Camper Van Ticket

bimblebee

As Neil says there may be more as they get returned between now and the resale...but given the amount that have been returned to date I'd guess they will be as rare as hen's teeth.

Off site alternatives for campervans are few and far between...and if you do find somewhere its going to be a lonnnng walk in/out every day.

10 minutes ago, JayP1983 said:

What's the best option then having never been? Buy a good tent and camp in the site?

if I did get offsite campervan sites could we still go to the entertainment at night? Arcadia etc?

Camping in a tent is the best option.

If you did find somewhere offsite you wouldn't have any problem going in and out of the site at any time of day or night, but you'd be likely to be a fair distance away from the gates with a long long walk.

10 minutes ago, stuwilky said:

Ashcommbe Park is probably one of the closest off site places - Ive never stayed there so this isnt a recommendation, and Ive no idea of the price - but saw lots of discussions in the last few years campervan threads :-)

Ashcombe Park can be reached on www.ashcombepark.com or  07762 34975.  They appear to charge £60 for a camper pitch and the walk is about 800m.

Ashcombe Farm is next door and can be reach at www.ashcombefarmcaravanandcamping.co.uk or 01749 890153.  Their site appears to be fully booked for the Festival weekend.

Note that both of these used to run shuttles between their site and the Festival but they may have got canned last year and you now have to walk....best to check when you call.

Edited by parsonjack

If the campervan option doesn't work for you and you don't want t buy a tent, Worthy view still have a couple of the larger tents available.  Tangerine fields have some of the ridiculously expensive (in my view) "luxury" options available, (I can't find a way to check camplight unfortunately - their website seems to be down for some reason so I guess they might not be there is year but honestly don't have a clue about that.). WV and TF wouldn't be much further to walk than the campervan fields would be.  Camplight (if it still exists) is on site.  Good luck.   

Edited by mandolin

On 1 April 2016 at 10:51 AM, eFestivals said:

Camping in a tent is the best option.

If you did find somewhere offsite you wouldn't have any problem going in and out of the site at any time of day or night, but you'd be likely to be a fair distance away from the gates with a long long walk.

Thanks for your help. Have managed to get offsite parking for the campervan. Looking forward to our first Glastonbury!

When the campervan tickets went on sale in October I managed to bag one for me , my cousin then sent me and my other cousin (his Brother) a message saying he couldn't get through to buy one. so me and my cousin tried and got through and ended up buying 2 so we have spare for sale but with the new ticketing thingy not sure if to sell it on (at face value obviously)or return it. do you get a full refund if you return it?

11 minutes ago, leon3574 said:

When the campervan tickets went on sale in October I managed to bag one for me , my cousin then sent me and my other cousin (his Brother) a message saying he couldn't get through to buy one. so me and my cousin tried and got through and ended up buying 2 so we have spare for sale but with the new ticketing thingy not sure if to sell it on (at face value obviously)or return it. do you get a full refund if you return it?

the CV ticket is now part of a person's festival entrance ticket - so it could only be sold on if the entrance ticket is also sold on.

You'll get a full refund if you return it, perhaps minus a small admin fee.

Just to confirm what Neil said really - I returned my campervan ticket by contacting See's customer service via their website (went through "general enquiries" in the end).  Following day I received an email saying that £10 was being taken as an administration fee and £90 was being credited to the card/account used to purchase the ticket.  

I've just bit the bullet and booked at www.ashcombepark.com.

This is my first time ever camping off-site.

As a local, I've always been able to bag tickets and a cv pass. Due to this year's changes, CV tickets were sold out before locals were even offered tickets. Hard to complain though, still fortunate enough to get festival tickets whereas many locals didn't even get that (bad planning/oversight/lack of care by gfl/see tickets)

I've yet to wander down and check the distances but Google maps suggest that Ashcombe isn't much further away than the far fields of CV East. It is however, a LONG walk from Shangri La / Stone Circle... think I'll be seeing more of Arcadia / Park / Dance village...

What does surprise me is how fast Land & Sky has sold out... £360 for two people and pitch !

I do think gfl are missing a trick though -

It's obvious that more and more folk want CV passes. The cv fields are also full of tents (tenters staying with their cv mates).

It was noticeable how much spare camping there was within the perimeter fence - perhaps because so many were camping in cv fields ?

Why not assign more space to CV fields, particularly CV West ? Move the perimeter fence inwards, take some of that underused camping space and expand CV West.

Loads more revenue for gfl... seems like a no-brainer to me ??