David Bowie RIP

Woffy

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on night shifts this weekend and just woke to the news, this is so sad, I never got to see him live and the nearest it did happen was when he was supposed to be headlining T in the Park, 2004 I think, but pulled out due to his heart issue and never played again.  I was gutted then but no where near as much as now.

I've retreated the calls for the Pyramid show but if not that hopefully they will do something fitting

2 minutes ago, craigyb31 said:

I've been on night shifts this weekend and just woke to the news, this is so sad, I never got to see him live and the nearest it did happen was when he was supposed to be headlining T in the Park, 2004 I think, but pulled out due to his heart issue and never played again.  I was gutted then but no where near as much as now.

He was replaced by The Darkness!

Just gutted :-( What an incredible legacy he's left us. Had no idea he was so ill. Enjoyed watching the clip that Glastonbury Festival shared on FB today of "Heroes" on the Pyramid in 2000. My friends were there but can't remember if they saw him. That's Glasto I suppose LOL....Bowie wouldn't have had it any different ;-)

45 minutes ago, russycarps said:

no different from the football though is it? And a football crowd would need far more control due to the threat of violence etc

No different but I have it in my head that this would be after dark whereas the football has tended to either be in the day or in the days before the majority of people turned up on Wednesday.

Just thinking it would be a huge crowd with very little else on elsewhere by way of distraction.

Imagine the scenes though, Wednesday Efests meet followed by group hug and mass cry-along-a-Bowie at the Pyramid.

30 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

If only, indeed.

I nearly vomited when they had DC on TV just now saying how much he loved Bowie. Lying git. The music is for everyone, except him (and his nasty little sidekicks).

Hey he likes Hunky Dory! Hes alright with me!

3 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I suspect licensing would prevent it happening on the Wednesday, unless some quick negotiations could take place. 

Personally, I'd be happy for them to drop whoever they've got planned for Sunday headliners, and show his 2000 performance then, to close the pyramid. 

They don't have to have it gig loud though. They can just show it as reasonable TV volume.

Perhaps it would work better to have it showing in the cinema tent over various intervals. Wouldn't have the same impact, granted, but would probably be easier to set up. In fact they could do a lot in the cinema tent, showing some of his films and concerts and that.

I expect a lot of Bowie related things going on this year either way.

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

The old outdoor cinema would have been perfect. They'd have to do this Fri - Sun though otherwise it'd be too rammed. What's the setup like in their sound and vision (see what I did?) wise? Is it just a big TV really or is it decent. I've never been in.

I went in there once and the stench of BO was indescribable.

I was asked to leave.

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

The old outdoor cinema would have been perfect. They'd have to do this Fri - Sun though otherwise it'd be too rammed. What's the setup like in their sound and vision (see what I did?) wise? Is it just a big TV really or is it decent. I've never been in.

I've never been in either! When did they stop doing the outdoor cinema? Would have said that was before your time?

They'd have to do this Fri - Sun though otherwise it'd be too rammed. What's the setup like in their sound and vision (see what I did?) wise? Is it just a big TV really or is it decent. I've never been in.

Its ok yeah. Couple of speakers and a big screen. Quite dark. There could've been a couple of people cracking out a unit and I wouldn't have known.

The old outdoor cinema would have been perfect. 

To get pissed on?