New On site Team...

CAMF111

17 minutes ago, CAMF111 said:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/16/160115b.shtml

So TITP have announced a new onsite team... what do we think, will this solve the problems we were plagued with last year?

Personally I think it won't be as bad, but I still won't be anywhere near perfect.

They had to do something but last year was the final straw for a lot of people and for them to have it at the same site is mental.

Would love to know the real ticket sales figures

5 things they would need to improve...

1 campsite lay out(2-3 hours to walk back to your tent is unbeleavable,I know guys who wanted to see bands but couldn't be arsed with the 4 hour round trip)

2 Sound(slam was turned down,mainstage was turned down,FFS the fair was louder).

3(There has to be something like the palm stage on after 12,its a joke for a so called top festival that everything closes down at 12.

4 Traffic(Horror stories last year needs to get sorted and don't know how they can with those roads).

5 Line up(This year more than any needs to be spot on to try and get punters back.

Can see there's a demand for EDM djs but every year the people that have been going from day dot gets more alienated.

Madness,pulp,the cure,happy Monday's,the specials,OCS,chemical brothers,the quo,primal scream,public enemy,erasure,shed seven,human league,the stranglers,wu tang clan.

This is a small selection that would have people coming back in there droves.

One last thing,the tenents bar

Try something diffrent,it was a older crowd in there,play indie proper rave(late 80s) instead of the same tunes you hear in slam.

Edited by Lor1

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/15/2016 at 1:41 PM, Lor1 said:

Would love to know the real ticket sales figures

Thursday 40,000

Friday 73,200

Saturday 83,800

Sunday 80,400

On 1/15/2016 at 2:08 PM, Lor1 said:

One last thing,the tenents bar

Try something diffrent,it was a older crowd in there,play indie proper rave(late 80s) instead of the same tunes you hear in slam.

The Tennents Bar was one of the only successes last year IMO. Good music, definitely not what you had in Slam, a decent crowd but never too busy, quite chilled actually and could always get a seat and 100x better than the pish drink/pish EDM music of the "cocktail" bar. 

19 hours ago, crowie said:

Thursday 40,000

Friday 73,200

Saturday 83,800

Sunday 80,400

The Tennents Bar was one of the only successes last year IMO. Good music, definitely not what you had in Slam, a decent crowd but never too busy, quite chilled actually and could always get a seat and 100x better than the pish drink/pish EDM music of the "cocktail" bar. 

2 years ago the tunes at the cocktail bar were absalute quality just a mixture that worked.

Last year it was as you say a EDM fest,another great tent that's been  ****** up.

Would love to see the Bacardi bar back again.

On 1/26/2016 at 3:50 AM, Lor1 said:

2 years ago the tunes at the cocktail bar were absalute quality just a mixture that worked.

Last year it was as you say a EDM fest,another great tent that's been  ****** up.

Would love to see the Bacardi bar back again.

IMO the Tennents Bar was the closest we have had to B Bar, music wise, since B Bar went. 

My other gripe with the "cocktail" bar in comparison to B Bar is that the cocktails are all ready made pish in comparison to mojitos being made for you, there and then, at old B Bar.

6 minutes ago, devilman said:

I don't believe the figures for a second, but if T got that close to capacity then it makes it even more of an obscenity that they took over 100k of our money as a grant. That needs to be repaid.

The figures surprised me but surely they can't lie to P&K Council over tickets sold? I would imagine the entire basis of the review was based on numbers attending. 

The only things that make me doubt those numbers - aerial shots of the Main Stage didn't look busy in comparison to Balado busy, even at headline sets. And within that report there is a council comment that in the final couple of weeks before the festival costs seemed to become more of an issue to organisers. That would suggest they didn't have the ticket sales to match the outlay on security and such like.

In defence of the numbers, there were normally approx 260 private coaches at Balado each year, Strathallan had 300. From personal experience the coach I run was in more demand for Strathallan than it was in the previous few years at Balado, I had to turn folks away for a seat, first time in a few years thats happened.

Edited by crowie
updated

16 minutes ago, devilman said:

I don't believe the figures for a second, but if T got that close to capacity then it makes it even more of an obscenity that they took over 100k of our money as a grant. That needs to be repaid.

I'm no fan of the SNP, and the irregular way that grant was made is highly suspect, particularly as procedures weren't followed.

But all the same, festivals both large and small all around the UK are beneficiaries of 'arts funding', so I don't think the fact that the event was profitable should be the sole criteria about whether or not it should receive arts funding.

Of course, if you'd rather see the money spent on helping the poor than helping those who have the disposable income to fund themselves I certainly can't condemn you for that ... but then you're into a whole other ball game, where most of the claimed benefits from an SNP govt in Scotland would have to be overturned too on the same basis.

Just a thought but could DF have overstated the numbers attending to mask just how poor the layout was in comparison to Balado? Always hard to tell but my gut instinct was that there was nowhere near as many people there as has been noted. On another point having read through that report who were they kidding about having no issues on the Thursday, from turning off at the bridge at Muthill it took me over 90 minutes to get to the car park because the buses were gridlocked.

Having spoken to people about this they (and I) don't believe that it would have been possible to get 30,000 more people in the campsites from thursday to friday. 

I also have no issue with the festival getting an arts grant if it promoted the arts. It does nothing of the kind now. All of the arts promotion has been stripped back and it's all a lean money making juggernaut. That money should be paid back. It's a fucking scam. The smaller festivals that actually promote the arts and get children involved should be receiving all of that money.

20 hours ago, NeverBelieve said:

Just a thought but could DF have overstated the numbers attending to mask just how poor the layout was in comparison to Balado? Always hard to tell but my gut instinct was that there was nowhere near as many people there as has been noted. On another point having read through that report who were they kidding about having no issues on the Thursday, from turning off at the bridge at Muthill it took me over 90 minutes to get to the car park because the buses were gridlocked.

Another part I would argue with would be the point there were making about punters walking on the roads being the cause of the traffic issues. I would say that it was actually the other way round. The roads were gridlocked around the site so people had to walk to their lifts, 

We came out on Friday evening, waited in bus park for 30-40 mins, got a call from my bus driver who said he had been sitting stationery for an hour plus, 2+ miles away, trying to get to bus park. We then had to walk to him because if we hadn't, well as the report says, it was 3am before traffic started moving again. The roads were gridlocked before Friday evening finished, not after because of punters coming out and then walking to the roads.. Punters walking on the roads were only a symptom of them being gridlocked.

• 1 month later...

I know someone who lives nearby Strathallan and he says there trying to sort the roads by dropping folk off of the buses a good mile away from the site and it's really hilly round there.  I don't think there's anything they can do to stop those tiny roads being a total nightmare.