Camping Alone? Join us

Scull99

13 hours ago, bethannny said:

All under control good sir B)

I'm going to give Han a bit of TLC and bring him (and Fluff's flagpole!) along with me. Then come and see you guys for the handover. And a drink and a catch up, of course!

Hi Bethannny! You can keep hold of my pole if you wish!! I'll bring a newer longer version....

Edited by fluff164

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, damnfinecoffee said:

Hello!  I've just been alerted to this camping thread after joining efestivals as i'll be camping alone at Glasto for the first time this year which feels a little daunting. I'm interested in joining you guys is thats ok?! :)

Always room for one more. Probably best to pm Scull99, the glorious starter of this thread, but basically if we go along the same lines as last year there will be a group of us camping in Darble where there is plenty of room for all. 

Edited by tjamest

9 hours ago, Sophie London said:

Hello!  Just been alerted to this glorious thread! Im Sophie from London,  a glastonbury virgin and going solo. I will be taking the couch on Thursday. Would love to join solo campers :)

Hope there is a place for me!

Sofa so good....

After a late withdrawal, it looks like I'll be heading down on my own now (I have no doubt a good time will still be had). Saying that it would be great to get to know a few people heading down, and get involved in a group campsite.

Let me know if its cool to get involved.

Im in a fairly similar situation to everyone as my friend has cancelled on me but I didn't want to pass up the chance of going to Glastonbury! I will probably be arriving some time on Thursday. As this is my first time at Glastonbury, or any festival for that matter, I was wondering if I could join whatever you have going on here? ☺️

Do you mind me asking how many people look set to camp with camp solo as new comers? I understand some of you camped together last year which is cool, but would like to be meeting a decent amount of people in the same situation as myself(not knowing anyone else in the group).

50 campers is a lot!:)

I'll be travelling alone this year and love the idea of meeting up with other solo festie goers. I'm keeping Camp Solo in mind although I'm unsure if I want to be camping further in and just looking at the different sites at the moment. If anybody is doing the same give me a shout.

Joe.. One of my main hesitations to getting involved was that the campsite seemed a bit too remote compared to where I'd normally choose to go.. These days Kidney Mead would be my preferred camping field all things being equal. But now that I've got used to the idea of camping a bit further out, it's had some positive knock ons - mainly that I've been able to rethink my arrival plans and will be able to get a full sleep on Tuesday night / Wednesday morning and arrive with a lot less hassle / rush as no need to get up at stupid o'clock to get on site first thing.

42 minutes ago, incident said:

Joe.. One of my main hesitations to getting involved was that the campsite seemed a bit too remote compared to where I'd normally choose to go.. These days Kidney Mead would be my preferred camping field all things being equal. But now that I've got used to the idea of camping a bit further out, it's had some positive knock ons - mainly that I've been able to rethink my arrival plans and will be able to get a full sleep on Tuesday night / Wednesday morning and arrive with a lot less hassle / rush as no need to get up at stupid o'clock to get on site first thing.

I definitely hear what you're saying mate and I'm honestly thinking along the same lines. I've always camped in Pennards and I spend a lot of time in the Park/Green Futures/West Holts so Darble is pretty much as far as it gets away. Saying that I don't spend much time at the tent anyway so theoretically it shouldn't matter but it would be nice not to have an hours walk at the end of the night too. Still got plenty of time to come to a decision mind.:)

Hi All,

Thank you all for your messages. Just a reminder, if you are thinking of going on your own to Glastonbury, please send me a message and I will get you added to our whatsapp group initially so you can talk to all the guys/girls in the group.

We have approx. 50 people ranges from ages 18-50+.

Not long to go now folks :)

Thanks

Scully

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 4:33 PM, TheodorHinz said:

Hey, 

This will be my first time to Glasto and as none of my friends made the effort to get a ticket I will be heading for the festival on my own. Any chance I could join you merry people?

More the merrier - If it is similar to last year there was plenty of room for all

I've been let down by a friend, do will be on my own with my teen.... Really would love to find people in a similar position.... I'm no glasto virgin but have always gone with mates before.. Adult company would be amazing!!! Even better if they had a kid for mine to befriend!!!! 

Edited by A.brownie

13 minutes ago, A.brownie said:

I've been let down by a friend, do will be on my own with my teen.... Really would love to find people in a similar position.... I'm no glasto virgin but have always gone with mates before.. Adult company would be amazing!!! Even better if they had a kid for mine to befriend!!!! 

Can be a bit of a struggle with a lone teen. Hope he/she manages to find somebody to make friends with. Perhaps pop a thread up and see if you can't get somebody to introduce theirs to yours and maybe start chatting before the festival? Hope it all goes well.

Shaun.

13 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Can be a bit of a struggle with a lone teen. Hope he/she manages to find somebody to make friends with. Perhaps pop a thread up and see if you can't get somebody to introduce theirs to yours and maybe start chatting before the festival? Hope it all goes well.

Shaun.

Thanks Shaun! I'll try that - be great for him to meet another lone teen!!!!! 

anna x

Thank you everyone for your posts. The group is full of new campers and we are excited to see you all come June.

As I've said if you are going to Glastonbury alone for whatever reason, we would love to have you join our camp. Drop me a message and I will get back to you with details I require from you.

Not long now people :)

Regards

Scully x