Line up prediction game 2016........

ramragon

Guess it's time to dust off the line up prediction game for 2016, the rules are the usual

Choose 20 bands that you think might play, either big or small it doesn't matter, please don't put on the site regulars as if we included them then everyone's list would be the same ! So no craig charles, hotpots, riot jazz band, Thingymabobs and Thingmajigs or Tim burgess ! (Any other site regulars people can think of ?)

You can make changes until the 11.59pm on the day before the first announcement comes out. The date isn't known yet but it will be well publicised and probably pretty soon !

Before the cut off point you can change your 20 as many times as you want, just edit them or repost, it doesn't matter which

Whoever has the most acts at the time the final line up announcement is made will be the winner and the other people entering have to buy them a pint at festival (usually thurlow)

In the event of a draw we'll use who has the most headline acts across the stages to decide then the headline support acts if there's still no winner.

Don't forget it's just for fun

Edited by ramragon
Adjustment of bands

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Muse

Coldplay

Adele

ZZ Top

Girl Band

Bring Me the Horizon

LCD Soundsystem

Tame Impala

Haim

Jeff Lynne's ELO

Jess Glynne

This list does not in any way shape or form highlight my musical likes, in fact there are only 2 of these so far that I would be excited about seeing.

You do realise this is for Kendal Calling not Glastonbury

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Muse

Coldplay

Adele

ZZ Top

Girl Band

Bring Me the Horizon

LCD Soundsystem

Tame Impala

Haim

Jeff Lynne's ELO

Jess Glynne

This list does not in any way shape or form highlight my musical likes, in fact there are only 2 of these so far that I would be excited about seeing.

Which 2 would you be looking forward to?

16 hours ago, ramragon said:

Guess it's time to dust off the line up prediction game for 2016, the rules are the usual

Choose 20 bands that you think might play, either big or small it doesn't matter, please don't put on the site regulars as if we included them then everyone's list would be the same ! So no craig charles, hotpots, riot jazz band or Tim burgess ! (Any other site regulars people can think of ?)

You can make changes until the 11.59pm on the day before the first announcement comes out. The date isn't known yet but it will be well publicised and probably pretty soon !

Before the cut off point you can change your 20 as many times as you want, just edit them or repost, it doesn't matter which

Whoever has the most acts at the time the final line up announcement is made will be the winner and the other people entering have to buy them a pint at festival (usually thurlow)

In the event of a draw we'll use who has the most headline acts across the stages to decide then the headline support acts if there's still no winner.

can I suggest that Thingymabobs and Thingmajigs should now be included on the regulars list? Will put my brain in gear for choices this week

13 hours ago, ramragon said:

Yeah thats fine, was thinking of that one as well 

You'll probably want to discount the lucid dream as well, they've been there in 1 form or another every year the festivals been on just about

Or increase the guesses to 25/30 and exclude no-one

Edited by thurlow84

On 15/01/2016 at 10:19 PM, ramragon said:

Choose 20 bands that you think might play, either big or small it doesn't matter, please don't put on the site regulars as if we included them then everyone's list would be the same ! So no craig charles, hotpots, riot jazz band, Thingymabobs and Thingmajigs or Tim burgess ! (Any other site regulars people can think of ?)

Good work Ramrage :)

We know when your post appears it`s nearly time for summer !!

I`m determined not to be last again this year so off to put some thought into it.......or wait till after Thurlow posts his :ph34r:

6 hours ago, bottonrob said:

ok here goes...

1. Manic Street Preachers
  2. Stereophonics
  3. Kodaline
  4. The Bluetones
  5. Cast
  6. Little Comets
  7. Hinds
  8. Foxes
  9. 5 Seconds of Summer
  10. Du Blonde
  11. Weezer
  12. Underworld
  13. Kate Rusby
  14. Rusty Shackle
  15. Barns Courtney
  16. Circa Waves
  17. Coquin Migale
  18. Superfood
  19. Madness
  20. Maribou State

There`s a few I`d like to see here Rob. Think we might get Madness OR Manics though....If Wickerman is happening then I was thinking one of these 2 might do both.

Were Kodaline the ones that pulled out last minute last year ? If so, I`m stealing them ;)

1 hour ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

There`s a few I`d like to see here Rob. Think we might get Madness OR Manics though....If Wickerman is happening then I was thinking one of these 2 might do both.

Were Kodaline the ones that pulled out last minute last year ? If so, I`m stealing them ;)

They were mate, i'll try to sort my list out tonight but remember im trying to lose this year, so will probably go with acts id like to see there rather than my usual method of picking acts that i think will be there

3 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

yep, I think Kodaline are odds on what with last year. Ella Eyre did the same thing, no showed and then was booked the next year. My daughter was really gutted so to cheer her up we spent the rest of the day saying to each other loudly that she had the shits and couldn't perform as she was worried she'd mess up the stage... Actually overhead a few teens later on telling this to their mates... Minus the stage muck bit! Bring on the summer!

4 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Good work Ramrage :)

We know when your post appears it`s nearly time for summer !!

I`m determined not to be last again this year so off to put some thought into it.......or wait till after Thurlow posts his :ph34r:

Haha, ill be here for the duration now lad (sudden catastrophes dependant !) , finally got round to booking my tickets a few days ago after the initial launch code muck up.  

20 bands is enough in the list, its a nightmare to check that many on the line up lists never mind 30 ! 

The forum should start and liven up in the next few weeks as the 1st announcement nears, no doubt mid february live on xfm 

Ok so heres my 20

1 vintage trouble

2 Beans on Toast

3 Manic Street Preachers

4 Alabama 3

5 Ezra Furman

6 faithless

7 Dub Pistols

8 Gaz Brookfield

9 Holy Moly and the Crackers

10 King Charles

11 Tijuana Bibles

12 Bill Ryder Jones

13 The Sherlocks

14 Cupids

15 White

16 Man & the Echo

17 Slowgun

18 She Drew the Gun

19 The Lottery Winners

20 Spring King

Main :

Rev & The Makers ( Thursday )

Rudimental

Jess Glynn

Manics

Chvrches

John Newman

James Blake

Craig David

Cast

Kula Shaker

Calling Out :

Nathaniel Rateliff and the night sweats

Neville Staple

Paul Heaton and Jackie Abbott

The Coral

Alias Kid

Chai Wallas :

Gentleman`s Dub Club

Woodland :

King Charles

Houseparty :

Showhawk Duo

Dance Tent :

Utah Saints

Nightmares on Wax

27 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Main :

Rev & The Makers ( Thursday )

Rudimental

Jess Glynn

Manics

Chvrches

John Newman

James Blake

Craig David

Cast

Kula Shaker

Calling Out :

Nathaniel Rateliff and the night sweats

Neville Staple

Paul Heaton and Jackie Abbott

The Coral

Alias Kid

Chai Wallas :

Gentleman`s Dub Club

Woodland :

King Charles

Houseparty :

Showhawk Duo

Dance Tent :

Utah Saints

Nightmares on Wax

Good list, i thought about putting a stage against each act myself too

Cant see the coral in the calling out after headlining last time but theres a few on your list i almost included in mine. Cast, Kula Shaker, Reverand and the makers all have to be in with a good chance of playing and it'd be great to have showhawk duo back, faceache keeps telling me they're working on some new tunes so they'd have to have a good chance as well