Question about the ignore list

• 1 year later...
On 12/01/2016 at 0:55 PM, russycarps said:

and I can also confirm they can downgrade your posts too!

Sorry for the thread necromancy,  but did you ever sort something out to fix this?  I've also acquired a creepy stalker type and want to prevent them - and their sock puppet - seeing anything I post.

12 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Sorry for the thread necromancy,  but did you ever sort something out to fix this?  I've also acquired a creepy stalker type and want to prevent them - and their sock puppet - seeing anything I post.

Nope! Unless things have changed everyone can see your posts no matter what.

I think my stalker just got bored and pissed off. I suspect it's someone who has taken offence to your high post/high reputation count for some bizarre reason. 

9 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Nope! Unless things have changed everyone can see your posts no matter what.

I think my stalker just got bored and pssed off. I suspect it's someone who has taken offence to your high post/high reputation count for some bizarre reason. 

Ah well....cheers for the feedback.  I guess I'll just have to sit tight.

I don't even use the reputation system myself, but about I've previously had a run in with a genuinely scary individual on another forum who started off doing something similar and so I'm a bit uneasy.  I don't think it's the same bloke, but that spilled over into real life so I'm wary of something similar happening.

23 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Ah well....cheers for the feedback.  I guess I'll just have to sit tight.

I don't even use the reputation system myself, but about I've previously had a run in with a genuinely scary individual on another forum who started off doing something similar and so I'm a bit uneasy.  I don't think it's the same bloke, but that spilled over into real life so I'm wary of something similar happening.

Ah ok that is no joking matter. 

Looking through your reputation it does seem to follow the same pattern as the crank who used to downgrade me....ie no pattern at all. You've probably just put down their favourite band with a flippant comment or something and this is their "revenge". 

I'm sure neil will ban them if things start getting more sinister.