being forecast (by the Daily Express, admittedly... ;) )

• 2 months later...

Just had confirmation that I am in the before festival team so will be working Monday to Thursday so very happy about that.

Means a fairly hectic build up.  Stone Roses on Saturday, drive down Sunday, start work Monday!

23 minutes ago, dondo said:

Just had confirmation that I am in the before festival team so will be working Monday to Thursday so very happy about that.

Means a fairly hectic build up.  Stone Roses on Saturday, drive down Sunday, start work Monday!

Nice one. Hoping my shifts letter comes soon as I can't really relax till it's in my hand!

1 minute ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Nice one. Hoping my shifts letter comes soon as I can't really relax till it's in my hand!

Will be strange being at Glastonbury for about a week as well as strange being away from my wife and kids for that length of time as never spent more than a few days away from them previously.  But no more 6am starts :-) and be good to see how the site prepares before the gates open.