2000 Trees

Chavmeisterdeluxe

Think they're saying biggest headliner ever, and then clue is they're American, rather than just biggest American band they've had. Difference being whether to expect someone bigger than Alkaline Trio or bigger than Frank Turner. Really hoping for Gaslight now as that'd be perfect.

2 hours ago, jonday81 said:

Are we any closer to an announcement do we think?

Not many festivals announce right after Christmas/New Year, the logic being people don't have money to spend on tickets - whether that matters as much these days with instalment/deposit schemes, I'm not sure.  I'm guessing at least a couple more weeks of teasers, ticket sale details and then proper announcement towards the end of the month.  But I'd be glad to be proved wrong, I'm keen for the announcement.

I've just checked the website and ticket sales officially open again on 1 February, which suggests they'll announce it around then.  You can pre-register and pay a deposit which gets you access to the early bird price when they go on sale on 1 February, but if you don't pre-register the price is higher (though, this being 2000 Trees, there are bound to be offers and codes).

• Upvote 1

Made this line up prediction when I suddenly got very excited that I could go this year after getting the date of a wedding mixed up:

At The Drive-In
Wolf Alice
Arcane Roots

Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes
Jamie Lenman
Black Peaks
Milk Teeth
Brutus
Employed to Serve

Hundred Reasons
The Smith Street Band
De Staat
Vukovi
Press to Meco
Petrol Girls
--------
Frank Turner
Frightened Rabbit
Hell Is For Heroes
Brian Fallon
The Xcerts
Turbowolf
Ben Marwood
Fatherson
Delta Sleep

Manchester Orchestra
Future of the Left
Listener
Vex Red
PUP
Sorority Noise
Trash Boat
Tiny Moving Parts
Junior

Pinegrove
Black Foxxes
Slotface
Soeur
Axes
Wallflower
itoldyouiwouldeatyou
Fights and Fires
This Familiar Smile
------
Neck Deep
Against Me!
Creeper
Marmozets
Boston Manor
Tigers Jaw
Tellison
Superfood
Nervus

Every Time I Die
Mongol Horde
A
Defeater
The Number 12 Looks Like You
Astroid Boys
Car Bomb
Frontierer
Toy Mountains

Into It. Over It.
Julien Baker
Slaughter Beach, Dog
Wot Gorilla?
Gender Roles
Grumble Bee
Hannah Lou Clark
The Travis Waltons

On 03/01/2018 at 5:25 PM, BlackFoxx said:

Think they're saying biggest headliner ever, and then clue is they're American, rather than just biggest American band they've had. Difference being whether to expect someone bigger than Alkaline Trio or bigger than Frank Turner. Really hoping for Gaslight now as that'd be perfect.

They said in the Christmas update that "Not only have we gone and booked our biggest American headliners ever." so take that whatever way you want but it seems to me that it would suggest that they're not as big as Frank. Anyway I think you could make a case for ATDI or Gaslight being around the same size as Frank (I know they do play larger venues but Frank will literally do around 3-4 times more dates on a tour)

2 hours ago, Andrinald said:

Made this line up prediction when I suddenly got very excited that I could go this year after getting the date of a wedding mixed up:

At The Drive-In
Wolf Alice
Arcane Roots

Jamie Lenman
Black Peaks
Milk Teeth
Brutus
Employed to Serve

Hundred Reasons
The Smith Street Band
De Staat
Vukovi
Press to Meco
Petrol Girls
--------
Frank Turner
Frightened Rabbit
Hell Is For Heroes
Brian Fallon
The Xcerts
Turbowolf
Ben Marwood
Fatherson
Delta Sleep

Manchester Orchestra
Future of the Left
Listener
Vex Red
PUP
Sorority Noise
Trash Boat
Tiny Moving Parts
Junior

Pinegrove
Black Foxxes
Slotface
Soeur
Axes
Wallflower
itoldyouiwouldeatyou
Fights and Fires
This Familiar Smile
------
Neck Deep
Against Me!
Creeper
Marmozets
Boston Manor
Tigers Jaw
Tellison
Superfood
Nervus

Every Time I Die
Mongol Horde
A
Defeater
Astroid Boys
Car Bomb
Frontierer
Toy Mountains

Into It. Over It.
Julien Baker
Slaughter Beach, Dog
Wot Gorilla?
Gender Roles
Grumble Bee
Hannah Lou Clark
The Travis Waltons

This is far too strong of a line up, I would expect your undercard to be that good though I'd love to wrong on that one. Loads of acts could play higher up. Also doubt Pinegrove and Into It. Over It. would be booked after what came forward about them. I know they're still playing and doing festivals but I doubt that a festival that strives to be more progressive would book them.

20 minutes ago, WFD said:

Yeah bit too strong I reckon, and they tend to have a high proportion of debut acts.

They always get loads of repeat acts, infact I'd say it needs more Trees house bands

3 hours ago, Andrinald said:

At The Drive-In
Wolf Alice
Arcane Roots

Jamie Lenman
Black Peaks
Milk Teeth
Brutus
Employed to Serve

Hundred Reasons
The Smith Street Band
De Staat
Vukovi
Press to Meco
Petrol Girls
--------
Frank Turner
Frightened Rabbit
Hell Is For Heroes
Brian Fallon
The Xcerts
Turbowolf
Ben Marwood
Fatherson
Delta Sleep

Manchester Orchestra
Future of the Left
Listener
Vex Red
PUP
Sorority Noise
Trash Boat
Tiny Moving Parts
Junior

Pinegrove
Black Foxxes
Slotface
Soeur
Axes
Wallflower
itoldyouiwouldeatyou
Fights and Fires
This Familiar Smile
------
Neck Deep
Against Me!
Creeper
Marmozets
Boston Manor
Tigers Jaw
Tellison
Superfood
Nervus

Every Time I Die
Mongol Horde
A
Defeater
Astroid Boys
Car Bomb
Frontierer
Toy Mountains

Into It. Over It.
Julien Baker
Slaughter Beach, Dog
Wot Gorilla?
Gender Roles
Grumble Bee
Hannah Lou Clark
The Travis Waltons

Way too strong but on the other hand I would be very happy with this.

23 minutes ago, LiamEP said:

The line up announcement is coming at the end of this month acording to an email they sent out. Can’t wait for all my predictions to be proven wrong.

prices go up on feb 1st im pretty sure so hopefully i'll buy my tix in the few days between the announcement and then.

I'm thinking

Neck Deep

Gaslight Anthem

Rise Against

but i have no idea to be honest with this fest I just cant wait to find out

8 hours ago, Jack w said:

prices go up on feb 1st im pretty sure so hopefully i'll buy my tix in the few days between the announcement and then.

I'm thinking

Neck Deep

Gaslight Anthem

Rise Against

but i have no idea to be honest with this fest I just cant wait to find out

That was for early bird and they're all sold out. You can put a deposit on a ticket now from £1 and pay the 2017 prices (which lasts until March 1st). Though you only got 15 hours left for that but if you're dead set on going there is no harm in paying just £1 now. I put my £1 deposit down yesterday but I might have my graduation during 2000trees though that would only be a big deal if it was on the Friday or Saturday, I'd be prepared to go fro  my graduation to trees if it was the Thursday. 

1 minute ago, justanothername said:

That was for early bird and they're all sold out. You can put a deposit on a ticket now from £1 and pay the 2017 prices (which lasts until March 1st). Though you only got 15 hours left for that but if you're dead set on going there is no harm in paying just £1 now. I put my £1 deposit down yesterday but I might have my graduation during 2000trees though that would only be a big deal if it was on the Friday or Saturday, I'd be prepared to go fro  my graduation to trees if it was the Thursday. 

Yeah fair enough that’s a good idea cheers, I’ll most likely be going anyway.

Latest headliner prediction:

At The Drive In

Wolf Alice

Neck Deep

ATDI are playing 2 European festivals on Thursday and Friday, which would make sense for why this headliner would be on Thursday, going against the usual tradition.

Would also love Frightened Rabbit doing Midnight Organ Fight in full, Manchester Orchestra and Every Time I Die in terms of the bigger bands.

1 hour ago, Jack w said:

Yeah fair enough that’s a good idea cheers, I’ll most likely be going anyway.

Yeah it's worth it. I'd rather take a £1 hit rather than £15. Also they've just said on FB that they shut the deposit scheme but I just checked on their website and there are still a few hours. Oh, and regarding your headliners I think that only one of the headliners will be from the US, not two and I doubt that two of their headliners will be at Download. Can see only one at max. 

I'm going for

Gaslight Anthem/Frank Turner/Neck Deep

But difficult to say if Gaslight will play but given the Brian Fallon rumour I'm inclined to go with it and I can see them doing other EU fests like Mad Cool around the same time. 

10 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Think the best that could be hoped for is: 

Gaslight Anthem

Neck Deep

Frank Turner 

But could just as easily be something like: 

At The Drive In 

Maximo Park

You Me At Six

Snap :lol:

Really hope it's not the later

5 minutes ago, Andrinald said:

Latest headliner prediction:

At The Drive In

Wolf Alice

Neck Deep

ATDI are playing 2 European festivals on Thursday and Friday, which would make sense for why this headliner would be on Thursday, going against the usual tradition.

Would also love Frightened Rabbit doing Midnight Organ Fight in full, Manchester Orchestra and Every Time I Die in terms of the bigger bands.

That's a good point but I'm starting to think that Gaslight might play Mad Cool as well and were waiting on them to announce their comeback first before announcing them. 

4 minutes ago, Jack w said:

How many bands are there on at the same time as the headliner if any? 

Axiom headliner and like 2 Forest sets crossover 

They've said they're opening Main Stage on the Thursday to accommodate this big headliner so if it is Gaslight I expect them to play then.

Hell Is For Heroes have apparently given a hint on twitter that they're playing. Expect them to headline the Axiom.

Prediction 

Headliners - Gaslight Anthem/Neck Deep/Frank Turner

Elsewhere - Hell Is For Heroes, Creeper, Hot Water Music, Cancer Bats, Every Time I Die, Basement, WSS, Feed The Rhino, Get The Shot, The Bronx.