David Bowie sadly passes away

thetime

Was trying to wake up in a darkened bedroom when the Mrs told me. Instantly shocked, I bolted up in disbelief thinking she was going to give a punch line or something. It was not ringing true with me in my haze. And then sadness with the realisation it was true and she was being serious. Obviously like many others this morning I dusted off his tunes and played them in the car on my way into work, loving the reaction of a 3 year old in the back to hearing The Jean Genie for most likely the first time in her life, but struggling to get her to understand that she herself does not have cancer and its highly unlikely she will get it soon.

Sad day, but his art allowed him and will  allow him to be a hero for many a day...............

6 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Actually shouted upstairs to the missus when it came on the news. Think anyone else it'd have waited till she came back down. Both late for work this morning cos just stood aghast looking at TV

I had a fairly important presentation to make first thing this morning so set the alarm an hour earlier to prepare. Spend 55 minutes of the hour in bed reading about Bowie on my phone. Followed by a mad panic! "Oh shit....work!"

Edited by The Nal

Gutted, I know it was always doubtful for live shows (and we know more so now obviously) but there was the always hope I'd get to see him live.

6Music had a fantastic tribute this afternoon and I finally got around to listening to Blackstar, what a way to go out if you are going out!

That is some super group in the great beyond being formed atm!

This is ridiculous and really highlights how mindless and stupid modern "celebrity" culture is.

Angie Bowie is currently in Big Brother and tells another housemate of the passing of Bowie and utter confusion and farce ensues

Bowie is very much better off where he is when we have this on our planet

nearly as stupid as those who are wondering if 'Blackstar' was named after Elvis' 'Black Star' - really? you think?

I don't know why it annoys me so much, it shouldn't but it's like discovering music journalists speculating on where the name 'Mega City 4' came from or something.

14 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Apart from Danniella Westbrook, who are these people? 

And she is probably most famous for her infamous cocaine habit that resulted in her nasal septum wasting away.

Sad................But its apparently what the masses want................ Im still perplexed at how popular the Daily Mail App is and how the likes of the Xfactor is still going 

" Tiffany Pollard (born January 6, 1982)[1] is an American reality television personality and actress. She is best known for her participation in VH1's Flavor of Love and I Love New York. Pollard was given the nickname "New York" by rapper Flavor Flav. "

Good God! 

Edited by LondonTom

1 hour ago, tonyblair said:

She was told "David's dead". while she's on a show with David Gest. As much as I hate the show, I don't see what's so odd about her reaction

She thought that someone she was living with and speaking to over the last few days went into a room and went through the end stages of cancer and died. What is odd is the level of stupidity on display that's what's odd.