Jump to content
Woffy

David Bowie RIP

Recommended Posts

Rock n Roll has died again. All the best David. Saw him 24 times and each time was soooo much better than anything or anyone else. I'm just glad he passed peacefully with his family and right at the top with a fantastic album. And so it goes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably the greatest artist that ever lived. Timeless, effortless & awe-inspiring to the end. 

Above all, he taught me that it was ok to be that weird kid at school in make up that nobody else understood. 

RIP David & thank you for inspiring the world. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mandroman said:

Rock n Roll has died again. All the best David. Saw him 24 times and each time was soooo much better than anything or anyone else. I'm just glad he passed peacefully with his family and right at the top with a fantastic album. And so it goes. 

Went out as #1 in the charts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way the DJ announced it on the station I had on in the car was so comically cheesy that I thought it was a wind up at first. Then I saw his official account post it and thought maybe it’s a sick windup.

I thought he looked well in those recent videos.

People can sometimes elevate the recently deceased when talking about them, but it can be said with utter conviction that there’ll never be another Bowie.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shocked completely... he was one of my favourite artists, a true icon and something never to be repeated.  

Hero x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen Kanye's tweet, not much is thought of him on here, but I think it's one of the most perfect and accurate tributes I've seen. 

"David Bowie was one of my most important inspirations, so fearless, so creative, he gave us magic for a lifetime."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, #FreeComTruise said:

Just seen Kanye's tweet, not much is thought of him on here, but I think it's one of the most perfect and accurate tributes I've seen. 

"David Bowie was one of my most important inspirations, so fearless, so creative, he gave us magic for a lifetime."

yeah just heard this read out on the news and thought it was a great summation of the man

gonna be having a total listen through of his album discography today/over the next few days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely shocking, and there really wasn't any giveaway considering how his artistry had been recently. Though, in hindsight, I guess a lot of the Blackstar stuff falls into place when you think of from a dying man's point of view. There will truly never be another musician that pushes so many boundaries and inspires so much creation like he did, right up until the end.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Absolutely shocking, and there really wasn't any giveaway considering how his artistry had been recently. Though, in hindsight, I guess a lot of the Blackstar stuff falls into place when you think of from a dying man's point of view. There will truly never be another musician that pushes so many boundaries and inspires so much creation like he did, right up until the end.

Lazarus definitely has a feel of this now.. :(

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Desperately sad.

we walked out to this at our wedding:

 

Always gives me goosebumps, I couldn't even watch it now without welling up.

RIP to one of the very few true legends.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so weird that i was listening to Backstar yesterday thinking 'this is incredible, i can't believe he released an album this good so late in his career' and now i'm listening to it and tearing up. definitely has a swan song feel to tit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very sad news- why do people seem to die just after their birthdays? My dad was the same, it seems to happen often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

first Roy Orbison, then Kurt Cobain, and now David Bowie - they're dropping like flies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was listening to the reality tour live album when I read the devastating news and all the young dudes was playing. Seems like an appropriate song somehow. 

Absolutely gutted, but he will be remembered forever in his music.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, st dan said:

Absolutely devastated. Can't believe how hard this news has hit me. 

All deaths are obviously terrible, but ive never felt this level of sadness at a death of somebody I didn't personally know. 

 

RIP Starman. Arguably the most important musician of all time. 

You put how I feel far better than I could.  RIP Starman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

terribly sad news. My jaw dropped when they announced it randomly on the news this morning. What a loss for the music biz his passing is. And Blackstar is a great album too. RIP 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So sad news. Diamond Dogs was first album that really hit me. 

 

RIP to a true genius 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×