2000 Trees

Chavmeisterdeluxe

12 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Still see Fallon as likely as the Gaslight shows are a week out. Frank is supposedly not doing any festivals this year. Neck Deep I could see, Frightened Rabbit I could see. Trouble is whoever it is is gonna be the smaller of the 3 headliners you'd presume.

And I also suspect it'll be a band that contrasts with the other two. I think Frightened Rabbit would be the perfect band for that, although rather selfishly i'd hope it would be a normal set rather than an anniversary set as I'm already seeing that in March.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Didn't Twin Atlantic headline Trees and sub 2nd stage Download in the same year? Wouldn't rule Neck Deep out for that reason. Guess might be DL not so keen now they've got Avalanche and trying to get that demo, but in a year when they've got Guns and Roses will they really care?

Yeah they did and given that they've booked ATDI as well I don't think they're bothered about a band doing more shows. I guess that maybe the with The Avalanche stage they might not one of their main competitors sharing a headliner but until I see it saying that Download has got them as an exclusive I think they're still an option.

Really happy with Shikari but the other acts announced I'm not too fused about. Boston Manor are OK I guess and I saw SHVPES last year and while they were good fun they weren't something I was dying to listen to when I got home. Other bands seemed decent but none of them really grabbed me. 

That being said, Shikari, Touché and ATDI were enough to entice me anyway so I'll probably be going. 

Edited by justanothername

Apart from Shikari that announcement isn’t great, a couple of decent bands there but no one i would say I’m excited about. I would see Boston Manor, Shvpes, Black Foxxes and Holding Absence if there wasn’t anyone clashing with them.

With Touche Amoré, Basement, Creeper, ATDI and Shikari it’s looking pretty damn good for me already.

52 minutes ago, Jack w said:

Very happy with the announcements so far, lots of bands I like and lots I didn't know well that I'm getting in to.

When are we expecting the third announcement and do we reckon it will be of a similar size to the first 2 or bigger? I reckon we will get the full poster of the bigger acts.

I'm guessing another similar sized one in February for the third headliner, then a bigger one in mid March fleshing out a lot of the lower down slots.  They don't have a set pattern though and being a small festival they sometimes have to work around other announcements - remember last year there were a couple of delays because they had to wait their turn.

36 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

When does this usually sell out? Have I got to be quick getting a ticket?

They are usually punting them quite hard right up to the festival itself so I wouldn't worry too much.  The headliners this year might mean ticket sales get off to a quicker start but I can't see them selling out until much closer, if at all.

1 hour ago, justanothername said:

Really happy with Shikari but the other acts announced I'm not too fused about. Boston Manor are OK I guess and I saw SHVPES last year and while they were good fun they weren't something I was dying to listen to when I got home. Other bands seemed decent but none of them really grabbed me. 

That being said, Shikari, Touché and ATDI were enough to entice me anyway so I'll probably be going. 

Shikari, Basement, Turbowolf, Creeper, Arcane Roots, Touché and Boston Manor have Already convinced me to go. Hoping for some other good names like Shame, The Blinders, Calva Louise etc

5 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Enter Shikari not being an exclusive suits me down to the ground, but makes me wonder wherelese they'll show up. Is it likely that it's Hell is for Heroes that's headlining Axiom? If so, them and Shikari clashing is a definite deal breaker.

The festival not billing it as an exclusive means they have not  written into the contract that Enter Shikari are an exclusive. However the band have themselves stated that they will only play 1 UK show this summer, and that will be at 2000 Trees. They might change their minds and play some more, which they have the freedom to do due to no exclusivity in the contract, but don't count on it :)