2000 Trees

Chavmeisterdeluxe

3 hours ago, tbrock said:

For those that have been, can you turn up the day before and get yourself set up and whatnot like most festivals (so on Wednesday) or can you really only turn up on Thursday?

It opens at 9am on the Thursday. The music starts at 2pm so there's plenty of time to set up, even though it will take a while to get in. If you come by car the car park is close to the site entrance so it's easy to make a couple of trips.

18 hours ago, WFD said:

It opens at 9am on the Thursday. The music starts at 2pm so there's plenty of time to set up, even though it will take a while to get in. If you come by car the car park is close to the site entrance so it's easy to make a couple of trips.

Ah fair play, thanks for the help. Ill be coming by train to chelt spa and then i think i read that there is a shuttle to the fest from there.

55 minutes ago, tbrock said:

Ah fair play, thanks for the help. Ill be coming by train to chelt spa and then i think i read that there is a shuttle to the fest from there.

That’s what I did last year, reached Cheltenham about 2 hours before the first shuttle bus tho so ended up getting a taxi rather than waiting. so be aware of that kind of thing with the bus. Should be sound getting set up an all that in time either way tho mate.

Edited by LiamEP

2 hours ago, LiamEP said:

That’s what I did last year, reached Cheltenham about 2 hours before the first shuttle bus tho so ended up getting a taxi rather than waiting. so be aware of that kind of thing with the bus. Should be sound getting set up an all that in time either way tho mate.

How much did the taxi set you back? I tried to look on a map and sort of judge it as far as distance but i couldnt really sort it. I was think about doing that as well.

7 hours ago, tbrock said:

How much did the taxi set you back? I tried to look on a map and sort of judge it as far as distance but i couldnt really sort it. I was think about doing that as well.

pretty sure the taxi was about 25 quid, not too bad if you find someone to split with. 

3 minutes ago, UndergroundSound said:

Sounds exciting where've you heard that? Hopefully my dream comes true.

An email they sent out yesterday:

In other news, we may have another musical based announcement coming tomorrow. But only if you're good... (well, even if you're not). 

4 hours ago, huntyyy said:

An email they sent out yesterday:

In other news, we may have another musical based announcement coming tomorrow. But only if you're good... (well, even if you're not). 

Oh not sure why I didn’t get that as i’ve signed up and i’ve bought my tickets. - so thanks for that.

Edited by UndergroundSound

Has anyone got any experience of Volunteering at 2000 Trees? Thinking of registering to volunteer as a Site Steward. Am aware that you have to be onsite by 10pm Wednesday and it's only 3 four hour shifts that you have to do Thurs-Sat. Just wondering what the shifts are like and just any general reviews on volunteering! :)

8 hours ago, alexwetherell said:

Has anyone got any experience of Volunteering at 2000 Trees? Thinking of registering to volunteer as a Site Steward. Am aware that you have to be onsite by 10pm Wednesday and it's only 3 four hour shifts that you have to do Thurs-Sat. Just wondering what the shifts are like and just any general reviews on volunteering! :)

I did it about 6 years ago. Was very nice, one of the better festivals to steward.

My information might be out of date, as it is a few years ago, but hopefully it'll help!

The shift pattern is first come first served (on fest arrival), and they tell you which bands you miss on each. They provide you with a terrible sandwich on each shift, but it's still better than nothing. You work in pairs, on various locations, instead of being on the same spot every shift of the weekend like in some stewarding jobs, and the 3 4-hour shifts is a lot less than what some festivals expect.

Any specific questions?

On 02/02/2018 at 4:00 AM, LiamEP said:

pretty sure the taxi was about 25 quid, not too bad if you find someone to split with. 

Ah fair play thanks for the info.  Seems very likely I'll be attending this year based off the terrible Leeds lineup so far. That being said what are we thinking for the third headliner? 

Is there any sort of 'loner' group set up for 2000 trees on this site? I can't see me convincing any of my mates to come along as they aren't really into rock music. I'm not 100% going, just considering my options after that god awful R&L announcement. Always had one eye on this festival though. About time I give it a go.

Also, any ideas when the next announcement is?

1 hour ago, CRW5252 said:

Is there any sort of 'loner' group set up for 2000 trees on this site? I can't see me convincing any of my mates to come along as they aren't really into rock music. I'm not 100% going, just considering my options after that god awful R&L announcement. Always had one eye on this festival though. About time I give it a go.

Also, any ideas when the next announcement is?

I'm going solo also wondering the same

9 hours ago, tbrock said:

Ah fair play thanks for the info.  Seems very likely I'll be attending this year based off the terrible Leeds lineup so far. That being said what are we thinking for the third headliner? 

I'd put money on it being either Frightened Rabbit or The Descendants. I think Don Broco will end up at R&L.