Self Confirmed 2016

JoeyT

16 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Ben Miller Band playing Avalon Stage. With that name I thought they'd be a comedy troupe who do a cover of 'The Joker', but apparently they play "North Mississippi Hill Country blues, Appalachian mountain music, bluegrass, or pure country" and have toured with ZZ Top. Added to the playlist.

Add me to the Interested list also.  Really enjoyed the Mississippi All-Stars a couple of years ago (and just heard some bluegrass watching Justified)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I will also check out the Ben Miller Band.  That's whats great about this forum, bands that you would not normally hear about or give a second thought to (because of ignorance) are described and it tweaks your interest.  The Avalon is also one of my favourite areas, so hopefully it fits nicely within the schedule.

17 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Was there not info a few weeks ago about Catfish playing third down on Friday Other stage?

No, there was just info of them playing 3rd down one day and Friday/Sunday are only one's possible. It's looking a little like Catfish and The Lumineers 3rd down though, the latter do have a lot of fans but I don't expect subbing. 

Remember it was said ELO were doing a sunset slot by some reporting but its actually the Legenda slot.

19 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

No, there was just info of them playing 3rd down one day and Friday/Sunday are only one's possible. It's looking a little like Catfish and The Lumineers 3rd down though, the latter do have a lot of fans but I don't expect subbing. 

Remember it was said ELO were doing a sunset slot by some reporting but its actually the Legenda slot.

LCD Soundsystem, Bastille, The Lumineers

New Order, Chvrches, The 1975

Bring me the horizon, PJ Harvery, Catfish and the Bottlemen.

How very exciting!

Still wouldn't surprise me to see Bastille 3rd on the Pyramid

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Ah, that makes sense. Friday for Lumineers, Sunday for Catfish then. 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

LCD Soundsystem, Bastille, The Lumineers

New Order, Chvrches, The 1975

Bring me the horizon, PJ Harvery, Catfish and the Bottlemen.

How very exciting!

Still wouldn't surprise me to see Bastille 3rd on the Pyramid

19 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Ah, that makes sense. Friday for Lumineers, Sunday for Catfish then. 

Looking likely to be these I reckon. Catfish into PJ on Sunday will do just fine. Not greatly bothered by the rest though.

Can be have Y&Y below below Catfish, great run.

Edited by thewayiam

6 minutes ago, Thevorpalblade said:

Was excited.... '49 pages of self confirmed!'. I wonder who's appearing now?

Am disappointed.... Turns out that most of this is 'chit-chat'.

Perhaps, next year, we can have two threads.... "Self Confirmed" and "Chit-Chat About Self Confirmed".

so this thread should be only posts about self confirmed acts, and then we should create a whole new thread to talk about said self confirmed acts? that seems dumb and far more annoying than having one thread for all of the above

although maybe in the future the OP can take it upon themselves to make a list of all self confirmed acts in their first post for people who only want to see them and none of anybody's excitement towards the acts

37 minutes ago, Thevorpalblade said:

Was excited.... '49 pages of self confirmed!'. I wonder who's appearing now?

Am disappointed.... Turns out that most of this is 'chit-chat'.

Perhaps, next year, we can have two threads.... "Self Confirmed" and "Chit-Chat About Self Confirmed".

Sorry, but you've gone off-topic there. If you want to discuss that sort of thing, please make another thread.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin