Camping Alone? Join us

Scull99

7 minutes ago, sjbinmcr said:

First time for me too. Decided to pay the ticket balance and I'm

now officially going to be at Glastonbury! Alone. Hoping not to bottle it as I know I'll regret it if I don't go. Just very worried about being completely clueless and on my own! 

Fancy getting involved with Camp Solo? Sounds like it would help you.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, iamthegr81 said:

Fancy getting involved with Camp Solo? Sounds like it would help you.

Yes please!! I'd love to join the group. It's my first time at a festival, not just my first Glastonbury - I should be excited not bricking it!!  Thanks for your message! 

1 hour ago, sjbinmcr said:

now officially going to be at Glastonbury! Alone. Hoping not to bottle it as I know I'll regret it if I don't go. Just very worried about being completely clueless and on my own! 

Whether you camp on your own like I like to do every year or join up with one of the camping groups, you will have a great time. There is a saying on Efestivals that "you are never truly alone at Glastonbury", and that is very true. Whatever you choose to do, you will have a fantastic time :)

6 hours ago, sjbinmcr said:

Yes please!! I'd love to join the group. It's my first time at a festival, not just my first Glastonbury - I should be excited not bricking it!!  Thanks for your message! 

Please don't worry about being on your own - you'll be looked after just fine by people at your Solo camp. I don't know why, but everyone you meet at Glasto will be bloody wonderful - it's that kind of festival! Enjoy, explore and chat away to anyone you like the look of on your travels.

12 hours ago, sjbinmcr said:

It's understandable that you are 'Bricking it', especially as it's your first festival and you are going on your own, however as Janie has said just about everyone you meet at Glastonbury are 'good people'.

Last year camp solo was just inside the site, very close to the coach drop off, so if you come by public transport you just need to get through the wristband exchange and then within a few minutes you will be part of a loose group of fellow solosits and all your worries will disappear.

17 hours ago, sjbinmcr said:

Have you joined the whatsapp group ? I was nervous about going alone  , great bunch , im so glad I took the plunge :)

cant wait now 

On 3 January 2016 at 4:28 PM, Scull99 said:

Hi,

If you managed to get a ticket to Glastonbury and are planning on going on your own, please let me know. I camped on my own last year with other single campers and we would love any new solo campers to join us. Message below and ill be in contact.

Thank you

Steve

Hi,

Balance paid, how do I get involved in this? Sounds great !!

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 10:00 PM, cinnamonchase said:

Hi everyone,

It's my first time, and am likely to be going alone after my friend pulled out...am pretty nervous about it, but am looking forward to meeting you all!(:

Anyone else travelling up from London?

Hey,

It will be my first time at Glasto too. Also travelling up from London, though haven't arranged any transport yet.

Are you going by coach?

On 7 April 2016 at 10:27 PM, sjbinmcr said:

Glad you decided to pay the balance!!

I am nervous too, no idea what to expect, but very excited to finally go, even on my own !!

I've had a bit of a change of plans, and will be camping on my own so would like to join in if possible. Should be arriving Wednesday mid morning assuming no major delays.

If anyone needs a lift from Nottingham or somewhere near the A453/A42 corridor then send me a message or see my post in the Lift Share section.

Looks like I'll be going it alone this year. Would love to get involved in this group. Where do you camp?

This will be my 4th Glastonbury, but first on my own, and I have a sneaky suspicion that it will be the best one yet!

I'm a bit nervous about going it alone but am looking forward to the freedom of doing my own thing and not having to worry about keeping others happy.

19 hours ago, Chris Zoidberg said:

Looks like I'll be going it alone this year. Would love to get involved in this group. Where do you camp?

Last year we were in Darble - A bit of away out , but plenty of room for everyone and very close for people arriving by coach

Hi all, my eleventh Glastonbury, but first since Radiohead/REM in 2003.  I managed to fluke a ticket in the London coach sales, but not until the Thursday @ 3pm, so will be getting in lateish. If Camp Solo is near Gate A then it would be lovely to join in.

2 hours ago, Robofish said:

Hi all, my eleventh Glastonbury, but first since Radiohead/REM in 2003.  I managed to fluke a ticket in the London coach sales, but not until the Thursday @ 3pm, so will be getting in lateish. If Camp Solo is near Gate A then it would be lovely to join in.

Perfect. We will be in Darble and save you some space :)

Hi - I'm sort of solo - my daughter will be working at Glasto but I am coming on my own - I'm sure I'll spend some time with her but I certainly don't want her to feel she has to babysit me and I'm happy to go off on my own.  But would love to meet up with you lot too.  But she'll be setting my tent up somewhere (I guess I might be able to ask her to put me where I like?). I'm coming on the Thursday (no idea what time, coach only booked today) so would like to know if I could meet up somewhere, sometime?

12 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Hi - I'm sort of solo - my daughter will be working at Glasto but I am coming on my own - I'm sure I'll spend some time with her but I certainly don't want her to feel she has to babysit me and I'm happy to go off on my own.  But would love to meet up with you lot too.  But she'll be setting my tent up somewhere (I guess I might be able to ask her to put me where I like?). I'm coming on the Thursday (no idea what time, coach only booked today) so would like to know if I could meet up somewhere, sometime?

1 hour ago, jennilily36 said:

Hello!! I'm a solo and virgin glasto goer and although excited I'm daunted at the prospect of camping alone. Also my problem is I got Thursday coach. Anyway I need Glasto friends!!! :)

I'm on a Thursday coach as well, but If we camp in Darble again this year then there will be plenty of room for all as it is probably the quietest camping area