2000 Trees

Chavmeisterdeluxe

A tweet from Matt Hughes from Devil PR suggests it's quite a few bands being announced. Wouldn't be surprised if its headliner Sunday and the rest in kerrang on Wednesday.

"The first @2000trees announcement is coming, a week on Sunday (28th). It includes one of my all time fave bands, 3 of my fave new bands, a band I adore with all my heart and a bunch of other bands I listen to a lot. Like, a lot. Keep it glued yo. #2000trees"

Edited by Chavmeisterdeluxe
  • Upvote 1

On 20/01/2018 at 8:29 AM, Andre91 said:

Alkaline Trio have been active again lately. Would they return again so soon after last playing? 

Headliners for this I’m going for Enter Shikari, The Gaslight Anthem and then one of Neck Deep or Frank Turner. 

Maybe but I reckon if they were to come back they'd want to headline and I don't see it happening. 

On 20/01/2018 at 9:41 AM, Andre91 said:

Changed my mind to Gaslight, Shikari and ATDI. 

Doubt that two of the headliners are going to be American and apart from that Brian Fallon rumour there is not much else to suggest that Gaslight will be there. I reckon ATDI are the more likely option (though their tour has been selling pretty poorly, the Manchester venue got downgrade a few days ago) 

6 hours ago, justanothername said:

Doubt that two of the headliners are going to be American and apart from that Brian Fallon rumour there is not much else to suggest that Gaslight will be there. I reckon ATDI are the more likely option (though their tour has been selling pretty poorly, the Manchester venue got downgrade a few days ago) 

Surely they wouldn't be announcing ATDI just before a tour that isn't doing well

23 hours ago, LiamEP said:

Surely they wouldn't be announcing ATDI just before a tour that isn't doing well

I don't know but you can't hype an band this much and not announce them. Still hoping for Gaslight though

22 minutes ago, Jack w said:

second headline announcement next Wednesday in Kerrang...

Why not just do it one go :lol:

4 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Also, Enter Shikari are noticeably absent from the Download announcement which has just leaked and they've still got that show to announce :ninja: 

Yeah that's what I've noticed. Trying not to hype myself because I would love a shikari headline set.

Are we out of hopes for Glassjaw?

5 minutes ago, jonday81 said:

Less Than Jake in with a shout?

Potentially but apart from Download there is not much sign of them around Europe. Still, it's one more show than The Gaslight Anthem have I guess :lol: 

5 minutes ago, FMcG88 said:

Yeah that's what I've noticed. Trying not to hype myself because I would love a shikari headline set.

Are we out of hopes for Glassjaw?

I mean, at this point it's either going to be this or R&L (unless YNOT have got them but I don't see why'd they go for them) and I'm starting to think that Trees is more likely. The dream is Gaslight Anthem/Enter Shikari/Neck Deep for me but I doubt that will happen.

Glassjaw, not sure. They're not touring at all at the moment but I'd reckon they'd be a great headliner for The Cave.

Edited by justanothername

1 minute ago, justanothername said:

I mean, at this point it's either going to be this or R&L (unless YNOT have got them but I don't see why'd they go for them) and I'm starting to think that Trees is more likely. The dream is Gaslight Anthem/Enter Shikari/Neck Deep for me but I doubt that will happen.

Glassjaw, not sure. They're not touring at all at the moment but I'd reckon they'd be a great headliner for The Cave.

I think those are good shouts, though personally I would take Gaslight/Shikari/Frightened Rabbit MOF10thAnniversay over Neck Deep, but think Neck Deep are more likely.

Either way only a week and we will have two headliners confirmed!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FMcG88 said:

I think those are good shouts, though personally I would take Gaslight/Shikari/Frightened Rabbit MOF10thAnniversay over Neck Deep, but think Neck Deep are more likely.

That would be one hell of a 2000 Trees lineup for sure!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FMcG88 said:

I'd prefer that trio but I don't see them having two headliners on anniversary tours.

2 hours ago, FMcG88 said:

Maybe not Neck Deep if they are headlining third stage at download! 

I forgot about that, errrr...I guess it's not impossible. Twin Atlantic subbed the 2nd stage at Download in 2016 and still headlined Trees. I guess it comes down to if they want them or not. Other possibility is Frank Turner, it's been a while since he's played (well apart from that secret set 2 years ago) so I'd reckon he'd be up for it. Can certainly see a Mongol Horde set at least

1 hour ago, theramm said:

Thurs - The Offspring

Fri - Enter Shikari

Sat - Frank Turner

Surely not, all 3 of them are stronger than any previous headliners (or equal to in Franks case). It's what a 5k festival?

ATDI / Neck Deep / Frank Turner I think, maybe Gaslight if your lucky.

14 hours ago, LiamEP said:

How many of the smaller bands at download do people think could be crossing over, specifically bands like milkteeth, Boston Manor, WSTR, Knocked Loose and the likes  

Not many and if there are any it'll be pretty much be the British bands only (though I think Defeater did both in one year). Just depends on who is still around and trees wants