Camping Alone? Join us

Scull99

Yeah, it seemed as though there was a huge problem with cliques this year. I camped in Camp Solo last year and I'd be more then happy to go there again this year having met some decent people there last year but at the same time there was alot of trouble with because cliques started forming and people were reporting back saying that they didn't feel welcome there. This is why I think it's a much better idea for a different person to be handed over the baton of organizing a solo camp each time.

Edited by BlackHole2006

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Yeah, it seemed as though there was a huge problem with cliques this year. I camped in Camp Solo last year and I'd be more then happy to go there again this year having met some decent people there last year but at the same time there was alot of trouble with a camp that was started on here purely because cliques started forming and people were reporting back saying that they didn't feel welcome there. This is why I think it's a much better idea for a different person to be handed over the baton of organizing a solo camp each time.

You mean triangle?

5 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

But its not 'another' solo group. Its this already established group or another solo group. I think Neil was merely pointing out that the title is somewhat misleading. 

The title doesnt say its a solo group

We were called camp solo because the flag were had to mark camp had hans solo on it

We did discuss if we were going to shut up shop and stick as a closed group because you'd told me of the problems in the past with cliques but the group decided that  we'd be open to anyone who wanted to camp with us

On 7 January 2016 at 2:00 PM, Respectfatfrog said:

could I join we have just found out the missus is preggers and thinking of going solo

Same here!, although my fine lady will be bringing our 1st child into the world at the end of May……is it wrong that i'm still planning on coming to Glastonbury?, she's ok with it, we both got tickets but she, clearly, won't be attending!

29 minutes ago, Youtopia said:

Same here!, although my fine lady will be bringing our 1st child into the world at the end of May……is it wrong that i'm still planning on coming to Glastonbury?, she's ok with it, we both got tickets but she, clearly, won't be attending!

I won't say it's wrong, but I decided after much soul-searching not to go in 2013, after my 1st was born in March.  As I watched the coverage of my favourite place in the world, I was utterly convinced I'd made the right decision.  A new baby, especially your first upends your world in ways it's simply impossible to comprehend beforehand.

There is no way I would have left my wife to look after a 3.5 month old baby on her own once I knew what it was like.  It's very very hard!

On 29/01/2016 at 11:25 PM, fatyeti24 said:

Do you now see how these things spiral into things they were never intended to be?

I am now a clique all by myself and yet I don't even know it. 

You will when you start sneering at your own musical taste. It's a slippery slope.

18 hours ago, Youtopia said:

Don't be soft, get to Glastonbury, you wont regret it... im sure 4/5 days wont hurt anyone.

18 hours ago, Youtopia said:

to be honest bud and this is from the heart I would be more tempted to stay at home not because she will need you but as you prob wouldn't want to leave the little one. but saying that you know yourself better then anyone and its easy to forget your a person too when the little one comes along as so much time is taken up with it so go if you want the camp solo guys are great and you and me can have a beer and be sados together looking at pictures of the kids while pretending to be tough men

21 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I won't say it's wrong, but I decided after much soul-searching not to go in 2013, after my 1st was born in March.  As I watched the coverage of my favourite place in the world, I was utterly convinced I'd made the right decision.  A new baby, especially your first upends your world in ways it's simply impossible to comprehend beforehand.

There is no way I would have left my wife to look after a 3.5 month old baby on her own once I knew what it was like.  It's very very hard!

21 hours ago, Youtopia said:

I'd written this year off - and started a thread on it - due to ours being 6 months old by the time of Glastonbury 2016.

But Mrs Woffy & I came to the compromise that I can rock up early Friday morning rather than Tuesday night.

Fucking result!

24 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I'd written this year off - and started a thread on it - due to ours being 6 months old by the time of Glastonbury 2016.

But Mrs Woffy & I came to the compromise that I can rock up early Friday morning rather than Tuesday night.

Fucking result!

Would you have gone it this was your first?  What is this Woffling Mk3 now?  You've got this childrearing down to a fine art by now surely?  Bet she won't even notice you're gone!