Wireless Festival 2016

NickisGinger

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jesus that is a weak lineup. i was wondering who they were gonna get to headline as they'd seemingly used up all the big hitters over the previous few years but i thought they'd at least have The Weeknd and Macklemore headlining. BBK headlining is weird. that's gonna sell terribly

does make a case for The Weeknd and Macklemore being at Glastonbury though - the former of which i'd be happy about

Presumably the Saturday is where they had the troubles which led to it taking so long for them to announce anything, then.

EDIT: or the Sunday. Actually yeah probably more likely the Sunday.

Considering they had Kanye, Drake and Bruno Mars headline only two years ago that poster represents a hell of a decline in stature.

Edited by Zac Quinn

6 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

What ever happened to lineups like this? :( FYI tickets for Kygo are still available at Brixton for £20, weeks after their release.

wireless_festival_2007.jpg

i get that they tried to switch up their lineups to differentiate them from the overcrowded market, and it did fairly well for a couple of years, but clearly the list of acts who are big enough to headline that fall in to this market is pretty tiny and they've used them all up quickly and so they're left with bumping up acts who aren't close to being headliner level. the signs were there last year when they'd already started to use co-headliners. i doubt this will be lasting much longer without another drastic change

11 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

What ever happened to lineups like this? :( FYI tickets for Kygo are still available at Brixton for £20, weeks after their release.

wireless_festival_2007.jpg

That was around that time probably as good as it got, I was gutted after that I didn't really know about it. I doubt I'd have paid that for Kaisers though and Faithless would have made me question it.

38 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

He hasn't even got an album out. They had Kendrick last year in the same spot.

I'd say it's pretty obvious that they had someone cancel on them, even if that hadn't already been rumoured. From his tour dates I'd guess that'd be Macklemore, although we'll obviously never know.