Wireless Festival 2016

NickisGinger

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Nicki Minaj not headline this last year? Also I'm not sure if Rihanna would do this as well as Wembley.

Anyway, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis are in France around this weekend so they could be a decent shout for one of the days. Not sure they're big enough to headline outright but subbing or maybe as a co-headliner.

I was actually thinking Calvin Harris would be headlining. 

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not even sure that Wireless is still happening. A couple of the big bods who worked on this recently moved on to another companty, which suggested to me that LN have decided to end Wireless - tho that is only assumption.

Oh. 

After my experience at Wireless last year I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen this year. It was such a mess. However, if it does go ahead, like FloorFiller said there isn't a huge headliner pool for them to choose from. I'd have to go with something like Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (co-headline) The Weeknd (co-headline) // Pendulum // Calvin Harris.

I was leaning more towards it not happening, definitely not at Finsbury park anyway after last year. Their social media accounts have mentioned a 2016 event precisely twice since last year's event,one the Monday after, and once on new years day.

Also I think I'm right in thinking Chris Brown is banned from the UK on account of being an absolute arsehole right? 

Edited by Chavmeisterdeluxe

I was just looking on the Facebook page and someone posted this;

"Oi Oi !! I'm seeing unconfirmed £70 Gen admission  tickets to be held at The Olympic Park Stratford for the 1st - 3rd July 2016. Can someone official please confirm."

I wouldn't mind if goes back to the Olympic Park, I quite enjoyed there, although them dates are quite early. I'm sure we will find out soon. 

If it goes back to the Olympic Park, I'd be bet on it being in the stadium, at least the main stage as most of the other big flat areas are gone now. Could have a mix of both with a few tents outside the stadium where they have fanzones for sports events, would be a weird setup though.

On 12 January 2016 at 4:08 PM, JackTheReadingGoer said:

I attended for the first time this year for the Drake date, wasnt too impressed watching people hop the fence for free, a lot of fighting, wasn't exactly the vibe I was expecting... Whats the difference at the Olympic Park?

I kind of think there's no difference, I've been Wireless 3 times (2012, 2013 & 2015) and read about how bad the crowd have been etc, but luckily haven't actually witnessed anything bad, no fighting or anything. I suppose it's just luck. 

This is the bit I find most interesting, Neil do you know much about this?

Simon Farrow later confirmed that all six events had been withdrawn from the application sent in error, but he also confirmed that Wireless Festival in Finsbury Park  would be delivered by Festival Republic (owned by Live Nation) and not Live Nation and that all Live Nation Festivals are now under the control of Festival Republic.

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 4:08 PM, JackTheReadingGoer said:

I attended for the first time this year for the Drake date, wasnt too impressed watching people hop the fence for free, a lot of fighting, wasn't exactly the vibe I was expecting... Whats the difference at the Olympic Park?

There's no real access point for fence jumpers, pretty much entirely surrounded by blocks of flats, other buildings. Problem with Finsbury is the guys were coming up and over the fence and just running straight into crowds of people and the security guys had no chance.

14 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

This is the bit I find most interesting, Neil do you know much about this?

I didn't before I read that piece, tho it does explain why LN have recently binned their Wireless top-bods - which is why I'd been thinking that Wireless probably wasn't happening this year.

After reading that piece I checked FR's website and it now lists both Wireless and Download as FR festivals (both were previously under LN), so that seems to confirm what that piece is saying.