when is the line up announced??

frankfoil

On 10/01/2016 at 1:23 PM, frankfoil said:

Thanks man...that is handy.... So by the looks of it, this year is the only year that nothing had been drip feed before the tutn of the year..... Fingers crossed we will start hearing bits and bobs soon 

Well it all depends on how far back you look.

Certainly when I first started buying tickets 37 years ago they would issue a clear line up poster before any tickets went on sale - cant recall when they started selling tickets before the full line up was knowing as by then I was working at it so I was not paying attention.

in recent years they can please themselves as to what is let out and ' when ' although some info will come out by the Bands themselves.

I am sure they are working on the 2017 line up by now.

7 minutes ago, frankfoil said:

I wonder what the reason of holding back info is......  Not likely it won't sell out if the lineup is deemed weak....seems alot of people go and the music is secondary.... A bit frustrating... But fingers crossed it won't be long now.... 

it doesn't make a jot of difference to what you're able to see at the festival is they announce the acts early or if they announce them close to the event.

But it does make a difference to the bands who might or might not agree to play a show for a smaller fee than they'd normally get.

If the announcement was made earlier, the chances are that Glastonbury would have fewer acts able to be booked.

I suspect the line up isn't announced as a number of acts are also on tour at the same time. If you knew that an act was going to be at Glastonbury and you were going, would you also pay to go and see them in tour as well?

The full line up will be announced by Glastonbury Festival in April 2016, and this will give you the acts on the main stages. Some of the areas will announce their own at different times. For example, Shangri-La, The Glade and Silver Hayes all did theirs in May last year.

This is always a good site to keep tabs on. They add acts as and when they announce themselves. It changes often in the early months, but it keeps the excitement building.

http:///s/g2016/

5 minutes ago, shepnic said:

I suspect the line up isn't announced as a number of acts are also on tour at the same time. If you knew that an act was going to be at Glastonbury and you were going, would you also pay to go and see them in tour as well?

The full line up will be announced by Glastonbury Festival in April 2016, and this will give you the acts on the main stages. Some of the areas will announce their own at different times. For example, Shangri-La, The Glade and Silver Hayes all did theirs in May last year.

This is always a good site to keep tabs on. They add acts as and when they announce themselves. It changes often in the early months, but it keeps the excitement building.

http:///s/g2016/

Anyone can add acts to Clashfinder, and people adding random names (self confirmed or not) only really serves to cause trouble as its a really useful tool for planning your timetable rather than seeing someone's predictions.

This (eFests) is a good website for seeing acts as they self confirm and stuff.

Edited by dentalplan