2000 Trees

Chavmeisterdeluxe

Yeah Frightened Rabbit aren't headlining and not really surprised when I think about it. The fest has grown since 2014 (like Deaf Havana didn't headline last year despite headlining it in 2015) though it makes me wonder why they are holding back the final headliner. The only things I can of is that they are waiting for a tour to finish though I would have thought no one touring now or about to tour would be suitable or they've got other festival commitments so can't be announced until later, which would make me think its Neck Deep. 

Frightened Rabbit, Blood Red Shoes, ASIWYFA and Bloody Knees are all great additions for me. Still haven't heard about my graduation so still not sure if I can make it but I really hope so at this rate 

22 minutes ago, UndergroundSound said:

Nice to see Black Honey announced, wouldn't have predicted that. Dead! and Bloody Knees are also highlights for me. Great announcement overall, need to get listening to the ones i'm not so familiar with, any particular recommendations?

Blood Red Shoes are probably something you enjoy so check them out and if you've never listened to The Midnight Organ Fight by FR then now is as good as time as any great band. 

1 minute ago, justanothername said:

Frightened Rabbit, Blood Red Shoes, ASIWYFA and Bloody Knees are all great additions for me. Still haven't heard about my graduation so still not sure if I can make it but I really hope so at this rate 

Blood Red Shoes are probably something you enjoy so check them out and if you've never listened to The Midnight Organ Fight by FR then now is as good as time as any great band. 

on it, cheers mate.

On 3/27/2018 at 12:30 AM, justanothername said:

Given that clue and the timing of the announcement I'm 99% sure it's Frightened Rabbit and that make me very happy. They were great last week so will be looking forward to seeing them again

Also shame about Marmozets, I thought they were nailed on but I gave up on them when they announced that quite big London show in October. Guess they'd rather do their own thing 

They can't do Trees cos of mainstage at Download.

2 hours ago, justanothername said:

Yeah Frightened Rabbit aren't headlining and not really surprised when I think about it. The fest has grown since 2014 (like Deaf Havana didn't headline last year despite headlining it in 2015) though it makes me wonder why they are holding back the final headliner. The only things I can of is that they are waiting for a tour to finish though I would have thought no one touring now or about to tour would be suitable or they've got other festival commitments so can't be announced until later, which would make me think its Neck Deep. 

Or Frank Turner as he is on tour in May.

I’m pretty surprised milk teeth haven’t been announced yet considering the rest of the tour they just did is at trees. Then again I think that would make them 3 years on the trot, but black peaks have done that anyway so who knows.

Right so based on relative place on the poster/announced days and stages (as well as assuming a reasonable even spread of act size) I think we currently have placements something like this:

Thursday

Main

At The Drive In
Frightened Rabbit
Arcane Roots
???
Turbowolf
Black Foxxes
Ben Marwood

Cave

???
Black Peaks
Boston Manor
Vukovi
???
Shvpes
???

Axiom

???
Black Honey
???
Brutus
???
???

Friday

Main

???
???
Blood Red Shoes
???
???
???
???
???
???

Cave

Creeper
Touche Amore
Ho99o9
???
Hellions
???
Holding Absence
Phoxjaw

Axiom

???
My Vitriol
???
Dead!
Slotface
Nova Twins
Press to Meco
???
Gloo

Neu

Conjurer
Fangclub
Gold Key
Nervus
Bitch Falcon
???
???
No Violet

Saturday

Main

Enter Shikari
???
Basement
And So I Watch You From Afar
The Xcerts
???
???
???
???

Cave

???
???
???
???
Blood Command
???
Loathe
???

Axiom

Hell is for Heroes
???
Bloody Knees
Queen Kwong
Dream State
Funeral Shakes
???
???
???

Neu

Gallops
Chapter & Verse
Black Futures
Gender Roles
Lady Bird
Sun Arcana
Haggard Cat
Muskets

Hopefully give us an idea of what size bands are left to be announced. Didn't add Forest Sessions as so few added to that and kind of hard to predict the order.

Edited by SOAD
  • Upvote 2

Predictions of the 5? I have no idea so mine are going to be way off but just going to start it off, in no particular order:

Neck Deep

Dream Wife

Jamie Lenman

Milk Teeth

Shame

Will be proud if I get 1 or 2.

Edited by UndergroundSound
changed PUP bc just looked up their tour dates and theyre playing canada on the 15th

Just now, UndergroundSound said:

Predictions of the 5?

Tigers jaw

slaughter beach dog

milk teeth

Higher power 

Frank turner

All wild speculation nothing to back any of it up but they’d make the lineup so perfect for me

• Upvote 1