Y NOT FESTIVAL 2016

MommaSoph

23 minutes ago, liam_king_ said:

Going on last year, the allotment and main stage are in the same field so you can be listening to a band on the main stage then turn round and go into the tent. From the allotment to the giant squid its roughly 2 minutes and from the Allotment to the quarry its about 5-10 depending on how many beers you've had.

Ideal as going by my predicted stage times the tightest times between bands are between Main Stage and The Allotment!  Thanks very much, was there anywhere to buy camping chairs on site last year?  If so, how much did they cost roughly?

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 18/07/2016 at 5:12 PM, Born in the fifties said:

Recommendations for the Allotment stage, anyone?

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/16/160718a.shtml

I definitely want to see Black Honey and Asylums, who I haven't seen before; and The Vryll Society, who I have seen a couple of times and would strongly recommend.  Also having just got back from Latitude and seen Broken Witt Rebels there, I now need to make sure I'm at Y Not early on the Thursday to kick the music off with them at 13:30.

Black Honey definitely worth a watch.

You have me intrigued about Broken Witt Rebels. I know that it should be all about the music but I am instantly turned off a band being "broken" as a PR/branding experiment.

Interesting to hear they are good. If I get there early enough I shall try and leave my prejudice at the gate!

edited once for typo

Edited by ciderbus

On 12/07/2016 at 2:08 PM, AldoTVAOF said:

Is it possible to buy camping chairs on site?  If so how much do they cost, roughly? 

From memory there was definitely at least one camping stall last year, maybe two.

No idea of prices I'm afraid.

I'm not far way and driving. If you are desperate let me know your price range/limit and I'll try to pick one up for you and bring it along. Not many great shops near me though but could definitely get something that would last the weekend.

Would have to arrange beforehand though as the phone reception there is non existent. Otherwise...its been dry for two whole days so you could always sit on the floor.:)

10 hours ago, ciderbus said:

From memory there was definitely at least one camping stall last year, maybe two.

No idea of prices I'm afraid.

I'm not far way and driving. If you are desperate let me know your price range/limit and I'll try to pick one up for you and bring it along. Not many great shops near me though but could definitely get something that would last the weekend.

Would have to arrange beforehand though as the phone reception there is non existent. Otherwise...its been dry for two whole days so you could always sit on the floor.:)

Thanks for the offer, I think I'll just slump it and bring one down myself after thinking about it I'm sure I'll manage!

Cheers again!

Cannot wait for next week now, Milburn and The Coral on Thursday will be a great way to kick off the festival!

On 18/07/2016 at 11:00 PM, xxtinkerbellxx said:

Its 25,000 this year... had my breakfast cooked by the boss at Truck this morning!

You're not wrong! 

Confirmed in a press release today that it's 25,000

11th edition of the Derbyshire party to welcome a sold out crowd of 25,000 plus Editors, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, Madness and much more

@eFestivals / @5co77ie sorry to give you more work! but your capacity on the latest Y Not articles and page needs updating. Still have 8,000. 

Jesus thats a 10,000 increase from last year. To hopes the site as expanded. 

1 hour ago, craigb said:

You're not wrong! 

@eFestivals / @5co77ie sorry to give you more work! but your capacity on the latest Y Not articles and page needs updating. Still have 8,000. 

That is mental, if it is true???  two thirds more people than last year?  And we picked ynot because Kendal massively increased the numbers but not the site......

2 hours ago, Dazoodo07 said:

That is mental, if it is true???  two thirds more people than last year?  And we picked ynot because Kendal massively increased the numbers but not the site......

Def true. @xxtinkerbellxx heard it from a festie boss. And it's in an official press release from this morning. But they have taken a step up with headliners this year imo. Especially with Noel and Editors.

They have introduced some new stages/areas and have new "VIP" area so the site looks to be expanding.  

Time will tell. But liked how small and intimate this festival has been in prev years. Still tiny compared to the likes of Glasto, Reading, V, BoomTown, etc

Really looking forward to Y Not. 

Just got a couple of questions.

How quiet is the quiet camping field? Is it really quiet or just less rowdy then the main sites? Are the main sites as rowdy as Leeds etc? 

Are there decent drinks available on the site? Not just overly expensive lager?

And are there plenty of food outlets? For example not just burger vans? 

51 minutes ago, Pigeon Detective said:

Really looking forward to Y Not. 

Just got a couple of questions.

How quiet is the quiet camping field? Is it really quiet or just less rowdy then the main sites? Are the main sites as rowdy as Leeds etc? 

Are there decent drinks available on the site? Not just overly expensive lager?

And are there plenty of food outlets? For example not just burger vans? 

Camp sites not as rowdy or boisterous as Leeds. Although the increase in capacity and a few of the acts on the line up may bring a few more of that type of crowd. It's more laid back than Leeds.

Great beer / ale selection at y not. One of the bar tents has quite a lot to choose from pale ale to darker. Less than 4.50 a pint as well if I remember rightly from last year. A mini set up on main bar with ales as well, but not as many as the tent. 

Food selection OK. There is enough on offer not just burgers and chips. 

Hi All

I have a few questions sorry.

Are the showers good at Y NOT?

Are they communal??

How close is campsite to the venue, and can u take your own booze in arena?

Are the camp sites safe ?

23 hours ago, craigb said:

You're not wrong! 

thanks - i guess they have to pay for Noel Gallagher somehow

On 22/07/2016 at 10:43 AM, MommaSoph said:

Hi Alland can u take your own booze in arena?

Officially not. Last time they seemed a bit less concerned about people having their own booze around the other stages but were checking more as you went into the main arena.

7 minutes ago, ciderbus said:

Officially not. Last time they seemed a bit less concerned about people having their own booze around the other stages but were checking more as you went into the main arena.

So, are there different entrances like towards different stages? Any tips for sneaking cans in? Obviously if you don't want to tip off the security DM me haha. 

15 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

So, are there different entrances like towards different stages? Any tips for sneaking cans in? Obviously if you don't want to tip off the security DM me haha. 

The arena area has been split into two. Two entrances,  with a path down the middle that leads to car park and campsites. If I remember correctly one side has the main stage, a large tent stage and the most eating areas with big bar. The other side as the most tent stages and nightlife areas. And the other attractions such as roller disco. 

It might be different this year with the expansion and new stages/tents though.

Security always seemed tighter on the main stage side