What advice would you give for first timers?

Chris Lfc

9 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You find witnessing the sudden deterioration of a relationship 'quite amusing' ?

Possibly the wrong choice of words....In some cases it's fucking hilarious! One girl last year really lost it with her bf because he'd taken the executive decision to opt for brown sauce on a bacon bap rather than ketchup. Understandable I know but it was funny.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, GrowlerPhil said:

Possibly the wrong choice of words....In some cases it's fucking hilarious! One girl last year really lost it with her bf because he'd taken the executive decision to opt for brown sauce on a bacon bap rather than ketchup. Understandable I know but it was funny.

If he'd bought a bacon bap for himself too (and possibly did) then he could have put tomato ketchup on one, brown sauce on the other, and then given her the choice. Something tells me she was always going to kick off about a triffling matter though. Personally I've never witnessed anybody's relationship deteriorating at Glastonbury. Possibly because it's my own mind that's doing the deteriorating.

For easy mid-band, in-crowd bifta construction during rain, wear your backpack on your front. Align the double backback zip so that both meet at the centre top. Ensure a packet of babywipes are on the top off the stuff in your backpack and construction materials are also to hand in backpack. Also ensure the babywipes are bottom up, so that the sticky cover / seal doesn't interfere with the rizla(s). Adjust concavity of babywipe pack to suit. With hood up and head bent over the top of the backpack, the rolling zone is kept dry for rizla adjoinment, weed / hash / tabacco insertion. Roll with both hands in the top of the backpack. Almost lean into the top of back to complete bifta sealing procedure. Zip up and enjoy.

Edit: Pre-rolling beforehand or in the tent before setting off could have you looking like my profile pic due to lack of self-control.

Edited by Woffy

31 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

As a caravanner I've sat at festivals having already set my van up and watched couples arriving.  They get their van level and then begin the process of putting up the awning.  It's then that you wait for 'the domestic' to begin. Usually withing a few minutes one is shouting at the other to hold a pole a particular way or support a bit of the awning.

Couples trying to put up elaborate tents often brings out the same.  So be gentle with your partners at erection time.  Come to think of it, that's not bad advice for the rest of the fest.

Thats not just restricted to couples. 

From the moment you arrive until you get your gear in get your tent up etc. is the ultimate test on friendships and relationships alike. Your physically and mentally drained ......until you hear the sweet sweet crack of  that 1st tin of cider have a seat and then its all downhill from there :D

Save an empty hand sanitiser bottle (before the festival) and then fill it with hand soap and keep it in your bag. 

Someone I met at one of the long-drop sinks last year had done this and shared their soap with me... Washing my hands properly with proper hand soap after four days of just water and/or antibac was amazing!

6 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

Save an empty hand sanitiser bottle (before the festival) and then fill it with hand soap and keep it in your bag. 

Someone I met at one of the long-drop sinks last year had done this and shared their soap with me... Washing my hands properly with proper hand soap after four days of just water and/or antibac was amazing!

Doing this as well. Its the little luxuries in life I tells ya. Thanks. :D

4 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Doing this as well. Its the little luxuries in life I tells ya. Thanks. :D

It really is. Me and my husband have just been reminiscing about that glorious hand wash moment, it really was the cleanest I felt all weekend!

8 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

It really is. Me and my husband have just been reminiscing about that glorious hand wash moment, it really was the cleanest I felt all weekend!

I can already feel the difference it will make to my weekend. I have to wash my hands constantly at home (in a non OCD way) cos I hate them feeling clammy. So this is a proper gem of a tip for me. Wee flannel for drying hands and good to go. 

4 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I can already feel the difference it will make to my weekend. I have to wash my hands constantly at home (in a non OCD way) cos I hate them feeling clammy. So this is a proper gem of a tip for me. Wee flannel for drying hands and good to go. 

I am the same, I'm a very frequent hand washer! Flannel is an excellent idea! I'm gonna have a little hand washing kit at this rate!!

3 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

I am the same, I'm a very frequent hand washer! Flannel is an excellent idea! I'm gonna have a little hand washing kit at this rate!!

Hahaha, can just see us bumping into each other at the taps. Is that you Joballs? Lol

3 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Book in for the Sunday Roast at Rocket Lounge.

Sssshhhhhhhhh FFS!!! It took long enough to get our roast last year. 

Nothing to see here, roast didn't exist. It was not delicious and the highlight of my weekend. Dont listen to the maniac. Roast at Glastonbury. Purlease. What larks. Ahem

On 05/02/2016 at 7:09 PM, Woffy said:

For easy mid-band, in-crowd bifta construction during rain, wear your backpack on your front. Align the double backback zip so that both meet at the centre top. Ensure a packet of babywipes are on the top off the stuff in your backpack and construction materials are also to hand in backpack. Also ensure the babywipes are bottom up, so that the sticky cover / seal doesn't interfere with the rizla(s). Adjust concavity of babywipe pack to suit. With hood up and head bent over the top of the backpack, the rolling zone is kept dry for rizla adjoinment, weed / hash / tabacco insertion. Roll with both hands in the top of the backpack. Almost lean into the top of back to complete bifta sealing procedure. Zip up and enjoy.

Edit: Pre-rolling beforehand or in the tent before setting off could have you looking like my profile pic due to lack of self-control.

I bought a pack of these test tubes from eBay about 4 years ago. Down to my last one!

Roll 5 or 6 in the morning chilling at your tent, and slip straight into your bag.

They're also perfect down the side of wellies and socks at non glastonbury festivals and gigs.

12669968_10153745319260358_29958783_o.jpg

On 05/02/2016 at 6:32 PM, GrowlerPhil said:

If you're under 20 and going to Glastonbury with your partner think long and hard whether your relationship will stand the test. I've found it quite amusing over the last few years that by Sunday those fledgling relationships look on to be on very dodgy ground. Some in fact look like they want to tear out each others hearts. Glastonbury is after all a test of endurance that some people have trouble coping with ;)

Excellent point. To the same extent, I'm sure I am not the only one who has a relationship and many friendships that have lasted the test of time because in our youth Glastonbury proved to each other we have excellent strength of character in the face of adveristy.

On 5 February 2016 at 9:09 PM, JoBalls said:

Couldn't you just take a bottle of hand soap, that's what I did

Edited by Wow-wys-buzzing
missed a word out

15 minutes ago, Wow-wys-buzzing said:

Couldn't you just take a bottle of hand soap, that's what I did

You could, if you were willing to carry it around all day. Personally I like to decant into a smaller bottle so that I can maximise the amount of space I have in my bag for alcoholic beverages.

22 minutes ago, Wow-wys-buzzing said:

http://www.firebox.com/product/7065/Big-Big-Body-Wipes

Will definitely be getting some of these for next year, look just the job! 

p7065_column_grid_12.jpg

I bought two of these for a Glastonbury not so long ago. Waste of money if you ask me. You'll get the same surface area as a pack of £1 wipes from Poundland.