2000 Trees

Chavmeisterdeluxe

37 minutes ago, Little Sparrow said:

What is everyone realistically hoping for in the coming announcement?

Seems certain that LTA are going to be the headliner which is somewhat disappointing, personally hoping for The Hotelier, Joyce Manor, Can't Swim, Marmozets, Casey, Free Throw and Creeper!

Christian from The Hotelier is doing a solo tour in June so maybe him if not the full band

6 hours ago, Little Sparrow said:

What is everyone realistically hoping for in the coming announcement?

Seems certain that LTA are going to be the headliner which is somewhat disappointing, personally hoping for The Hotelier, Joyce Manor, Can't Swim, Marmozets, Casey, Free Throw and Creeper!

Honestly I think you're expecting too many non British and Irish bands. There are a handful every year but the festival is still predominantly British and Irish bands so I wouldn't get too hopeful but Joyce Manor haven't been our here in a while and I missed The Hotelier in Jan because exams (they played the day before my final exam :P ) and Can't Swim have no touring activity after their Real Friends tour so we'll see about them. Marmozets probably won't play as they've gone on about R&L being their return to live music but not sure on the exclusivity of it all. Would love Casey and I reckon they'll play (which would be nice)

5 hours ago, evannn said:

Christian from The Hotelier is doing a solo tour in June so maybe him if not the full band

Is he? Can you show me a link please as I can't find anything and I'd like to least go to one of these shows

8 hours ago, justanothername said:

Is he? Can you show me a link please as I can't find anything and I'd like to least go to one of these shows

Maybe a bit of an assumption on my part. Emperor X is supporting him in Norwich 28th June (I know from a fb event) and Emperor X has a few surrounding UK dates on fb so I figured it was a little tour. 

If you're near York or Leicester might be worth having a look at the venue's website/fbIMG_3704.thumb.JPG.d013104bc1e70a843a72b23331750b28.JPG

28 minutes ago, evannn said:

Maybe a bit of an assumption on my part. Emperor X is supporting him in Norwich 28th June (I know from a fb event) and Emperor X has a few surrounding UK dates on fb so I figured it was a little tour. 

If you're near York or Leicester might be worth having a look at the venue's website/fbIMG_3704.thumb.JPG.d013104bc1e70a843a72b23331750b28.JPG

Oh shit yeah. These are so low key and not even on any of The Hotelier's social media. Could be up to something then. Nice spot. Though no idea of he's gonna be around in Germany (couldn't find an event page). Could be doing Glasto with those dates actually but I could see them doing trees as well if they were sticking around. 

Also he's doing York and so I presume Leicester but that's a bit far for me but we'll wait and see how this pans out because he's got to be here for more than that

They're announcing 18 acts, thought it'd be fun if we all had a guess at the acts they will announce! Deadline to get guesses in will be 5pm on Sunday.

I'm guessing:

Lower Than Atlantis, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Deaf Havana, SWMRS, Hacktivist, Dead!, Casey, Heck, Boston Manor, Milk Teeth, Arcane Roots, Fangclub, The Xcerts, Zoax, Gnarwolves, Blood Youth, Bury Tomorrow, Fatherson. 

2 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Gnarwoves are already there aren't they?

Missed that one. Corrected it below.

2 hours ago, Little Sparrow said:

They're announcing 18 acts, thought it'd be fun if we all had a guess at the acts they will announce! Deadline to get guesses in will be 5pm on Sunday.

I'm guessing:

Lower Than Atlantis, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Deaf Havana, SWMRS, Hacktivist, Dead!, Casey, Heck, Boston Manor, Milk Teeth, Arcane Roots, Fangclub, The Xcerts, Zoax, WSTR, Blood Youth, Bury Tomorrow, Fatherson. 

Copied a lot of bands from your own guess as I didn't have too many ideas and think a lot of them are likely. Gone with this though. 

Lower Than Atlantis
Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes
Deaf Havana
Letlive
Young Guns
Jaws
The Hotelier
Kevin Devine
The Xcerts
Dead!
Arcane Roots
Hacktivist
Roam
Trash Boat
 Allusondrugs
Alpha Male Tea Party
WSTR
Boston Manor

I'm rubbish at posting images on my phone but if anyone fancies knowing the announcement, the band Moses have kindly put it up early on their Facebook. 

Lower than Atlantis, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, Mallory Knox, The Menzingers, Honey Blood, Skinny Lister, Young Guns, Will Varley, Rolo Tomassi, Kevin Devine, Tall Ships, Roam, Puppy and then a couple of others who I can't work out if they've been announced already or not.

Edited by Chavmeisterdeluxe

25 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I'm rubbish at posting images on my phone but if anyone fancies knowing the announcement, the band Moses have kindly put it up early on their Facebook. 

Lower than Atlantis, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, Mallory Knox, The Menzingers, Honey Blood, Skinny Lister, Young Guns, Will Varley, Rolo Tomassi, Kevin Devine, Tall Ships, Roam, Puppy and then a couple of others who I can't work out if they've been announced already or not.

They've taken the image down, Dont suppose you could try to post the image?

• Downvote 1

Good announcement for me, back on track after the first one was a bit duff.

Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes are a bit small to be a headliner in my opinion, glad they're there but all the other three main ones are sort of Brixton level but Frank Carter isn't there quite yet as I'm seeing them in a 350 cap venue in next Sunday 

Edited by tyranicide

I reckon that looks as good or better than last year with a decent set of headliners. Not sure why they've gone down the co-headliner route either - makes the whole thing quite strange. From the way their website describes it, it seems like Nothing But Thieves will go on after Frank Carter which seems incredibly brave. I think if you replaced Slaves and Nothing But Thieves with bands that aren't seemingly popping up at every UK festival this summer then it would almost match last year. I'm not a massive Lower Than Atlantis fan but I would've thought having them headline outright would do more for their career/the festival long term than a co-headline with Slaves, but I suppose if they've seen LTA's live show recently, who could blame them for not trusting them to headline outright.

Not impressed by the headliners at all. Slaves and Lower Than Atlantis are rubbish. However, at least Slaves are decent live. LTA are quite possibly the worst band Ive seen live. Frank Carter is great and incredible live but too small for a headliner. Im slowly getting into Nothing But Thieves but they are definitely not a go to band. Only seen Mallory Knox once which was supporting Canterbury. They were great. Not good on record for me though. Will see them but bit of a rubbish way to close a day.

Thankfully the lower lineup saves the festival quite a bit. Some wonderful bands and the majority I havent seen many times live if at all. I'm tempted to go. A strong thursday lineup would definitely help. Bands like Creeper, Future of the Left, Turbowolf, Krokodil etc

Day Splits are up on the website:

THURSDAY
Mallory Knox / Pulled Apart By Horses / Young Guns / Dinosaur Pile Up / Feed the Rhino / ROAM / Muncie Girls / Black Foxxes / Tigercub / Puppy / Straight Lines / Grumble Bee / Bellevue Days / Jonah Matranga

FRIDAY
Nothing But Thieves / Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes / The Wonder Years / Jamie Lenman / Skinny Lister / Will Varley / Black Peaks / Queen Kwong / Brutus / Steven Battelle / Vukovi / De Staat / Tall Ships / Decade / Wallflower / wars / Greywind / Strange Bones / Making Monsters / Ducking Punches / Shvpes / Away Days / Milestones / Weirds / Personal Best / Cassels / Louise Distras / The St. Pierre Snake Invasion / Polary

SATURDAY
Slaves / Lower Than Atlantis / The Front Bottoms / The Menzingers / Honeyblood / Beach Slang / Gnarwolves / Kevin Devine / Rolo Tomassi / Area 11 / The One Hundred / Sløtface / The Hyena Kill / Get Inuit / Acres / Peaness / MOSES / Petrol Girls / Big Spring / Kamikaze Girls / Bad Sign / Doe / Fizzy Blood / Giants / Apologies, i have none / Sœur

7 hours ago, SOAD said:

Not impressed by the headliners at all. Slaves and Lower Than Atlantis are rubbish. However, at least Slaves are decent live. LTA are quite possibly the worst band Ive seen live. Frank Carter is great and incredible live but too small for a headliner. Im slowly getting into Nothing But Thieves but they are definitely not a go to band. Only seen Mallory Knox once which was supporting Canterbury. They were great. Not good on record for me though. Will see them but bit of a rubbish way to close a day.

Thankfully the lower lineup saves the festival quite a bit. Some wonderful bands and the majority I havent seen many times live if at all. I'm tempted to go. A strong thursday lineup would definitely help. Bands like Creeper, Future of the Left, Turbowolf, Krokodil etc

Creeper definitely won't be there due to Warped Tour 

2 hours ago, Gozpot said:

THURSDAY
Mallory Knox / Pulled Apart By Horses / Young Guns / Dinosaur Pile Up / Feed the Rhino / ROAM / Muncie Girls / Black Foxxes / Tigercub / Puppy / Straight Lines / Grumble Bee / Bellevue Days / Jonah Matranga

FRIDAY
Nothing But Thieves / Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes / The Wonder Years / Jamie Lenman / Skinny Lister / Will Varley / Black Peaks / Queen Kwong / Brutus / Steven Battelle / Vukovi / De Staat / Tall Ships / Decade / Wallflower / wars / Greywind / Strange Bones / Making Monsters / Ducking Punches / Shvpes / Away Days / Milestones / Weirds / Personal Best / Cassels / Louise Distras / The St. Pierre Snake Invasion / Polary

SATURDAY
Slaves / Lower Than Atlantis / The Front Bottoms / The Menzingers / Honeyblood / Beach Slang / Gnarwolves / Kevin Devine / Rolo Tomassi / Area 11 / The One Hundred / Sløtface / The Hyena Kill / Get Inuit / Acres / Peaness / MOSES / Petrol Girls / Big Spring / Kamikaze Girls / Bad Sign / Doe / Fizzy Blood / Giants / Apologies, i have none / Sœur

That Saturday looks very weak compared to last year.

2 hours ago, Gozpot said:

THURSDAY

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

Thursday is looking brilliant. Assuming Wonder Years and The Menzingers headlining the cave. Another guess at Jamie Lenman and The Front Bottoms third from top on main.

3 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Don't compare it then. They openly said they were spending more money on bands last year for their 10th year. There's still plenty more bands to come too.

That's fair I guess! You can;t help but compare but then that said I don't think there is a previous year I'd have chose to attend either.