Volunteering at Glastonbury

normalperson

8 hours ago, bd93 said:

Hi everyone, new here! Couple of quick questions

Was looking at trying to get a volunteering place for glasto this year but struggling to talk my mates round to the idea. So was wondering is there ever many people working it on their own kind of looking to just meet people there? Would be up for doing that but can easily see everyone already being in groups

Also anyone thats applied through oxfam/festaff - If you're fairly quick off the mark is there a decent chance you'll get it? Or is it more or less a lottery for a first time application

Fully agree with 'incident' - its the best way to meet new people - you cant avoid them - whatever you do ' you will be teamed up with others ' - I think you will be surprised at how many are working - there is crew camps all over the place but its only before it starts will you get some idea as there is loads of workers walking about.

If its Glastonbury your mainly interested in then really Festaff is a none starter as they only have a tiny few jobs and I bet most of them will go to old hands - far better just sticking with Oxfam - all you have to do is be quick and fill in the ' pre application ' now { as trust me everyone else will have filled it in } and keep a eye on @Oxfamstewards { Twitter }

places go fast so you have to be prepared.