Self Confirmed 2016

JoeyT

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing "a very bracing time slot", highly acclaimed electronica composer Anna Meredith.

Martin Glover aka Youth opening the Experimental Sound Field and "playing another set in a tree", presumably Spike.

Young Londoners Victoria

Family friendly raves from Big Fish Little Fish

Added to the Glastonbury 2016 playlist

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

7 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Playing "a very bracing time slot", highly acclaimed electronica composer Anna Meredith.

Martin Glover aka Youth

Young Londoners Victoria

Family friendly raves from Big Fish Little Fish

Added to the Glastonbury 2016 playlist

I've done a Big Fish Little Fish rave with my three yr old. Fairly mental having banging tunes in the middle of the day with loads of kids around and everyone straight.

5 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I thought so, and yes, I read that as meaning very early. Maybe opening the Park, or possibly JP, one day.

Just looked on the website to see if there's any indication of what day she can play and the actual damn thing is there - 25th June on West Holts Stage.

I had thought WH at first but remembered some of her stuff is guitarry and abrasive so thought Park, but nope. Should be cracking anyway.

Edited by dentalplan

41 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Don't think I've ever listened to Anna Meredith before but Foals used that song above as intro music for their Holy Fire tour didn't they? I'm sure that's where I recognise it from anyway.

I went to that tour and I'm wondering how the fuck you remember what music they walked out to haha. Unless you went to a few nights. 

5 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I went to that tour and I'm wondering how the fuck you remember what music they walked out to haha. Unless you went to a few nights. 

Well I went to two but no idea if that was it for both, I just remember liking it but had no idea who it was by.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

never heard of her before the announcement but seems like something i'd be interested in, and early doors means less chance of clashes. i'll be there!

Haha, you're right! Didn't have any idea how the song sounded, but after a second I remembered.

On 5/25/2016 at 11:26 AM, Scruffylovemonster said:

Crow's Nest? 

Ref: Beak>

I remember the Geoff Barrow interview on 6Music when he self confirmed - he said they were 'playing down a hole somewhere'. 

That may well have been an off the cuff remark, rather than a specific indication of stage. 

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Does seem to indicate Rabbit hole though. Never been in there really so may pay a visit, clashes depending

I've not managed to get in there yet either - this would be a good one to beak the duck. 

Edited by Titters
See what I did there.

On 28 May 2016 at 2:47 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

An instant must-see for me. Another West Holts defo added to the list! STUNNING RECORD!

Already contemplating a vinyl purchase.

God, I frickin' love this forum.

:)

Magnificent work, as ever, BSR... (even though, as discussed, I don't really 'do' Spotify!)

Ben

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Nautilus is a majestic, world-beating banger. 

Really hoping that if she's a stage opener that it doesn’t clash with the lads from the Levant.

Syrian national orchestra are on friday morning. She'll be saturday morning :)