Self Confirmed 2016

JoeyT

48 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Doubt it. Don't they have an album coming out? They probably want to play the songs properly. 

I know I've only seen one band in Acoustic, but despite the venue name, Stornoway were just as plugged in in there last year as they always are!

And the sound was fantastic. I'm no fan of Travis, but I reckon that would suit them to a T.

Ben

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You're all weird. That new song is better than the dreary rubbish they churned out in their heydey. Seriously, it's my new favourite Travis song. Not that I was a big fan back in the day mind.

Sounds like something Paul Simon could have written in the 80s, not a bad thing.

Now listen again with your hats off.

Have you all confused a bright video with a song that is noticeably inferior to their earlier work?  The song's not particularly remarkable in any way to me.  Try listening to the song without watching the video and you'll all realise it's fine.  

I always find that if lots of people disagree with me, it's because I'm totally right and they're all mad.  Not that I'm missing anything ;)

17 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Have you all confused a bright video with a song that is noticeably inferior to their earlier work?  The song's not particularly remarkable in any way to me.  Try listening to the song without watching the video and you'll all realise it's fine.  

I always find that if lots of people disagree with me, it's because I'm totally right and they're all mad.  Not that I'm missing anything ;)

Took your advice and listened on Spotify - don't see what the problem is, it's nothing special but certainly not worth the abuse it's got on here! 

3 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

Took your advice and listened on Spotify - don't see what the problem is, it's nothing special but certainly not worth the abuse it's got on here! 

Exactly  It's a Travis song!  At least when another bland band decided to do something more interesting, I could see why there were objections: