Self Confirmed 2016

JoeyT

I did see John Otway, and I had chance to ask if he'd be there this year. Well, I say I had chance, what I mean is I was pissed and rambled some nonsense at him about Glastonbury, he said they usually play on the Friday or Saturday in the Caberet tent and probably will this year. Not his actual words, but something along those lines! 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, lucyginger said:

I did see John Otway, and I had chance to ask if he'd be there this year. Well, I say I had chance, what I mean is I was pissed and rambled some nonsense at him about Glastonbury, he said they usually play on the Friday or Saturday in the Caberet tent and probably will this year. Not his actual words, but something along those lines! 

thanks - tho he's almost always there anyway, it's something just about anyone could have guessed right.

Just now, eFestivals said:

Just spotted this:-
http://www.pollstar.com/resultsArtist.aspx?ID=308636&SearchBy=Bixiga%2070

Bixiga 70

I know nothing about them, but they're looking like a West Holts act to me.

I spotted that as you did on Pollstar a while back, looked into it and all I could find was a Brazilian Rolling Stone article that said there's no signed contract but they've spoken to them, so I didn't offer it up as a self confirmation. They do seem like a WH act, you're right.

1 minute ago, TheBoz said:

This was retweeted by the verified Skepta twitter account last night. I know it doesn't necessarily confirm him but it could mean that he has accepted a slot to play

There's plenty of people retweet stuff of no relevance, take Rivers Cuomo as a great example

I think it's fair to say that Skepta won't be playing on the pyramid 

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

There's plenty of people retweet stuff of no relevance, take Rivers Cuomo as a great example

I think it's fair to say that Skepta won't be playing on the pyramid 

'Main stage Glastonbury' can mean one of the main stages though, can't it? So like Pyramid, Other, West Holts, John Peel sort of thing. Would've thought he'd be graduating onto those this year anyway so I wouldn't be surprised if that's gospel.

Just now, dentalplan said:

'Main stage Glastonbury' can mean one of the main stages though, can't it? So like Pyramid, Other, West Holts, John Peel sort of thing. Would've thought he'd be graduating onto those this year anyway so I wouldn't be surprised if that's gospel.

Yep I definitely expect to see him, more than likely in JP, that's my guess anyway

But that tweet would definitely suggest the main stage (pyramid) 

45 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Just spotted this:-
http://www.pollstar.com/resultsArtist.aspx?ID=308636&SearchBy=Bixiga%2070

Bixiga 70

I know nothing about them, but they're looking like a West Holts act to me.

Added these to the playlist - if you like Afrobeat (as you really should), they're well worth a listen:

I don't know if this is who Brave Sir Robin was talking about but saw this on fb

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1003002069722470&id=871950469494298

Edited by craigyb31
Silly phone

17 minutes ago, craigyb31 said:

I don't know if this is who Brave Sir Robin was talking about but saw this on fb

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1003002069722470&id=871950469494298

Yes - that's who @chazwwe posted about above. Their more recent stuff seems more electronic than that video, mind.