John Peel Stage moving location

jackarmy

46 minutes ago, tazbang said:

Can we all agree that the JP tent move was a fantastic success?

Combined with The Wood its got the makings of a lovely little area, especially when the sun is shinning and everyone can relax on the grass outside. Much better than being shoved in the corner of a camping field. Would be nice to see some flags decorating the field, and maybe the holy grail of an outside screen, but overall a big thumbs up (at least from me).

JP / The Wood - Yes.

I do think there's some issues created around the related staff / hospitality area moves - there's now far too many long, straight, walkways with fences along both sides which I think only made the fields further out feel even more isolated.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new location & new tent are great. Loved it.

A word of warning though to anyone with kids and using the family field at Wicket which we have done over the years.

The new JPS back stage music went on until 04:00am on the Monday which is not great when you have kids and an early morning drive back up North.

A re-think, maybe, but I will give the kids ear defenders to sleep with next year ;)

Also loved new location, and just a 5 min walk from camp, so ended up spending most of my time there.

Saw some bands there that i didn't intend seeing either, and discovered some gems.

Sound was absolutely spot on there too, unlike the Park, which has a similar set  up pa -wise, but was spoiled for me by some completely overpowering kick/bass

Love the new location but am I the only one that had a problem with the ground in the tent? Went for John grand had to move location couple of times cos I was standing on rocks or mud or in a ditch it felt. 

Didn't get over as much as I would have liked due to mud. Sacked off bat for lashes cos I was on a bench in West holts.  

42 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Love the new location but am I the only one that had a problem with the ground in the tent? Went for John grand had to move location couple of times cos I was standing on rocks or mud or in a ditch it felt. 

Didn't get over as much as I would have liked due to mud. Sacked off bat for lashes cos I was on a bench in West holts.  

Bats for Lashes was one of the best sets of the weekend for me, but understand the trek as took us over an hour from back of Paines ground to get there...I didn't bother with Beck as couldn't face the Pyramid so after Band of Horses did the slow trek to the Park to watch Grimes (who was fantastic) instead