Self Confirmed 2016

JoeyT

I don't trust bst, also isn't there a grey area of whether other festivals consider Glastonbury when talking about exclusives, cause of it selling out before line up.  

like for example Flylo last year was said to be UK exclusive for bestival
" a UK exclusive from unique beat sculptor Flying Lotus "
http://2014.bestival.net/news/first-2015-acts-to-feel-the-love-unveiled

probably just wishful thinking though

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, supreme said:

My friend is mates with a few members of Blossoms, he said they're playing. I'm not sure on this part aswell but he said that New Order and Kendrick were headlining other, but i'm not sure on that

Also have a friend in the same situation, just said that they were playing Glastonbury and T in the park.

22 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Kendrick on Sunday opposite Coldplay would work in every bloody way. Make it so. 

I presume we'd be thinking Other?

However, wouldn't he be even better in the little oasis of loveliness that is West Holts? And, in fact, more in keeping with the history and spirit of WH/JW and its diversity?

That would be a brilliant end to the festival...!

Ben

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

However, wouldn't he be even better in the little oasis of loveliness that is West Holts? And, in fact, more in keeping with the history and spirit of WH/JW and its diversity?

Ben

Way too big. Other Headliner or Pyramid sub, if he doesn't do it this year he'll headline next time he plays imo.

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

If he played I'd personally expect Pyramid sub. I only suggested Other headliner as the guy a few posts previously had heard him and New Order were headlining the Other Stage.

20 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

If he played I'd personally expect Pyramid sub. I only suggested Other headliner as the guy a few posts previously had heard him and New Order were headlining the Other Stage.

Well, assuming there was no amazing headliner elsewhere - esp. The Park, which is extremely possible given the bands currently active this year - I'd happily close my festival in Kendrick's company.

Ben

Kendrick's big enough to headline now. There's virtual consensus from the music press that TPAB was the best album of last year. But he's still accepting sub slots - see BST. The lowest possible billing I can see for him is Other headliner, and that's only if there's a big pull on the Pyramid - Adele or something. I think I'd rather see him headline the Other than sub the Pyramid, just because I always find sub slots a bit weird. There tends to be a mix of people who are there for the act that's actually playing and those that are completely uninterested and just waiting for the headliner. Makes for an odd vibe sometimes, idk. 

6 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

Kendrick's big enough to headline now. There's virtual consensus from the music press that TPAB was the best album of last year. But he's still accepting sub slots - see BST. The lowest possible billing I can see for him is Other headliner, and that's only if there's a big pull on the Pyramid - Adele or something. I think I'd rather see him headline the Other than sub the Pyramid, just because I always find sub slots a bit weird. There tends to be a mix of people who are there for the act that's actually playing and those that are completely uninterested and just waiting for the headliner. Makes for an odd vibe sometimes, idk. 

Other headliner opposite Coldplay on the Sunday is the perfect slot tbh, especially as we seem to know New Order are headlining the Other on Saturday.

Kendrick subbed by BMTH opposite Coldplay subbed by Ellie Goulding. Perfect (not that I'd be anywhere near BMTH).

yeah I mean I'd certainly go for that, but really I think he is too big for the Other. I guess it's not beyond the realm of possibility, but I just had a quick scan over the Other headliners from the last few years and he is a fair bit bigger than most of them. Then again, he's only become mainstream big over the last year or so, and he hasn't done much in the UK over that time period, so it's a little hard to tell. 

and whoever downvoted my post above: you're a cool guy! 

24 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

A couple of good friends of mine interviewed The Strypes at their gig earlier this evening. When asked about Glasto they said theyre going to be playing the Pyramid this year :)

that's surprising if true. i thought everybody stopped giving a shit about them once they got over the fact they're a bit young. something tells me they were being a little tongue in cheek

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The acts on the reserve sheet get rewarded with a slot the following year if they replace someone, don't they? I'm sure I've heard that but I can't think who I can give as an example other than Twin Atlantic 2014/2015.

who did The Strypes replace? Azalea Banks was it?