What advice would you give for first timers?

Chris Lfc

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Bollocks to this wristband arm tip.  I've done both, never made a difference.  What the fuck are you all doing?  Wiping your arse with your wristband instead of bog roll/ travel tissues/ baby wipes?

I'm glad someone has said this, I've been wondering for a while now why this is an issue, I was starting to think I was weird with my wiping technique, I don't know how people of ending up with their tassels all up in their mess

I'm also a newbie, this year will be my first GF having tried IOW last year with the Mrs, as our first festival so this thread is perfect to read. I have been reading the other topics which has kept me amused, thanks for that. So I know about the wristband, not really an issue but just precautionary I think. I'm aware the site is huge and so lots of walking all prepared for that. Whats the general consensus about staying out all day? We intend to just wander taking in some specific bands etc but take stuff for the day including warm clothing for the evening. Would we be best using the lockups as we go and if weather permitting take a snooze (For her not me) like on the hill? I think being out from noon through to the late early hours may be a bit much for her at least although we want to fully sample all the delights from the naughty corner. We are around 50's but still love to party, where are the good places for late night/morning action? What happens up the hill/stone circle at night/morning? 

But while we're talking about lock-ups... Use the lock-ups. Even if it's just to store your keys to the car, but preferably for anything that's of value. 

It could make the difference between a stellar festival and a total and utter nightmare experience. 

Don't spend the entire weekend going back to the same place at night. Whilst Arcadia and Shangri - La are amazing in terms of the spectacle and line up you're getting, there are loads of other places to go to at night that are equally as decent. There is a thread on here suggesting all the different places to go at night but i can't find it.

27 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Don't spend the entire weekend going back to the same place at night. Whilst Arcadia and Shangri - La are amazing in terms of the spectacle and line up you're getting, there are loads of other places to go to at night that are equally as decent. There is a thread on here suggesting all the different places to go at night but i can't find it.

I accidentally end up in The Back of Beyond all the time and I dunno why or how. No matter where I plan to be, I end up there.

1 hour ago, sloseph said:

I'm glad someone has said this, I've been wondering for a while now why this is an issue, I was starting to think I was weird with my wiping technique, I don't know how people of ending up with their tassels all up in their mess

It's not so much your own erm... mess as it flapping about around the toilet seat whilst heading in that direction. You may wash your hands, use the gel etc. but you're not putting your wristband through the washing machine each day. You could easily start breeding germs on it, then start fiddling with it later in the day.

Still.. probably unlikely but it's a traditional one to call out.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Can't agree with that - travel tissues are far far more convenient.  Bog roll (whether free or not) is much too easy to get dirty and wet and is too bulky.

Depends on how cheap you are and how much you need to use.

The two of us went through about a roll a day last year, most of which was spent mopping up piss/rain/god-knows-what off toilet seats. To hell with carrying all that in, even in travel tissue form. I carry a bag round all day anyway and once you squash it isn't too bulky.

4 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Anyone else who can't read this thread without vocalising it to 'Everybody Needs to Wear Sunscreen'? 

That's a bloody good point. Use sunscreen. You may think the sun isn't too hot, but if you're used to sitting in an office all day, then you're going to be exposed to exposed to far more UV than normal. I'm pretty keen on this one; being alcohol based, it's refreshing.

10487835-1364225314-402417.jpg

3 hours ago, justperfect said:

Longdrops beat portoloo's everytime

100% I thought it would be porter loos when I went and was glad it was longdrops, means your not in a box of shit!! (just on top of a pool of it) 

Edited by Wow-wys-buzzing