Y NOT FESTIVAL 2016

MommaSoph

6 hours ago, Chaarlie said:

Looks like a headliner and sub still to come so Manics into faithless maybe? Does anyone know when they'll anounce the next wave?

I really hope you are right with the Faithless suggestion. It would make my year! Manics would also go down a treat.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, lazzareo said:

Any idea when the next wave of acts will be announced?

It was middle of March last year, which is roughly in line with several others. I see one or two have announced their first acts earlier this year so YN might be sooner

Edited by glastobuds
Revision

Well James Bay is doing boardmasters in August so he might do a few festivals especially because boardmasters is in newquey as well it wouldn't be so bad if he did a northen festival. 

Would be great if they went all out and got somebody like the prodigy. With Noel and the prodigy that would really compete with the big boys then have a newer artist like James Bay, last shadow puppets, Maccabees 

Faithless are playing loads of festivals in the UK at the moment, I feel like Noel is their big headliner this year, no way it'll be the Prodigy, I'd say its all but confirmed Dizzie Rascal since hes at tramlines, James Bay is unlikely to play smaller fests after how big hes got I think but I'd love to be proved wrong. Slaves would be a nice one to add, they've played before and they're at every other UK festival this year.

Does anybody here know when shuttle bus times/prices are usually announced? Or does anybody have a shuttle bus timetable from last year, are they fairly regular?

Will need to book trains from Edinburgh sometime soon when they go on sale and don't want to book a train and then there not be a shuttle bus anytime near when I arrive and have to jump a cab.

They usually have atleast one dance headliner so I'd expect it to be a dance act but if not it'll probably be a current artist. It won't be another oldie, I don't think considering the other two are Noel and Madness who appeal to an older audience anyway

I think it'll either be Bastille or Chemical Brothers

Edited by oneoftherest

I'd say the same Craig, but Dizzee is doing the smaller ones of the count of ten. I.E Tramlines (£35 for a weekend ticket) 

Also its only been 2 years, that'd be a bit odd

My picks are one of Jake Bugg, Bastille,Chemcical Brothers, Faithless or Kaiser Chiefs. Just from looking at other festivals and making a guess.