Self Confirmed 2016

JoeyT

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Say what you like about Catfish

What an opportunity. Thank you. C&TB are almost unbelievably uninspiring and average. They are almost semi-competent musicians. Menswear for the 2010s. It's an absolute travesty that they will be performing at Glastonbury. They seem like nice chaps.

Unless you meant the actual creature, in which case they're much more dangerous than they look.

1 hour ago, DGrant261 said:

I was still thinking PJ 3rd down with Tame Impala subbing BMTH and Years & Years 4th down on the Friday. Anything to cling onto hope of Tame Impala playing basically

Surely the only stage Tame Impala subbing would be on the Pyramid? Easily big enough to top the Other based on their Ally Pally efforts.

3 hours ago, big__phil said:

Surely the only stage Tame Impala subbing would be on the Pyramid? Easily big enough to top the Other based on their Ally Pally efforts.

I'd argue they're about the same size as Pixies, Paulo Nutini or Jamie T when they subbed it

1 hour ago, DGrant261 said:

I'd argue they're about the same size as Pixies, Paulo Nutini or Jamie T when they subbed it

I'd argus they are bigger than Jamie T but not quite that next level. I don't see why there can't be an act that can fit in Other sub tba though, it has happened.

24 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

C'mon guys Tame Impala are clearly a 3rd on Pyramid/Other headliner act

Except 3rd on Pyramid isn"t an Other stage headline act.

15 minutes ago, SG87 said:

Smashing news regarding Catfish. Seen them on Monday night,   personally think they're brilliant live!

Yup, I think Van McCann will prove to be a top front man in the next few years, already got it on stage.

9 hours ago, jpcl09 said:

Does anyone think Lianne La Havas is awaiting a confirmation? She's opening for Coldplay's tour, and is free two of the days over Glastonbury. 

Although she was excellent last year I doubt it since it would largely be the same set

Garage and grime DJ/composer - Preditah

Ambient/experimental producer - Kayla Painter

Edinburgh DJ - DJ Jigsaw

House and techno artists - Solardo

Exeter Americana trio - Wildwood Kin

'Full Power Party Music' - Duncan Disorderly & the Scallywags

Electronic band led by Manc composer Joe Duddell - Stella Martyr

Leeds klezmer band - Tantz

Irish singer - Lisa Lambe

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Edinburgh DJ - DJ Jigsaw

So we now have both PJ & Duncan?

RHUUUUUUUMBLEEEEEE

*gets coat*

54 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Edinburgh DJ - DJ Jigsaw

Good digging Dents.

21 minutes ago, theouterlimits said:

Kind of is though, isn't it. Think it's generally received wisdom that Alt-J may have headlined Other last year but in actual fact played 3rd on Pyramid.

Received by who? Alt-J weren't headlining Other lasr year....that was just the warped minds of some on here lol. LCD would sub Pyramid, New Order, BMTH, The Chem Bros, Deadmau5/Ben Howard. Rudimental beìng the probably exception. The Prodigy before etc.

The Alt. J thing from last year sums up this board. A band a large number of people on here like automatically start to be touted as being in positions far higher than they should. I really tried with Alt. J but musically I just could not get into them and I actually though 3rd down on the Pyramid was too high for them and thought they would die a death on there, particularly post - Lionel. I didn't hang around long enough to find out or to see what size crowd they got or to see whether that was a justified position. If someone could let me know who was there as I just didn't think their music would translate very well on the Pyramid.

Back to the point, for all their fans on efests (I am one of them) there is no way that Tame Impala are Pyramid subs. Subbing or 3rd on the Other is about right.  I really don't see them as being any higher on the bill or any more popular than Maccabees last year.