2000 Trees

Chavmeisterdeluxe

If you're going to take that whole Facebook post as a massive hint then I'd say Reel Big Fish but I'm guessing it's not. All we know it is a band bigger than The Front Bottoms, who I'd say is the biggest US band they've had with maybe Alkaline Trio behind them but given they haven't been properly active in a while it's hard to say how big they are, and probably by quite as well. Not sure who it could be but it could be anyone at this point.

Also, I'm going to throw the worlds biggest curveball and say Jawbreaker. They recently uploaded a photo of them practising again and are on good terms with each other it seems and are really over due a return. Though I'm going to point out all the flaws now to save you the effort. They were never really big over here in the first place and I doubt that time has changed that so can't see them even fulling the "biggest act ever" bit :P . Then again if it was kind of like a Riot Fest style deal with it being their first ever UK show since 1994 (I think so) and that's all the do then I could MAYBE see it working (gonna empathises the MAYBE part some more). All in all I think it's pretty much not going to be them all but hey, if by some miracle it happens I want to say I called it and it would be fucking awesome:lol: 

TL;DR - It's not going to be Jawbreaker, but I want it to be

30 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

In what universe are The Front Bottoms bigger booking than Alkaline Trio? 

A one where TFB are playing bigger venues than Alkaline Trio where before their last tour over here. Their last show over here was Trees and the festival has grown since then as well. Anyway I said maybe anyway as I wasn't sure myself. The last time they were active over here was at Trees so it's hard to tell and I don't think Matt being in blink has made them any bigger at all though. 

Edited by justanothername

18 hours ago, justanothername said:

A one where TFB are playing bigger venues than Alkaline Trio where before their last tour over here. Their last show over here was Trees and the festival has grown since then as well. Anyway I said maybe anyway as I wasn't sure myself. The last time they were active over here was at Trees so it's hard to tell and I don't think Matt being in blink has made them any bigger at all though. 

Image result for the front bottoms uk tour

Image result for the front bottoms uk tour

Image result for alkaline trio uk tour

??? 

Not really seeing any difference. Alkaline Trio would be able to do similar if not slightly bigger venues if they came back in 2018/19 as they've been away for so long. Not that fussed just thought it was really weird when thinking about the biggest American band they've booked that someone's first thought would be The Front Bottoms.

Could the other headliner be You Me At Six - announced for community fest today and not headlining so they must be willing to do smaller fests and take kinda small spots. You Me At Six and Rise Against or something would go down well I think, then just have heavier acts on the other stage to clash? 

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

If they draw as many people as they did at Reading they really shouldn't bother opening the main stage for them. I'm just gonna keep assuming it's At the Drive In and it's not it'll be a lovely surprise. Bought my tickets yesterday.

ATDI are very much a Trees band though, where as I don't think anyone at Reading gives a shit about them