Camper Van Ticket

bimblebee

15 hours ago, Dukeicon said:

It was different last year, you could only buy them when you went to pay off your balance. This is the first year of the new system so no one really knows.

This is correct.

However .... I emailed the guy in charge of ticketing after the entrance ticket sale and before the CV tickets were put on sale, to ask about the likelihood of CV tickets being available at the April resale, and I was told something along the lines of it being unlikely that CV tickets would be available at the time of the resale.

So while it's possible there might be some, I wouldn't count on it. Sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

Argghhhh

Trying to work out if it is going to be worth the risk buying a ticket of ebay.   I know it says the person who bought the ticket has to be there but do you think if I just stuck the sticker on the window of my car and played dumb I would get away with it.

The other option is to pay over £600 to take our caravan and tent in to Lovefields

5 minutes ago, bimblebee said:

Argghhhh

Trying to work out if it is going to be worth the risk buying a ticket of ebay.   I know it says the person who bought the ticket has to be there but do you think if I just stuck the sticker on the window of my car and played dumb I would get away with it.

The other option is to pay over £600 to take our caravan and tent in to Lovefields

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the campervan ticket is now also your entrance ticket - both on the same bit of paper.

If that's the case, buying one isn't possible unless you also buy the entrance ticket.

Last year had a ticket with my name on and then the sticker.

I had no idea that they were going to do a seperate sale of the campervan tickets this year so did not realise until they had sold out.  There has been one resale but my hubby was trying to use the old reg numbers to buy one so no luck there.

Looks like I need to get saving £600 then.

12 minutes ago, bimblebee said:

Last year had a ticket with my name on and then the sticker.

yep, but the whole system has changed this year, because CV tickets were being sold for profit.

The most obvious way to stop it would be to include the CV entitlement on the same ticket as is used for festival entrance, so presumably that's what they'll be doing.

On 07/02/2016 at 11:06 AM, bimblebee said:

Argghhhh

Bimblebee, we didnt manage to get tickets in the main sale, and as such couldn't buy campervan tickets when they went on sale. I messaged ashcombe park, who run a field just outside the gates, and have got a camper spot for £60 in lieu of us getting entrance tickets in the resales (which of course we will :-P) Its a bit further to walk, but that doesn't bother us and we would rather take our camper if we could.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Frankee said:

Does anyone have an official answer on campervan tickets? Is there gonna be any in the resale? Do I need to just check every day? What do I do arghh haha 

Only what Neil said before earlier in this thread.

On 18/01/2016 at 7:19 AM, eFestivals said:

This is correct.

However .... I emailed the guy in charge of ticketing after the entrance ticket sale and before the CV tickets were put on sale, to ask about the likelihood of CV tickets being available at the April resale, and I was told something along the lines of it being unlikely that CV tickets would be available at the time of the resale.

So while it's possible there might be some, I wouldn't count on it. Sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just logged on to See tickets and it says that Camper van tickets will be on sale 1st April 2016 and 12 noon - see below - Possibly they will have some available

Ticket type Ticket cost (face value)?  
EAST CAMPERVAN (PER VEHICLE) £100.00 (£100.00) On sale on Friday, 01 Apr 2016 at 12:00 AM
EAST CAMPERVAN (VEHICLES OVER 8M) £200.00 (£200.00) On sale on Friday, 01 Apr 2016 at 12:00 AM
WEST CAMPERVAN (PER VEHICLE) £100.00 (£100.00) On sale on Friday, 01 Apr 2016 at 12:00 AM

3 minutes ago, MollyDog007 said:

I've just logged on to See tickets and it says that Camper van tickets will be on sale 1st April 2016 and 12 noon - see below - Possibly they will have some available

Ticket type Ticket cost (face value)?  
EAST CAMPERVAN (PER VEHICLE) £100.00 (£100.00) On sale on Friday, 01 Apr 2016 at 12:00 AM
EAST CAMPERVAN (VEHICLES OVER 8M) £200.00 (£200.00) On sale on Friday, 01 Apr 2016 at 12:00 AM
WEST CAMPERVAN (PER VEHICLE) £100.00 (£100.00) On sale on Friday, 01 Apr 2016 at 12:00 AM

Been like that on the sales page for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

In the same dilemma. Had been waiting until 12pm today for re-sale but see on the official site that they have completely sold out.

not sure what do to?!?

also if we camp in our camper offsite does that mean we miss out on the camp site entertainment at night?

Just now, parsonjack said:

hmmm...now the Campervan ticket option has gone altogether from the front page.....

if they're going to be any more of them available, they'll be in the resale I'd expect.

I was told 6 months ago by the top ticketing bod that he thought it was unlikely they'd be any available in the resale, tho.